Page tree
Skip to end of metadata
Go to start of metadata

Developers Meeting on Weds, July 31, 2013

Agenda

Regular Items

  • "JIRA Backlog Hour" : Every Weds at 19:00UTC in #dspace IRC we will be working together to tackle our JIRA Backlog of "Received" tickets. This regular meeting will continue until we've been able to catch up on our backlog.

Discussion Topics

  1. Pull Request Reviews (first 10 minutes or so) - Starting with #203
  2. DS-1609 : DSpace 3.2 OAI-PMH Functionality needs JDK 1.7 (Java 7)
  3. DS-1272 (and PR #218) : Enable Discovery by Default (currently XMLUI only).  KevinVdV wants to get this into "master" soon in preparation for 4.0, so we have time to stabilize & also hopefully port to JSPUI as well.
  4. DSpace 4.0 planning
    1. Need to finalize a 4.0 Release Schedule & advertise it.  Suggested schedule from Andrea Bollini:
      1. Feature Freeze:  Oct 20
      2. RC1: Oct 31
      3. Testathon: Nov 5-6 (should this be Nov 4-15? usually we aim for two full weeks)
      4. RC2: Nov 21
      5. Final Release: Dec 4
    2. Tim question: Do we need to set a "goal" a few weeks (or month) before "Feature Freeze" for developers to submit their New Feature PRs before?
  5. Other topics for discussion?

Additional Ongoing Topics

  1. Brainstorming Features/Changes for future. Can we work towards development teams around any of these projects?

Individual Status Updates

If you have status items to report, please enter them below at least 1 hour before the meeting starts.

Meeting Notes

Meeting Transcript

Action Items

(Action items go here, if any)

  • No labels