Page tree
Skip to end of metadata
Go to start of metadata

Developers Meeting on Weds, May 8, 2013

Agenda

Regular Items

  • "JIRA Backlog Hour" : Every Weds at 19:00UTC in #dspace IRC we will be working together to tackle our JIRA Backlog of "Received" tickets. This regular meeting will continue until we've been able to catch up on our backlog.
  • REMINDER: Signup if you plan to attend the OR13 DSpace Developer Mtg  (on Monday, July 8 before OR13)

Discussion Topics

  1. Pull Request Reviews (first 10 minutes or so) - Starting with #114
  2. Thurs & Fri is the DSpace 3-5 year Vision or High-Level RoadMap meeting in Chicago. Tim will report back (likely early next week) on any outcomes/drafts that come out of that meeting.
    1. As mentioned previously, meeting is mostly about capturing use cases & features that DSpace should strive to meet in next 3-5 years.
    2. Any draft of a 3-5 year vision that comes from this meeting will be open for feedback.  One of the next steps would then likely be to use "3-5 year vision" to develop a more detailed Technical Roadmap (amongst Committers / tech folks).
  3. DSpace 4.0 planning
    1. 4.0 Release Team so far:  Hardy Pottinger and Mark Wood.
    2. Need to start thinking about our possible release timeline, and whether there's anything we want to change from the 3.0 release timeline.
    3. Obviously may want to think about trying to steer some of the DSpace Futures stuff (REST API, DC Registry updates) towards 4.0
  4. Other topics?

Additional Ongoing Topics

  1. Brainstorming Features/Changes for future. Can we work towards development teams around any of these projects?

Individual Status Updates

If you have status items to report, please enter them below at least 1 hour before the meeting starts.

Meeting Notes

Meeting Transcript

Action Items

(Action items go here, if any)

  • No labels