from 14:00-15:00 UTC
Location: https://lyrasis.zoom.us/my/dspace (Meeting ID: 502 527 3040).
- More connection options available at DSpace Meeting Room
Beta 2 Finish Sprint : March 30-April 10
- Finish up Beta 2 tasks & release 7.0beta2
- Additional work on Beta3 tasks
(15 mins) Developer Stand Up - Developers give brief updates on their effort (or their team's effort).
- Update/see "Current Work" section below based on your status. Please feel free to update prior to meeting.
- Please highlight any new work (needing reviews/testing), any blockers (for you), and any discussion topics you may have.
- (25 mins) General Discussion Topics
- (REST) (beta 2) Subresources should obey access restrictions https://github.com/DSpace/DSpace/pull/2726
- Finishing up beta2 (and possibly postponing some later PRs to beta3)
- (Feel free to add other topics)
- (20 mins) Planning for next week
- Claim tasks for next week from DSpace 7 Release Plan spreadsheet
- Assigning PRs for Review
- Mark H. Wood
- Giuseppe Digilio (4Science)
- Ben Bosman
- Chris Wilper
- Paulo Graça
7.0 Release Goals
These resources define the prioritization and general schedule we are working towards
- DSpace 7 Release Goals : overview of goals/timelines & beta release process
- DSpace 7 Release Plan spreadsheet: our planning spreadsheet which details which features are scheduled for each Beta release.
Claim a Ticket!
If you do not have access in JIRA or GitHub to officially claim the ticket you wish to work on, contact Tim Donohue
- Available Angular UI Tickets
- Available REST API Tickets
- Unassigned tickets scheduled for 7.0beta2 (highest priority)
- Unassigned tickets scheduled for 7.0beta3 (second highest priority)
- General REST API tickets flagged as "low hanging fruit". These may be a good starting point for newer developers.
- General REST API unassigned bug tickets. Again, might be a good starting point for newer developers.
PRs Needing Review
- (REST Contract) related to the scripts & processes PR above (related to PR 2648 below) https://github.com/DSpace/Rest7Contract/pull/99 (NEEDS UPDATES FROM KEVIN) (Andrea Bollini (4Science) - REVIEWED, Tim Donohue )
- (REST Contract) Remove unnecessary exception in license PATCH https://github.com/DSpace/Rest7Contract/pull/118 ( Andrea Bollini (4Science), Tim Donohue)
- (NEW) (REST Contract) Configuration property retrieval https://github.com/DSpace/Rest7Contract/pull/119 (Tim Donohue - feedback added, Andrea Bollini (4Science) )
- (REST) (beta4) Scripts & processes: importing and exporting csv's https://github.com/DSpace/DSpace/pull/2648 (WAITING ON PR UPDATES FROM KEVIN) (Andrea Bollini (4Science) - REVIEWED, Tim Donohue - added summary of way forward Mark H. Wood )
- (REST) (tentative 7.1) [DS-4281]: Metadata suggestions in the live import https://github.com/DSpace/DSpace/pull/2712 (Tim Donohue - REVIEW BY April 9, Andrea Bollini (4Science) - REVIEW BY April 9 if possible)
- (REST) (beta 2) REST API should respect "metadata.hide" configurations https://github.com/DSpace/DSpace/pull/2719 (CAN BE MERGED - CREATE A JIRA TICKET) (Tim Donohue, Andrea Bollini (4Science))
- (HIGH PRIORITY) (REST) (beta 2) Edit Community/Collection - Assign Roles/Groups https://github.com/DSpace/DSpace/pull/2722 (Tim Donohue - REREVIEW, Andrea Bollini (4Science) - REREVIEW, Ben Bosman , Julian Timal (eScire) )
- (REST) (beta 3) Subresources should obey access restrictions https://github.com/DSpace/DSpace/pull/2726 (Tim Donohue -New feedback added, Andrea Bollini (4Science) implementation approach need discussion)
- (NEW) (REST) beta2 Authorization as someone with admin right IT : https://github.com/DSpace/DSpace/pull/2736 (Tim Donohue - minor feedback added, Julian Timal (eScire) , NEEDS SECOND REVIEWER)
- (REST) (beta 3) Administer Workflow (Abort WorkflowItem, Delete WorkflowItem) https://github.com/DSpace/DSpace/pull/2727 (Tim Donohue, Andrea Bollini (4Science) implementation approach need discussion)
- (NEW) (REST) Configurable whitelist for "Access-Control-Allow-Origin" header: https://github.com/DSpace/DSpace/pull/2735 (Ben Bosman , Giuseppe Digilio (4Science))
- (NEW) (REST) Assume login feature https://github.com/DSpace/DSpace/pull/2740 (Ben Bosman, Tim Donohue)
- (Angular) (beta2) Edit Community - Assign Roles/Groups https://github.com/DSpace/dspace-angular/pull/632 (Possibly one approval) (Tim Donohue - minor usability issue, Art Lowel (Atmire)
- Depends on REST PR #2722 (see above).
