Today's Meeting Times
- JIRA Backlog Hour: 19:00 UTC in #dspace IRC, i.e. one hour BEFORE the meeting. During that hour, we will be working together to tackle our JIRA Backlog of "Received" tickets.
- NOTE: Tim has a conflict with JIRA Backlog Hour and will be unable to attend this week. But, will be at the meeting.
- DSpace Developers Meeting: 20:00 UTC in #duraspace IRC
- DSpace 5.2 Updates
- Are we getting closer? Release timelines? tickets to discuss?
- (and related tickets)
- Re-examine our use of Solr as a statistics store. See .
- Other topics?
- Looking beyond DSpace 5, what sort of UI(s) would we want for the future?
- The new DSpace Steering Group has noted that it seems unsustainable to maintain two UIs forever.
- Both our UIs are rather dated platforms (JSPUI = base code is 13+ years old, XMLUI = 7+ years old). There are lots of newer, easier to user Java and non-Java UI platforms.
- Brainstorms on a Future UI is the beginning of some very rough ideas of what UI platforms exist out there, and what is important to us in a UI. None of this is "set in stone", and it's all just a brainstorm on "If we had to choose again now, what do we feel is the best UI platform to help DSpace remain a relevant, vibrant project for 5-10 more years."
Full IRC Transcript is available at - http://irclogs.duraspace.org/index.php?date=2015-04-01
(Action items go here, if any)