Page tree
Skip to end of metadata
Go to start of metadata

Developers Meeting on Weds, February 1, 2012

Agenda

Regular Items

  1. JIRA Catch-Up – starting with issue DS-937

Discussion Topics

  1. DCAT Dicussion of DS-1021 : Add integration with an online document viewer (like flash based FlexPaper) - Amy Lana (of U of Missouri & DCAT Member) will be joining us
  2. Thoughts on a "DSpace Developers Virtual Summit" Week? (potential weeks include Feb 13-17, Feb 20-24, Feb 27-Mar 2)
    • Summit would consist of a daily video/voice chat meeting (1-2 hrs likely, via Google+?) between developers/committers
    • Open format discussion, but seeded with a few larger/provocative questions
      • Example question: "How do we move the DSpace API forward to better support multiple UIs, potential new UI development, & avoid UI logic duplication?"
    • Tim would attend each day, but rest of folks would likely be rotating in/out based on their schedules (limit of 10 simultaneous attendees, based on Google+ limitations).
    • Each day we'd publicly post (to dspace-devel list) a summary of that day's discussions. This would allow others to provide comments/feedback & to encourage others to join in following days
    • At end of summit, if things went well, it may or may not be followed up by a "Virtual Hack-a-thon" (week or two) to rapidly prototype/build any new projects that were brainstormed.
  3. Highlight Richard Rodgers' new GitHub project on Modernizing DSpace Kernel/API: https://github.com/richardrodgers/mds Fork it and help out, if you are so inclined!
  4. Other topics?

Additional Ongoing Topics

  1. Brainstorming Features/Changes for 3.0. Can we work towards development teams around any of these projects?

Individual Status Updates

If you have status items to report, please enter them below at least 1 hour before the meeting starts.

Meeting Notes

JIRA Review, DCAT Discussion of DS-1021, promoting Modernizing DSpace Kernel work

Meeting Transcript

Action Items

Action items coming out of this meeting go here, if any.

  • TODO - Update the ReleaseCoordinating page to better outline Release Processes
    • Add "Update this document with lessons learned" as the final task of any release.
  • No labels