- (NEW) (Angular) (beta2) Edit Collection - Assign Roles/Groups https://github.com/DSpace/dspace-angular/pull/643 (Tim Donohue - REVIEW, Art Lowel (Atmire) )
- Depends on REST PR #2722 (see above).
- (NEW) (Angular) (beta 3) Edit resource policies (additional test by next week) Giuseppe Digilio (4Science) https://github.com/DSpace/dspace-angular/pull/645 (Tim Donohue, Art Lowel (Atmire) , Julian Timal (eScire) )
- (NEW) (Angular) (beta 3) Administer Workflow https://github.com/DSpace/dspace-angular/pull/650 (Tim Donohue, Julian Timal (eScire))
- Depends on REST PR #2727 (see above). NEEDS FEEDBACK ON #2727
- (NEW) (Angular) Request By UUID bugfix https://github.com/DSpace/dspace-angular/pull/648 (Tim Donohue, Giuseppe Digilio (4Science))
- (Angular) (beta3) Scripts & Processes Admin UI https://github.com/DSpace/dspace-angular/pull/636 (Tim Donohue, Giuseppe Digilio (4Science), Craig Rosenbeck)
- (Angular) (EARLY beta3) Switch to Angular CLI https://github.com/DSpace/dspace-angular/pull/625 (Tim Donohue, Giuseppe Digilio (4Science))
- (Backend) DS-626 : Exchange usage data with IRUS https://github.com/DSpace/DSpace/pull/2664 (NEEDS REVIEWERS)
- (Backend) (tentative 7.2) DS-4440 GDPR - Anonymize Statistics Feature: https://github.com/DSpace/DSpace/pull/2692 (Andrea Bollini (4Science), Ben Bosman, Tim Donohue)
- (Backend / Security) (EARLY beta3) Upgrade Spring Boot, Spring & Spring HATEOAS: https://github.com/DSpace/DSpace/pull/2720 (Andrea Bollini (4Science), Craig Rosenbeck)
PRs Coming Soon
- (beta 3) (REST) Controlled vocabulary Mykhaylo Boychuk (ETA 9 or 10 April) https://github.com/DSpace/DSpace/compare/master...Micheleboychuk:DS-4475-SupportForControlledVocabulary (PR for REST contract also)
- NOT a PR but a ticket with initial list of needed authority features Andrea Bollini (4Science) (ETA 10 April)
PRs Merged this week!
- (Angular) (beta 2) Edit Item Bitstreams Tab https://github.com/DSpace/dspace-angular/pull/577
- (Angular) (beta 2) Ensure workflow members can only perform actions assigned https://github.com/DSpace/dspace-angular/pull/608
- (REST Contract) (beta 3) New User Registration & Forgot password https://github.com/DSpace/Rest7Contract/pull/117
- (Angular) (beta2) Manage Groups https://github.com/DSpace/dspace-angular/pull/613
- (REST) (beta 2) Group/EPerson management: Delete, retrieve parent object & patch support https://github.com/DSpace/DSpace/pull/2723
- (Blocked PRs go here)
Delayed / Needs Discussion
- Managing Authorization info in Angular UI : How to pass Authorization rights (i.e. logged in user's access rights) from REST API to Angular? See for example: https://github.com/DSpace/dspace-angular/issues/393
- In July 25 meeting, we noted this probably cannot be resolved with just one simple solution. May need to look at different options for different scenarios
- Work is ongoing, but has been started in these areas:
- Initial Performance Testing from Chris.
- (REST Contract) Edit Homepage News: https://github.com/DSpace/Rest7Contract/pull/45
- Delayed. General agreement (in meeting on March 21, 2019) that storing HTML in metadata fields is not really ideal behavior. Metadata (from a librarian standpoint) tends to be free of format-related markup (as that allows for easier sharing, understanding of metadata. Currently Community & Collection homepage information is HTML-based and is stored in metadata that is appropriate for a minor subset of information (like the title) but it is better to move large/rich text to bitstreams.
- Proposal here is to consider storing HTML-based markup (for Site, Community & Collection homepages) in Bitstream(s) associated with the object in question. May allow for more CMS-lite behavior in the future
- Timeline for this is uncertain. Possibly in 7 or 8. May depend on how/whether it can be scoped.
- (Angular Bug) https://github.com/DSpace/dspace-angular/issues/368 ( Art Lowel (Atmire) )
- Concurrency in DSpace 7 (or 8). What do we want to do when multiple editors are editing the same object? Needs further analysis regarding implementation details
- We've decided (in meeting on March 7, 2019) to use ETags to implement concurrency. REST Contract notes on ETags: https://github.com/DSpace/Rest7Contract#etags--conditional-headers
- ETags only update of the two fields match. If someone edits first, your edit would fail and you would get a fail response (422?)
- ETags seems to have broader support in other REST APIs. Recommended also by both Art and Andrea.