Islandora 11.3.1 was released on January 10th, 2012. The following release notes cover both this minor release and the full 11.3.0 release (December 20th, 2011).
New and Changed Features
To test-drive a live demo of the new Islandora release, complete with the new features listed below, please visit the Islandora Sandbox (Username: admin | Password: islandora).
The Collection Manager is now a separate, optional module. However, in most cases you will want to enable this module in order to perform important functions, such as creating and managing collections.
The Batch Ingest tool is a separate, optional module. This tool, which was originally added in Islandora 11.2, allows you to upload a ZIP file containing a number of audio, basic image, large image, or PDF files. These files may optionally include associated XML metadata files - if you choose not to include such files, basic metadata records will be created using the filenames as titles. Each object created via batch ingest will have both DC and MODS Datastreams.
The book module has been expanded to include book and page management functions. You can access the book management options under the ‘Manage This Book’ tab. The following functions are available:
- Collection Membership: You can associate this book with additional collections. If the book is a member of more than one collection you can delete additional associations one at a time until the book belongs to only a single collection.
- View Metadata: This fieldset displays the available DC metadata for the book.
- Update Derived Datastreams: Here, you can refresh the OCR process for the book, reprocess the pages to create a new set of derived images, or regenerate the PDF for the entire book.
- Manage Current Datastreams: This fieldset allows you to view and manage the Datastreams associated with the book object.
- Permanently Delete This Book: Finally, you can delete the book and all associated pages.
You can access the page management functions by first clicking the new ‘Pages’ tab while viewing a book object; this will display thumbnails of each page. Click on an individual page to view it, then click the Manage This Page Object tab to bring up a list of page management functions:
- View Metadata: This fieldset displays the available metadata for the page (in most cases this will be brief).
- Update Derived Datastreams: Here, you can refresh the OCR process for this particular page and/or reprocess the page to create a new set of derived images.
- Manage Current Datastreams: This fieldset allows you to view and manage the Datastreams associated with this particular page.
- Add Additional Datastreams: You can manually add relevant Datastreams by using the functions in this fieldset.
- Permanently Delete This Page: Finally, you can delete the page itself, while leaving the rest of the book intact.
The default collections created by the Solution Packs now all use the ‘islandora’ namespace. If you are upgrading from the Islandora 11.2 release, this will create a new Book Collection with the PID ‘islandora:bookCollection’. Your old collections will not be affected in any way by the new collection.
Our Solr interface has some new features for developers.
We now have an optional sort field - the default Solr sort field is ‘score’; this is normally the best choice, but it can now be overridden by any stored, unique, untokenized field (except Date). If you wish to sort by date, use a copyfield in your schema to create a string.
Snippets may now be selected in the Solr admin interface. The default list view will now return snippets if a suitable field is selected. If you’d like to harvest snippets for a custom view you’ll find the snippets results within the ‘highlighting’ array of the response object.
Of interest to developers - we now trigger module_invoke_all from the IslandoraSolrQueryProcessor, allowing your configuration module to make any customization to your query before its run against the solr’s lucene index. Params and filters can be added or removed at this stage.
Islandora Repository | Documentation
Batch Ingest | Documentation
Collection Manager | Documentation
Harvester | Documentation
Solr | Documentation
Audio Solution Pack | Documentation
Books Solution Pack | Documentation
Basic Image Solution Pack | Documentation
Large Image Solution Pack | Documentation
PDF Solution Pack | Documentation
XML Forms | Documentation
Content Model Forms | Documentation
Objective Forms | Documentation
PHP Lib | Documentation
Tabs | Documentation
Microservices | Documentation
This module is still being developed for future microservices implementations. It is not functional in its current state. Please see the GitHub documentation for more information.
Google Developers Group: For support, feedback, and bug reports.
Google Users Group: For user-related issues and information.
Islandora operates under a GNU license.