Islandora Badges displays various metrics (and other) badges on objects. Each badge is created by a submodule. Available badges include:
- Altmetrics: display social media interactions
- Crossref citations: Citation counts via Crossref
oaDOI: Provides a link to a fulltext document for objects without a PDF datastream, via the oadoi.org API (Deprecated as of 7.x-1.11)
- Scopus: Citation counts via the Scopus database
- Web of Science: Citation counts via Web of Science
- Unpaywall: Provides a link to a fulltext document for objects without a PDF datastream, via the oadoi.org API
Badges will only display on objects that have a MODS datastream and a DOI (digital object identifier). The xpath to the DOI field is configurable.
This module requires the following modules/libraries:
Release Notes and Downloads
Configuration path is admin/islandora/tools/badges (Administration > Islandora > Islandora Utility Modules > Islandora Badges Configuration).
There are two administration fields:
- DOI XPath
- The XPath to the DOI element e.g. /mods:mods/mods:identifier[@type="doi"]
- A default is included and should serve most repositories, but you can change it if yours is located elsewhere.
- Identifier attributes are case sensitive. If you would like the XPath to account for both upper and lowercase DOI identifier attributes in MODS records, the following XPath can be used: /mods:mods/mods:identifier[@type="doi" or @type="DOI"]
- Content models
- Choose which CModels are able to display badges
In order to display the badge, you'll need to configure the block. The path is admin/structure/blocks (Administration > Structure > Blocks)
Locate the badge you wish to display (e.g. "Islandora Altmetrics Badge") and select the region you want to display it in, and save.
Example: You should then see the badge you selected in the region of choice.