Page tree
Skip to end of metadata
Go to start of metadata

Developers Meeting on Weds, September 26, 2012

Agenda

Regular Items

  • Forgoing JIRA review for now to spend time on 3.0. Specific JIRA tickets can be brought up as needed.

Announcement

  • DuraSpace Wiki Upgrade (to Confluence 4.3.1) will be happening on Fri from 2-3pm EDT. The announcement went out to all lists earlier today.
    • Many new exciting features will be coming to the Wiki (including "task lists", which may be useful to create a task list of "to-do" items for releases). More social features as well (can "@" mention someone to notify them of a particular wiki page/content). More details are in the formal announcement linked above.
    • However, NO MORE WIKI MARKUP EDITOR. With Confluence 4.x, the wiki pages are now saved in XHTML (not Wiki markup language). The "Rich Text" Editor has also been rebuilt and is vastly improved. You will be able to edit the XHTML source directly (if you want). You also can type in Wiki Markup into the "Rich Text" Editor, but there is no way to edit existing pages via Wiki Markup.
    • Question/Comments/Concerns, feel free to contact Tim Donohue or "sysadmin at duraspace dot org"

Discussion Topics

  1. 3.0 Release Schedule & Discussions
    • Discussion of latest schedule & outstanding tasks to complete
    • Outstanding questions:
      • Do we want to pull LNI out of the "main codebase" and release as a separate 'dspace-lni' module?
      • Should Discovery be enabled by default? The question posted to dspace-devel had some good discussion, but no consensus yet.
  2. Other topics?

Additional Ongoing Topics

  1. How can we "catch up" with JIRA Backlog?
    • Do we need to "split up" the tickets & do quick reviews on our own? Or perhaps just split up tickets & do a very quick ranking & schedule ones with patches for 3.0?
    • Perhaps we schedule a "JIRA Backlog Bash" event (via IRC or similar) where we work together to decrease the backlog over a few days or a week (think of this like a "Test-a-thon" but instead we'd be working to just clear out the backlog as best we can).
  2. Brainstorming Features/Changes for future. Can we work towards development teams around any of these projects?

Individual Status Updates

If you have status items to report, please enter them below at least 1 hour before the meeting starts.

Meeting Notes

Meeting Transcript

Action Items

(Action items go here, if any)

  • No labels