Daylight Saving Time began on March 8 for parts of USA
Daylight Saving Time (DST) starts in parts of the USA on March 8, but starts in Europe on March 29. Because DST begins on different days in different parts of the world, this meeting time will change (temporarily) for anyone who experiences DST earlier.
The meeting will remain at 15:00-16:00 UTC through March, but this will now be one hour later for anywhere under DST.
As of April 2, once everyone is in DST, the meeting time will switch to 14:00-15:00 UTC (one hour earlier), in order to move it back into the normal timeslot for everyone.
from 15:00-16:00 UTC
Location: https://lyrasis.zoom.us/my/dspace (Meeting ID: 502 527 3040).
- More connection options available at DSpace Meeting Room
Beta 2 & 3 Sprint : March 2-13
(15 mins) Developer Stand Up - Developers give brief updates on their effort (or their team's effort).
- Update/see "Current Work" section below based on your status. Please feel free to update prior to meeting.
- Please highlight any new work (needing reviews/testing), any blockers (for you), and any discussion topics you may have.
- (25 mins) General Discussion Topics
- Discussion of way forward for Scripts & Processes PR #2648
- See this comment: https://github.com/DSpace/DSpace/pull/2648#issuecomment-596719319
- Login-as using WWW-Authenticate https://github.com/DSpace/Rest7Contract/pull/109
- CC License https://github.com/DSpace/Rest7Contract/pull/110
- (Please add a topic)
- Discussion of way forward for Scripts & Processes PR #2648
- (20 mins) Planning for next week
- Claim tasks for next week from DSpace 7 Release Plan spreadsheet
- Assigning PRs for Review
- Mark H. Wood
- Giuseppe Digilio (4Science)
- Ben Bosman
- Chris Wilper
- Paulo Graça
7.0 Release Goals
These resources define the prioritization and general schedule we are working towards
- DSpace 7 Release Goals : overview of goals/timelines & beta release process
- DSpace 7 Release Plan spreadsheet: our planning spreadsheet which details which features are scheduled for each Beta release.
Claim a Ticket!
If you do not have access in JIRA or GitHub to officially claim the ticket you wish to work on, contact Tim Donohue
- Available Angular UI Tickets
- Available REST API Tickets
- Unassigned tickets scheduled for 7.0beta2 (highest priority)
- Unassigned tickets scheduled for 7.0beta3 (second highest priority)
- General REST API tickets flagged as "low hanging fruit". These may be a good starting point for newer developers.
- General REST API unassigned bug tickets. Again, might be a good starting point for newer developers.
PRs Needing Review
- (REST Contract) related to the scripts & processes PR above (related to PR 2648 below) https://github.com/DSpace/Rest7Contract/pull/99 (Andrea Bollini (4Science) - REVIEWED, Tim Donohue )
- (NEW) (REST Contract) Login-as using WWW-Authenticate https://github.com/DSpace/Rest7Contract/pull/109 (Andrea Bollini (4Science) initial feedback - NEEDS SECOND REVIEWERS)
- (NEW) (REST Contract) CC License https://github.com/DSpace/Rest7Contract/pull/110 (Andrea Bollini (4Science) - REVIEWED, NEEDS SECOND REVIEWER)
- (REST) (beta4) Scripts & processes: importing and exporting csv's https://github.com/DSpace/DSpace/pull/2648 (WAITING ON PR UPDATES) (Andrea Bollini (4Science) - REVIEWED, Tim Donohue - added summary of way forward Mark H. Wood )
- (REST) Shibboleth authentication https://github.com/DSpace/DSpace/pull/2651 (Paulo Graça - REREVIEW, Ben Bosman - minor comments/suggestions)
- (REST) DS-4043 Revisit security layer of submission https://github.com/DSpace/DSpace/pull/2675 (Tim Donohue - minor comments/suggestions, Ben Bosman minor comments/suggestions)
- (REST) Initial implementation of the authorizations endpoints https://github.com/DSpace/DSpace/pull/2663 (Ben Bosman - minor comments/suggestions, Tim Donohue - feedback added, bugs found)
- (REST) Read only versioning endpoints https://github.com/DSpace/DSpace/pull/2680 1 APPROVAL (Tim Donohue - tested & it works. Minor feedback added. OTHER REVIEWERS WELCOME)
- (REST) (HIGH PRIORITY) Manage Groups - https://github.com/DSpace/DSpace/pull/2686 - DS-4026 1 APPROVAL(Tim Donohue - feedback provided, waiting to retest)
- (REST) DS-4278: Fix bug where submitters can edit all metadata : https://github.com/DSpace/DSpace/pull/2689 (MERGE ONCE TRAVIS APPROVES) 1 APPROVAL( Tim Donohue)
- (NEW) (REST) DS-4122 Create Integration Tests to prove access restricted Communities/Collections cannot be accessed anonymously https://github.com/DSpace/DSpace/pull/2707 (Tim Donohue, Ben Bosman )
- (NEW) (REST) [DS-4281]: Metadata suggestions in the live import https://github.com/DSpace/DSpace/pull/2712 (Tim Donohue, Andrea Bollini (4Science))
- (Angular) Shibboleth authentication (merge with REST PR #2651) https://github.com/DSpace/dspace-angular/pull/568 (Paulo Graça, Ben Bosman minor comments/suggestions)
- (Angular) (beta 2) Edit Item Bitstreams Tab https://github.com/DSpace/dspace-angular/pull/577(Tim Donohue Reported errors & feedback on code, Giuseppe Digilio (4Science))
