Page tree
Skip to end of metadata
Go to start of metadata

Developers Meeting on Weds, July 18, 2012

Agenda

Regular Items

Discussion Topics

  1. Anything to follow-up on after last week's OR12 DSpace Developers Meeting?
    • Any TODO's needing captured? Any specific decisions worth noting? Or anything we need to vote upon or schedule for a future meeting?
  2. Discussion & Review of OAI 2.0 / XOAI work (from Lyncode) for 3.0. (OAI 2.0 Documentation, Pull Request #37, DS-1202)
    • This essentially would replace the current OAI webapp, with a new version which is based on Solr, is OpenAIRE & Driver compliant.
    • Do we replace the existing OAI module for 3.0? Do we make OAI modules in general "optional" to install? How do we want to manage this going forward?
  3. 3.0 Release - Reviewing larger features & planning the release
    • Are their particular features we want to schedule a special topic meeting around?
    • Should we be finding ways to split up review of all the existing features on the 3.0 Release notes page (or "rank" which ones need many eyes versus just a few)?
  4. 3.0 Questions (from helix84):
    1. Where should translations of individual modules like Discovery go? Including them in the main messages.xml currently works. This should be answered before freeze time, it already poses another barrier for commiting of translations, see DS-1049, DS-1054. This is a subproblem of i18n Improvements Proposal, but let us not divert this discussion too much to broad topics. ~~helix84
    2. DS-531: ETD-MS schema out of the box. Again, the larger problem is that our metadata schema should be brought up-to-date with DCMI, but maybe we could tackle this smaller issue of ETDs. I suggest we add a "thesis" schema with 5 fields mentioned in this table to support ETD-MS out-of-the-box. ~~helix84
  5. Need to review Guidelines for Committing based on GitHub/Git?
    • Thoughts on how we rework these polices to our new GitHub development environment (with Pull Request policies, etc.)?
  6. Other topics?

Additional Ongoing Topics

  1. How can we "catch up" with JIRA Backlog?
    • Do we need to "split up" the tickets & do quick reviews on our own? Or perhaps just split up tickets & do a very quick ranking & schedule ones with patches for 3.0?
    • Perhaps we schedule a "JIRA Backlog Bash" event (via IRC or similar) where we work together to decrease the backlog over a few days or a week (think of this like a "Test-a-thon" but instead we'd be working to just clear out the backlog as best we can).
  2. Brainstorming Features/Changes for 3.0. Can we work towards development teams around any of these projects?

Individual Status Updates

If you have status items to report, please enter them below at least 1 hour before the meeting starts.

Meeting Notes

JIRA Review, highlights/summary from OR12 mtg, brainstorms on releasing modules & install separately (Richard's MDS work, Lyncode's XOAI work)

Meeting Transcript

Action Items

Action items coming out of this meeting go here, if any.

  • No labels