- JIRA Catch-Up (for first 20 mins or so of meeting) – starting with issue DS-616
- DSpace 1.7 Features/Updates
- Unclaimed 1.7 Issues/Potential Features in JIRA
- Other updates ???
- License Headers (picking up from Last Week's discussion)
- For 1.7, we should try to switch to this smaller DuraSpace License Header suggestion
- Tim is working on getting a publicly available License file up at http://www.dspace.org/license/ (currently not there yet, but may be soon)
- We should be able to use Maven to update these license headers – see http://aaronz-sakai.blogspot.com/2009/08/easy-license-headers-with-maven.html
- Coming Soon (next week or two): JIRA Migration to http://jira.duraspace.org/
- Our existing JIRA is a rather old version – this move will also allow everyone to use the same Login for both Wiki & JIRA.
JIRA catchup, 1.7 updates, discussion of Memory Leak email threads
- JIRA Catchup – ended with DS-623
- DSpace 1.7 Updates
- Sands Fish (MIT) working on XMLUI "White Screen of Death" issues (see http://jira.dspace.org/jira/browse/DS-605) – patch coming
- Google Scholar-friendly improvements coming as well (also Sands & MIT) – see http://jira.dspace.org/jira/browse/DS-396
- Other feature updates
- There are still Unclaimed 1.7 Issues – please volunteer to help out!
- Recent Memory Leak discussions on dspace-tech (for thread, see http://email@example.com/msg11969.html)
- All in agreement that we need to resolve any Memory leaks & improve performance
- We need a leader for this initiative & a volunteer task force to start working on it
- Tim will send an announcement/call – It has now been sent, see: http://firstname.lastname@example.org/msg12042.html
- Known interested parties who we may be able to convince to help: Graham Triggs, Hardy Pottinger, possibly PeterDietz
- Did not get around to the License Headers discussion in agenda.
- Full IRC Transcript is available at - http://www.duraspace.org/irclogs/index.php?date=2010-09-22