Page tree
Skip to end of metadata
Go to start of metadata

Date

 from 14:00-15:00 UTC

Location: https://lyrasis.zoom.us/my/dspace (Meeting ID: 502 527 3040).

Beta 3 Sprint : June 1-12

Agenda

  • (BEFORE MEETING IN #dev-sprint) Developer Stand Up - Developers give brief updates on their effort (or their team's effort).

    • Update/see "Current Work" section below based on your status. Please feel free to update prior to meeting.
    • Please highlight any new work (needing reviews/testing), any blockers (for you), and any discussion topics you may have.
  • (25 mins) General Discussion Topics
  • (35 mins) Planning for next week

Attendees

7.0 Release Goals

These resources define the prioritization and general schedule we are working towards

Current Work

Legend for status icons

(blue star) = Highest Priority tasks (please prioritize these reviews/tasks over others).

(error) = review done, changes were requested or bugs found.

(tick) = review done, approved.

(warning) = review done, merge conflict or other minor changes requests

1 APPROVAL = pull request only requires a single approval to merge.  This is generally reserved for PRs which are either smaller, obvious, and/or bug fixes with tests to prove they work.  

Claim a Ticket!

If you do not have access in JIRA or GitHub to officially claim the ticket you wish to work on, contact Tim Donohue

PRs Needing Review

  1. (REST Contract) (beta 3) related to the scripts & processes PR above (related to PR 2648 below) https://github.com/DSpace/Rest7Contract/pull/99  ( Tim Donohue - (warning) minor feedback) (Once contact is updated Tim Donohue will rereview and merge)
  2. (NEW) (REST Contract) (beta 3) Refactoring Authority support  / value-pairs / controlled vocabularies: https://github.com/DSpace/Rest7Contract/pull/128 (Tim Donohue will rereview, Ben Bosman )
  3. (REST Contract) Minor Logout changes to support Logout Page https://github.com/DSpace/Rest7Contract/pull/124 (Andrea Bollini (4Science)(tick) just a typo to fix) READY TO MERGE AFTER MEETING
  4. (NEW) (REST) (beta3) Pre authorize annotations for subresources https://github.com/DSpace/DSpace/pull/2778 ((tick) Craig Rosenbeck , Andrea Bollini (4Science) )
  5. (REST) (beta3) New user registration & forgot password https://github.com/DSpace/DSpace/pull/2763 (Tim Donohue - REREVIEWAndrea Bollini (4Science) REREVIEW)
  6. (REST) (beta3) Scripts & processes: importing and exporting csv's https://github.com/DSpace/DSpace/pull/2648 ( Tim Donohue REREVIEW after contract and merge)
  7. (REST) (beta3) DS-4042: Fix implementation and add IT for wrong PATCH request in submission: https://github.com/DSpace/DSpace/pull/2760 (Tim Donohue (tick),  Ben Bosman REREVIEW)
  8. (REST) (beta 3) CC License support: https://github.com/DSpace/DSpace/pull/2764 (Tim Donohue - REREVIEW PER KEVIN'S QUESTION)
  9. (REST) (beta 3) Performance issues with finding Collections a user can submit to  https://github.com/DSpace/DSpace/pull/2771 (Kevin Van de Velde (Atmire - (warning) minor feedback  Tim Donohue - (warning) minor feedback - look at 4122 and make sure it has Kevin's details)
  10. (REST) (beta 3) DS-4486 Add support/tests for Collection/Community role-based groups for Community/Collection Admins https://github.com/DSpace/DSpace/pull/2774 (Kevin Van de Velde (Atmire) REREVIEWTim Donohue )
  11. (Angular) (beta3) Scripts & Processes Admin UI https://github.com/DSpace/dspace-angular/pull/636 (Tim DonohueGiuseppe Digilio (4Science)Craig Rosenbeck)
    1. Depends on REST PR #2648 (see above) 
  12. (Angular) Add multi-field sorting https://github.com/DSpace/dspace-angular/pull/634 1 APPROVAL  (Giuseppe Digilio (4Science)(warning) feedback added, Tim Donohue - (warning) questions on how to review/test. No specs in PR)
  13. (Angular) New User Registration https://github.com/DSpace/dspace-angular/pull/687 (Art Lowel (Atmire) (tick) with a few UX suggestions that can move to a ticket, Giuseppe Digilio (4Science)(warning) better to test once REST PR is merged)
    1. Depends on REST PR #2763 (see above)
  14. (Angular) (beta3) Refactor registry service https://github.com/DSpace/dspace-angular/pull/697 (Tim Donohue will give quick second review, Giuseppe Digilio (4Science) REREVIEW)
  15. (NEW) (Angular) (beta4) Fix context sensitive menus https://github.com/DSpace/dspace-angular/pull/700 (Giuseppe Digilio (4Science) , Tim Donohue will give second review)
  16. (NEW) (Angular) (beta3) Fix issues with edit collection and community pages https://github.com/DSpace/dspace-angular/issues/701 (1 APPROVAL after build fix, Giuseppe Digilio (4Science) )
  17. (NEW) (Angular) (beta3) CC License support https://github.com/DSpace/dspace-angular/pull/703 (Giuseppe Digilio (4Science) , Tim Donohue )
    1. depends on REST PR #2764
  18. (Backend) (low priority) DS-626 : Exchange usage data with IRUS https://github.com/DSpace/DSpace/pull/2664 ((tick)Craig RosenbeckTim Donohue - REREVIEW, others can take a look)
  19. (Backend) (low priority) (tentative 7.2) DS-4440 GDPR - Anonymize Statistics Feature: https://github.com/DSpace/DSpace/pull/2692 (Andrea Bollini (4Science)Ben BosmanTim Donohue)  --nice to clear this one
  20. (Backend) (low priority)  [DS-4149] porting XOAI additional indexer https://github.com/DSpace/DSpace/pull/2756 (Paulo Graça (warning) feedback added, Andrea Bollini (4Science) )
  21. (Backend) [DS-3940] SHERPA v2 API (master port): https://github.com/DSpace/DSpace/pull/2773 (Andrea Bollini (4Science)(warning) feedback added, Kevin Van de Velde (Atmire) (warning) feedback added)
  22. (NEW) (Angular) BUG FIX https://github.com/DSpace/dspace-angular/pull/702 1 APPROVAL (Art Lowel (Atmire)(tick)Tim Donohue to MERGE after meeting