- (Angular) (beta 2) List versions - https://github.com/DSpace/dspace-angular/pull/585 - (Tim Donohue - Reported built errors, NEEDS SECOND REVIEWER)
- (Angular) (beta 2) Notice regarding the availability of new version on item pages: https://github.com/DSpace/dspace-angular/pull/595 - (Tim Donohue - Reported built errors, NEEDS SECOND REVIEWER)
- (Angular) (beta 2) Manage EPeople https://github.com/DSpace/dspace-angular/pull/609 (depends on #2686) (Tim Donohue - Missing specs and a few minor bugs, Ben Bosman minor comments/suggestions)
- (Angular)(beta 3) Ensure workflow members can only perform actions assigned https://github.com/DSpace/dspace-angular/pull/608 (CODE CONFLICTS) (Giuseppe Digilio (4Science), Tim Donohue, Art Lowel (Atmire))
- (NEW) (Angular) Cache behavior for unknown type https://github.com/DSpace/dspace-angular/pull/611 1 APPROVAL(Tim Donohue)
- (NEW) (Angular) (beta2) Manage Groups https://github.com/DSpace/dspace-angular/pull/613 (Tim Donohue, NEEDS SECOND REVIEWER)
- (NEW) (Angular) (beta3) Administrative Search (depends on PR 2706) https://github.com/DSpace/dspace-angular/pull/615 (Ben Bosman, Tim Donohue)
- (Backend) DS-626 : Exchange usage data with IRUS https://github.com/DSpace/DSpace/pull/2664 (NEEDS REVIEWERS)
- (Backend) (beta 3) Discovery index for private and withdrawn items ( https://github.com/DSpace/DSpace/pull/2706 ( Andrea Bollini (4Science) , Tim Donohue )
- (Backend) (tentative 7.2) DS-4440 GDPR - Anonymize Statistics Feature: https://github.com/DSpace/DSpace/pull/2692 (Andrea Bollini (4Science), Ben Bosman, Tim Donohue)
- (NEW) (Backend) Upgrade to Checkstyle v8.30 (Security Fix) : https://github.com/DSpace/DSpace/pull/2711 (Andrea Bollini (4Science), NEEDS SECOND REVIEWER)
PRs Coming Soon
- DS-4411 https://github.com/Micheleboychuk/DSpace/tree/DS-4411-newlyCreatedUsersHaveNoSpecialRights (+ analysis: list of existing test method by endpoint that verify such aspect ). ETA 16/3 - should be reviewed soon as the analysis will become quickly "old"
PRs Merged this week!
- (REST Contract) Projections embedding (related to PR 2670 below) https://github.com/DSpace/Rest7Contract/pull/106
- (REST Contract) Administer Workflow https://github.com/DSpace/Rest7Contract/pull/108
- (REST Contract) Group/EPerson management continued https://github.com/DSpace/Rest7Contract/pull/107
- (REST) Select specific embeds: https://github.com/DSpace/DSpace/pull/2670 1 APPROVAL
- (REST) (beta 3) Expose the action as an embed on claimedtasks https://github.com/DSpace/DSpace/pull/2701 1 APPROVAL
- (REST) (beta 3) Workflow step definitions: action validation https://github.com/DSpace/DSpace/pull/2685
- (Angular) (beta 2) Specify Embeds (merge with REST PR #2670) - https://github.com/DSpace/dspace-angular/pull/588 - 1 APPROVAL
- (Angular) Bug fix: Disregard embeds when checking request index: https://github.com/DSpace/dspace-angular/pull/616
- (Blocked PRs go here)
Delayed / Needs Discussion
- Managing Authorization info in Angular UI : How to pass Authorization rights (i.e. logged in user's access rights) from REST API to Angular? See for example: https://github.com/DSpace/dspace-angular/issues/393
- In July 25 meeting, we noted this probably cannot be resolved with just one simple solution. May need to look at different options for different scenarios
- Work is ongoing, but has been started in these areas:
- Initial Performance Testing from Chris.
- (REST Contract) Edit Homepage News: https://github.com/DSpace/Rest7Contract/pull/45
- Delayed. General agreement (in meeting on March 21, 2019) that storing HTML in metadata fields is not really ideal behavior. Metadata (from a librarian standpoint) tends to be free of format-related markup (as that allows for easier sharing, understanding of metadata. Currently Community & Collection homepage information is HTML-based and is stored in metadata that is appropriate for a minor subset of information (like the title) but it is better to move large/rich text to bitstreams.
- Proposal here is to consider storing HTML-based markup (for Site, Community & Collection homepages) in Bitstream(s) associated with the object in question. May allow for more CMS-lite behavior in the future
- Timeline for this is uncertain. Possibly in 7 or 8. May depend on how/whether it can be scoped.
- (Angular Bug) https://github.com/DSpace/dspace-angular/issues/368 ( Art Lowel (Atmire) )
- Concurrency in DSpace 7 (or 8). What do we want to do when multiple editors are editing the same object? Needs further analysis regarding implementation details
- We've decided (in meeting on March 7, 2019) to use ETags to implement concurrency. REST Contract notes on ETags: https://github.com/DSpace/Rest7Contract#etags--conditional-headers
- ETags only update of the two fields match. If someone edits first, your edit would fail and you would get a fail response (422?)
- ETags seems to have broader support in other REST APIs. Recommended also by both Art and Andrea.