New and Changed Features
Video Solution Pack (Beta)
A beta version of the new Video Solution Pack is being released with Islandora 12.1.0. This solution pack will ingest a video file, convert it to MKV (archival format), MP4 and OGG (derivative formats). The video will be displayed using the JW Player in either MP4 or OGG format (depending on the browser being used). Details and installation notes can be found in the Video Solution Pack section. Information on the required dependencies is in Chapter 12 - Installing Solution Pack Dependencies.
Please ensure that your video files are in a format supported by FFmpeg and that all required libraries are installed.
The Collection Manager now includes the following features:
- Migrate Members: This new fieldset allows you to select any or all members of the current collection and migrate them to another existing collection in the repository.
- Delete Members of This Collection: You can now delete any or all members of the current collection by selecting them from a list.
The Harvester module has been improved to allow more flexibility in labeling column headers. In the previous version, column headers needed to map directly to DC metadata (e.g. dc:title, dc:subject, etc.). The new version of the Harvester will accept the following header formats (using dc.title as an example):
Capitalization will also be ignored.
The Solr module now includes the following features:
- Extended Advanced Search: This new search block (enabled via the Islandora Extended Search module) provides additional advanced Solr search options. Any configuration options in the Solr Configuration panel will apply to this block as well.
- Display Switch: If more than one Primary Display Profile has been enabled in the Solr Configuration you can switch between these display profiles dynamically after conducting a search. Simply enable the 'Islandora Display Switch' block and click the desired display profile to switch to it.
- Default Query: This option in the Solr Configuration panel allows you to specify a default query to browse results when no explicit query is provided.
- Base Filters: Another option in the Solr Configuration panel - this allows you to append base filters (fq) to all user queries.
- Wildcard Searching: You can now use a wildcard ( * ) when conducting Solr searches.
Technical metadata for basic and large images is now being extracted via EXIFTool. This metadata can be found in the list of Datastreams under Detailed List of Content.
The Book Solution Pack is undergoing a major upgrade, including a new viewer and additional management functionality. This new version will be released as a separate download in a few weeks. It will be fully documented at that time.
Most modules have been updated for this release, but any that have not been updated will retain their version from the last release (6.x-11.3.1). They have been provided in this list, but if you already have the 6.x-11.3.1 version installed you need not replace it.
Unable to Add Content in IE7
Issues with Default Collection Query/XSLT View
When installing fedora_repository and it's children modules fedora_repository may fail while the children are installed
Large image solution pack, Servlet Filter, APIA Auth, Djatoka = Password Prompt
Google Developers Group: For support, feedback, and bug reports.
Google Users Group: For user-related issues and information.
Islandora operates under a GNU license.