Page tree
Skip to end of metadata
Go to start of metadata

Developers Meeting on Weds, October 10, 2012

Agenda

Regular Items

  • Forgoing JIRA review for now to spend time on 3.0 & Testathon. Specific JIRA tickets can be brought up as needed.

Discussion Topics

  1. 3.0 Release Testathon
    1. Any last things to clean up or take care of?
    2. SourceForge – should we still put release downloads up on SourceForge
      1. Pros: Sourceforge provides nice download stats/charts. GitHub doesn't (the best GitHub can do is give you a grand total).
        1. Also, it seems like there's no easy way to tell folks who find DSpace on SourceForge that the latest releases can be downloaded over on GitHub.
      2. Cons: It's another place to post releases to.
    3. DS-1277 : helix84 has suggested to have http://demo.dspace.org/ feedback form send to a different JIRA project.  Thoughts? Alternatives?
  2. Other topics?

Additional Ongoing Topics

  1. How can we "catch up" with JIRA Backlog?
    • Do we need to "split up" the tickets & do quick reviews on our own? Or perhaps just split up tickets & do a very quick ranking & schedule ones with patches for 3.0?
    • Perhaps we schedule a "JIRA Backlog Bash" event (via IRC or similar) where we work together to decrease the backlog over a few days or a week (think of this like a "Test-a-thon" but instead we'd be working to just clear out the backlog as best we can).
  2. Brainstorming Features/Changes for future. Can we work towards development teams around any of these projects?

Individual Status Updates

If you have status items to report, please enter them below at least 1 hour before the meeting starts.

Meeting Notes

Meeting Transcript

Action Items

(Action items go here, if any)

  • No labels