PRs Needing Updates  / On Hold

  1. (REST Contract) Language support on the backend (possible new cookie for Angular?https://github.com/DSpace/Rest7Contract/pull/122 ((warning) NEEDS UPDATES FROM Andrea Bollini (4Science) ) (Tim DonohueBen Bosman, Art Lowel (Atmire) )
  2. (REST) (WAITING ON DISCUSSION, SEE 2020-05-18 DSpace 7 Transition BTE to Live Import Mtg(tentative 7.1) [DS-4281]: Metadata suggestions in the live import https://github.com/DSpace/DSpace/pull/2712  (Tim Donohue , Andrea Bollini (4Science))
  3. (REST) (WAITING ON DISCUSSION, SEE Controlled Vocabularies and Authority Control in DSpace 7) (beta 3) Controlled vocabularyMykhaylo Boychuk https://github.com/DSpace/DSpace/pull/2743 (REST Contract #120) (Tim Donohue, Kevin Van de Velde (Atmire) )
  4. (Angular) (WAITING ON PROPOSAL FROM Art Lowel (Atmire) FOR RESOLVING CACHING MISBEHAVIOR IN SUBMISSION UI) Alternative links https://github.com/DSpace/dspace-angular/pull/652 (Giuseppe Digilio (4Science) (warning) feedback added, Tim Donohue - (warning) feedback added)

PRs Coming Soon

  1. (beta 3) REST Language Support on the backend Mykhaylo Boychuk (blocked internally, it is under review by Andrea Bollini (4Science))

PRs Merged this week!

  1. (tick) (REST Contract) (beta 3) Authorization for Downloads of restricted Bitstreams https://github.com/DSpace/Rest7Contract/pull/126 
  2. (tick) (REST) Update JQuery and Toastr used in HAL Browser: https://github.com/DSpace/DSpace/pull/2769 1 APPROVAL
  3. (tick) (REST) (beta 3) DS-4495 Restricted endpoints are sometimes the only HAL link path to public endpoints REST API v7 https://github.com/DSpace/DSpace/pull/2766 
  4. (tick) (REST) (beta 4) Configuration property retrieval Rest endpoint/Google Analytics support: https://github.com/DSpace/DSpace/pull/27621 APPROVAL 
  5. (tick) (Angular) Use external lib for file-size-pipe https://github.com/DSpace/dspace-angular/pull/698 1 APPROVAL
  6. (tick) (Angular) Fix issue with polyfill order in safari and firefox https://github.com/DSpace/dspace-angular/pull/689 1 APPROVAL

Blocked

  1. (Blocked PRs go here)

Delayed / Needs Discussion

  1. Initial Performance Testing from Chris.  Needs revisiting / retesting prior to 7.0. 
    1. https://cwilper.github.io/dspace-perftest/
    2. These performance tests were run prior to the work on "projections" (to limit the data returned by the REST API).  Therefore, it is likely performance is much improved, but needs verification testing.
  2. (REST Contract) Edit Homepage News: https://github.com/DSpace/Rest7Contract/pull/45
    1. Delayed. General agreement (in meeting on March 21, 2019) that storing HTML in metadata fields is not really ideal behavior.  Metadata (from a librarian standpoint) tends to be free of format-related markup (as that allows for easier sharing, understanding of metadata.  Currently Community & Collection homepage information is HTML-based and is stored in metadata that is appropriate for a minor subset of information (like the title) but it is better to move large/rich text to bitstreams.  
    2. Proposal here is to consider storing HTML-based markup (for Site, Community & Collection homepages) in Bitstream(s) associated with the object in question.  May allow for more CMS-lite behavior in the future
    3. Timeline for this is uncertain.  Possibly in 7 or 8. May depend on how/whether it can be scoped.

Notes

  • We will try the Tuesday PR deadline and see if it is helpful
  • Greater focus on time for PR discussion was appreciated
  • Agreed to add to DSpace 7 Release Plan spreadsheet the following:
    1. claiming unclaimed Beta 3 tickets (unclaimed could be moved to Beta 4);
    2. adding TUESDAY deadlines for PRs, so reviewers might be pre-assigned before the Thursday meeting
    3. adding estimates where they are missing (less important if there is a PR deadline added)