Meeting time has changed to 14:00 UTC
Because of Daylight Saving Time (DST) throughout the world, we have changed the meeting time to 14:00-15:00 UTC (one hour earlier than last week). For those just entering DST, this will be the same local time as last week. For those who entered DST earlier in March, this means the meeting will be one hour earlier.
from 14:00-15:00 UTC
Location: https://lyrasis.zoom.us/my/dspace (Meeting ID: 502 527 3040).
- More connection options available at DSpace Meeting Room
Beta 2 Finish Sprint : March 30-April 10
- Finish up Beta 2 tasks & release 7.0beta2
- Additional work on Beta3 tasks
(15 mins) Developer Stand Up - Developers give brief updates on their effort (or their team's effort).
- Update/see "Current Work" section below based on your status. Please feel free to update prior to meeting.
- Please highlight any new work (needing reviews/testing), any blockers (for you), and any discussion topics you may have.
- (25 mins) General Discussion Topics
- (If needed) Discussion of Authorization for Downloads: https://github.com/DSpace/dspace-angular/issues/631
- (20 mins) Planning for next week
- Claim tasks for next week from DSpace 7 Release Plan spreadsheet
- Assigning PRs for Review
- Mark H. Wood
- Giuseppe Digilio (4Science)
- Ben Bosman
- Chris Wilper
- Paulo Graça
7.0 Release Goals
These resources define the prioritization and general schedule we are working towards
- DSpace 7 Release Goals : overview of goals/timelines & beta release process
- DSpace 7 Release Plan spreadsheet: our planning spreadsheet which details which features are scheduled for each Beta release.
Claim a Ticket!
If you do not have access in JIRA or GitHub to officially claim the ticket you wish to work on, contact Tim Donohue
- Available Angular UI Tickets
- Available REST API Tickets
- Unassigned tickets scheduled for 7.0beta2 (highest priority)
- Unassigned tickets scheduled for 7.0beta3 (second highest priority)
- General REST API tickets flagged as "low hanging fruit". These may be a good starting point for newer developers.
- General REST API unassigned bug tickets. Again, might be a good starting point for newer developers.
PRs Needing Review
- (REST Contract) related to the scripts & processes PR above (related to PR 2648 below) https://github.com/DSpace/Rest7Contract/pull/99 (NEEDS UPDATES FROM KEVIN) (Andrea Bollini (4Science) - REVIEWED, Tim Donohue )
- (NEW) (REST Contract) (beta 3) New User Registration & Forgot password https://github.com/DSpace/Rest7Contract/pull/117 (WORK STARTS NEXT WEEK) (Andrea Bollini (4Science), Tim Donohue)
- (NEW) (REST Contract) Remove unnecessary exception in license PATCH https://github.com/DSpace/Rest7Contract/pull/118 ( Andrea Bollini (4Science) NEEDS REVIEWERS, Tim Donohue)
- (REST) (beta4) Scripts & processes: importing and exporting csv's https://github.com/DSpace/DSpace/pull/2648 (WAITING ON PR UPDATES FROM KEVIN) (Andrea Bollini (4Science) - REVIEWED, Tim Donohue - added summary of way forward Mark H. Wood )
- (REST) (tentative 7.1) [DS-4281]: Metadata suggestions in the live import https://github.com/DSpace/DSpace/pull/2712 (Tim Donohue - REVIEW BY April 9, Andrea Bollini (4Science) - REVIEW BY April 9 if possible)
- (NEW) (REST) (beta 2) REST API should respect "metadata.hide" configurations https://github.com/DSpace/DSpace/pull/2719 (Possibly one approval) (Tim Donohue - REREVIEW, Andrea Bollini (4Science))
- (NEW) (REST) (beta 2) Edit Community/Collection - Assign Roles/Groups https://github.com/DSpace/DSpace/pull/2722 (Tim Donohue - REREVIEW, Andrea Bollini (4Science), Ben Bosman )
- (NEW) (REST) (beta 2) Group/EPerson management: Delete, retrieve parent object & patch support https://github.com/DSpace/DSpace/pull/2723 (NEEDS UPDATES) (Tim Donohue - early feedback added, Andrea Bollini (4Science))
- (NEW) (REST) (beta 2) Subresources should obey access restrictions https://github.com/DSpace/DSpace/pull/2726 (Possibly one approval) (Tim Donohue - REVIEW, Andrea Bollini (4Science))
- (NEW) (REST) (beta 3) Administer Workflow (Abort WorkflowItem, Delete WorkflowItem) https://github.com/DSpace/DSpace/pull/2727 (Tim Donohue, Andrea Bollini (4Science))
- (Angular) (beta 2) Edit Item Bitstreams Tab https://github.com/DSpace/dspace-angular/pull/577 (MERGE, BUT CREATE TICKET) ( Tim Donohue , Giuseppe Digilio (4Science) - REVIEW, Ben Bosman)
- (Angular) (beta 2) Ensure workflow members can only perform actions assigned https://github.com/DSpace/dspace-angular/pull/608 (MERGE) (Giuseppe Digilio (4Science) - REVIEW, Tim Donohue, Art Lowel (Atmire) )
