- JIRA Catch-Up (for first 20 mins or so of meeting) – starting with issue DS-553
- DSpace 1.7 Features/Updates
- AIP Backup/Restore work is now in Trunk. Feedback is welcome. NEED HELP TESTING LNI (see DS-647)
- DSpace 1.7 Documentation to Wiki - Jeff Trimble is working on it here: DSpace Test Document
- If you have time or would like to volunteer to help cleanup the Docs in the wiki, contact Jeff Trimble.
- Java 1.6 as a Pre-requisite for 1.7.0 – Do we update our docs & pom.xml?
- REST API - Do we release as an "beta version" in 1.7? Do we release asynchronously on its own (after 1.7 but before 1.8)? Do we hold until 1.8 or later?
- DSpace Discovery project updates
- Anyone have other 1.7 feature updates?
- Topic suggestions for next meeting?
JIRA Cleanup, Discovery updates, REST API discussion (bring REST issues to JIRA)
- 30 minutes of JIRA Cleanup – ended with issue DS-562
- DSpace Discovery updates
- Requires decision on asynchronous or synchronous release processes
- Discovery has dependencies on 'dspace-api', and otherwise would need to be moved to Trunk to build properly
- Code is still "beta" – needs more eyes/attention
- REST API updates
- <kshepherd> REST is far from ready. Even the read-only GET functions are not implemented as advertised, and GETs to, for example, collections with > 1000 items will run a typical jvm out of mem due to some parent/child entity loops and incorrect depth checking
- TODO: Bring REST issues into JIRA
- Full IRC Transcript available at - http://www.duraspace.org/irclogs/index.php?date=2010-08-18