The policies specifying which content models are applied to a collection are stored with the collection object as a COLLECTION_POLICY datastream, which is viewable on the Datastreams management page of the collection.
You can manage a collection's content models using the 'Manage collection policy' page. This tutorial will explain how to navigate to that page and use it.
1. Navigate to the desired collection
Simply click on the collection whose policy you want to manage.
2. Click the 'Manage' tab
This will bring you to that collection's management page.
3. Click the 'Collection' button
This will bring you to the collection options page.
4. Click the 'Manage collection policy' tab
This will bring up the tool for managing the collection's policies.
5. Edit the collection policy
For each content model you would like to edit in the collection, there are a couple of steps to take:
- The box next to the Content Model PID will need to be checked off. In this example, we will be adding the 'PDF Solution Pack' model to our collection.
- A namespace needs to be applied to the content model. In this example, we are changing it from the default 'islandora' namespace.
- Once all content models have been selected and configured, click 'Update Collection Policy' to save your changes. Selected content models will be moved to the top of the list.
If your Fedora Repository services multiple sites then namespace decisions have security implications - any sites using the same namespace will have access to each others items.