Page tree
Skip to end of metadata
Go to start of metadata

Developers Meeting on Weds, July 25, 2012

Agenda

Regular Items

Discussion Topics

  1. 3.0 Release - Reviewing larger features & planning the release?
    • Larger features listed as 3.0 tentative (esp. OAI 2.0, @mire features, CILEA features)
    • Are their particular features we want to schedule a special topic meeting around?
    • Should we be finding ways to split up review of all the existing features on the 3.0 Release notes page (or "rank" which ones need many eyes versus just a few)?
    • Should we have someone(s) do a "quick scan" for open JIRA tickets with patches attached so that we can perhaps apply/review them for 3.0? (These could be "quick wins" as well)
  2. 3.0 Questions (from helix84):
    1. Where should translations of individual modules like Discovery go? Including them in the main messages.xml currently works. This should be answered before freeze time, it already poses another barrier for commiting of translations, see DS-1049, DS-1054. This is a subproblem of i18n Improvements Proposal, but let us not divert this discussion too much to broad topics. ~~helix84
    2. DS-531: ETD-MS schema out of the box. Again, the larger problem is that our metadata schema should be brought up-to-date with DCMI, but maybe we could tackle this smaller issue of ETDs. I suggest we add a "thesis" schema with 5 fields mentioned in this table to support ETD-MS out-of-the-box. ~~helix84
  3. Need to review Guidelines for Committing based on GitHub/Git?
    • Thoughts on how we rework these polices to our new GitHub development environment (with Pull Request policies, etc.)?
  4. Other topics?

Additional Ongoing Topics

  1. How can we "catch up" with JIRA Backlog?
    • Do we need to "split up" the tickets & do quick reviews on our own? Or perhaps just split up tickets & do a very quick ranking & schedule ones with patches for 3.0?
    • Perhaps we schedule a "JIRA Backlog Bash" event (via IRC or similar) where we work together to decrease the backlog over a few days or a week (think of this like a "Test-a-thon" but instead we'd be working to just clear out the backlog as best we can).
  2. Brainstorming Features/Changes for 3.0. Can we work towards development teams around any of these projects?

Individual Status Updates

If you have status items to report, please enter them below at least 1 hour before the meeting starts.

Meeting Notes

JIRA Review, Java 7 (OpenJDK & Oracle), Using JIRA labels (e.g. "has-patch"), how to handle translations of modules

Meeting Transcript

Action Items

Action items coming out of this meeting go here, if any.

  • No labels