- (Angular) (beta2) Manage Groups https://github.com/DSpace/dspace-angular/pull/613 (Tim Donohue - Some bugs reported, but mostly works, Art Lowel (Atmire) , Craig Rosenbeck)
- (NEW) (Angular) (beta2) Edit Community - Assign Roles/Groups (DEPENDS on PR#613 above) https://github.com/DSpace/dspace-angular/pull/632 (Possibly one approval) (Tim Donohue, Art Lowel (Atmire)
- (NEW) (Angular) (beta2) Edit Collection - Assign Roles/Groups (DEPENDS on PR#613 above) (PR Coming Soon) (Tim Donohue , Art Lowel (Atmire) )
- (NEW) (Angular) (beta3) Scripts & Processes Admin UI https://github.com/DSpace/dspace-angular/pull/636 (Tim Donohue, Giuseppe Digilio (4Science), Craig Rosenbeck)
- (Angular) (EARLY beta3) Switch to Angular CLI https://github.com/DSpace/dspace-angular/pull/625 (Tim Donohue, Giuseppe Digilio (4Science))
- (Backend) DS-626 : Exchange usage data with IRUS https://github.com/DSpace/DSpace/pull/2664 (NEEDS REVIEWERS)
- (Backend) (tentative 7.2) DS-4440 GDPR - Anonymize Statistics Feature: https://github.com/DSpace/DSpace/pull/2692 (Andrea Bollini (4Science), Ben Bosman, Tim Donohue)
- (Backend / Security) (EARLY beta3) Upgrade Spring Boot, Spring & Spring HATEOAS: https://github.com/DSpace/DSpace/pull/2720 (Andrea Bollini (4Science), Craig Rosenbeck)
PRs Coming Soon
- (Angular) (beta2) Edit resource policies (ETA 3rd April) Giuseppe Digilio (4Science)
- (REST) beta2 Authorization as someone with admin right IT (ETA 3rd April) Mykhaylo Boychuk
PRs Merged this week!
- (Backend) GitHub Pull Request Template: https://github.com/DSpace/DSpace/pull/2721 1 APPROVAL
- (REST) DS-4411 Create Integration Tests to prove newly created users have no special rights; https://github.com/DSpace/DSpace/pull/2716 1 APPROVAL
- (REST Contract) CC License https://github.com/DSpace/Rest7Contract/pull/110
- (REST) Shibboleth authentication https://github.com/DSpace/DSpace/pull/2651
- (REST) DS-4122 Create Integration Tests to prove access restricted Communities/Collections cannot be accessed anonymously https://github.com/DSpace/DSpace/pull/2707
- (REST) (bugfix) refactoring max file size https://github.com/DSpace/DSpace/pull/2729
- (Angular) Shibboleth authentication (merge with REST PR #2651) https://github.com/DSpace/dspace-angular/pull/568
- (NEW) (Angular) (bugfix) Broken create community https://github.com/DSpace/dspace-angular/pull/640
- (Blocked PRs go here)
Delayed / Needs Discussion
- Managing Authorization info in Angular UI : How to pass Authorization rights (i.e. logged in user's access rights) from REST API to Angular? See for example: https://github.com/DSpace/dspace-angular/issues/393
- In July 25 meeting, we noted this probably cannot be resolved with just one simple solution. May need to look at different options for different scenarios
- Work is ongoing, but has been started in these areas:
- Initial Performance Testing from Chris.
- (REST Contract) Edit Homepage News: https://github.com/DSpace/Rest7Contract/pull/45
- Delayed. General agreement (in meeting on March 21, 2019) that storing HTML in metadata fields is not really ideal behavior. Metadata (from a librarian standpoint) tends to be free of format-related markup (as that allows for easier sharing, understanding of metadata. Currently Community & Collection homepage information is HTML-based and is stored in metadata that is appropriate for a minor subset of information (like the title) but it is better to move large/rich text to bitstreams.
- Proposal here is to consider storing HTML-based markup (for Site, Community & Collection homepages) in Bitstream(s) associated with the object in question. May allow for more CMS-lite behavior in the future
- Timeline for this is uncertain. Possibly in 7 or 8. May depend on how/whether it can be scoped.
- (Angular Bug) https://github.com/DSpace/dspace-angular/issues/368 ( Art Lowel (Atmire) )
- Concurrency in DSpace 7 (or 8). What do we want to do when multiple editors are editing the same object? Needs further analysis regarding implementation details
- We've decided (in meeting on March 7, 2019) to use ETags to implement concurrency. REST Contract notes on ETags: https://github.com/DSpace/Rest7Contract#etags--conditional-headers
- ETags only update of the two fields match. If someone edits first, your edit would fail and you would get a fail response (422?)
- ETags seems to have broader support in other REST APIs. Recommended also by both Art and Andrea.