Page tree
Skip to end of metadata
Go to start of metadata

Developers Meeting on Weds, Feb 11, 2015

Today's Meeting Times


Discussion Topics

  1. DSpace 5.1 release in coming week or so. Get those bugs fixed & into the codebase!
    1. DS-2421 - Getting issue details... STATUS
  2. Google Summer of Code 2015 organization applications are due Fri, Feb 20. Do we want to apply?
  3. Other topics?
    1. DS-2433 - Getting issue details... STATUS  Confirm that the separation is a good idea. Is the proposed naming clear?
    2. There are several nice package builders to support batch ingestion, but none "in the box".  Should we try to adopt one?  Which one?  What would be our selection criteria?

Ongoing Discussions

  • Looking beyond DSpace 5, what sort of UI(s) would we want for the future? 
    1. The new DSpace Steering Group has noted that it seems unsustainable to maintain two UIs forever.
    2. Both our UIs are rather dated platforms (JSPUI = base code is 13+ years old, XMLUI = 7+ years old). There are lots of newer, easier to user Java and non-Java UI platforms.
    3. Brainstorms on a Future UI is the beginning of some very rough ideas of what UI platforms exist out there, and what is important to us in a UI.  None of this is "set in stone", and it's all just a brainstorm on "If we had to choose again now, what do we feel is the best UI platform to help DSpace remain a relevant, vibrant project for 5-10 more years."

Meeting Notes

Meeting Transcript

Action Items

(Action items go here, if any)


  • No labels