Daylight Saving Time begins on March 8 for parts of USA
Daylight Saving Time (DST) starts in parts of the USA on March 8, but starts in Europe on March 29. Because DST begins on different days in different parts of the world, this meeting time will change (temporarily) for anyone who experiences DST earlier.
The meeting will remain at 15:00-16:00 UTC through March, but this will now be one hour later for anywhere under DST.
As of April 2, once everyone is in DST, the meeting time will switch to 14:00-15:00 UTC (one hour earlier), in order to move it back into the normal timeslot for everyone.
from 15:00-16:00 UTC
Location: https://lyrasis.zoom.us/my/dspace (Meeting ID: 502 527 3040).
- More connection options available at DSpace Meeting Room
Beta 2 & 3 Sprint : March 2-13
(15 mins) Developer Stand Up - Developers give brief updates on their effort (or their team's effort).
- Update/see "Current Work" section below based on your status. Please feel free to update prior to meeting.
- Please highlight any new work (needing reviews/testing), any blockers (for you), and any discussion topics you may have.
- (25 mins) General Discussion Topics
- Revisiting Tim's questions about changing types in all REST API responses to "core.item" (and similar) instead of "item".
- Revisiting Scripts & Processes endpoint PR#2648: concerns about usage of Bitstreams for temporary files (like uploaded CSVs, SAF Zips, AIPs, etc)
- See also discussion notes from Feb 6
- (Please add a topic)
- (20 mins) Planning for next week
- Claim tasks for next week from DSpace 7 Release Plan spreadsheet
- Assigning PRs for Review
- Mark H. Wood
- Giuseppe Digilio (4Science)
- Ben Bosman
- Chris Wilper
- Paulo Graça
7.0 Release Goals
These resources define the prioritization and general schedule we are working towards
- DSpace 7 Release Goals : overview of goals/timelines & beta release process
- DSpace 7 Release Plan spreadsheet: our planning spreadsheet which details which features are scheduled for each Beta release.
Claim a Ticket!
If you do not have access in JIRA or GitHub to officially claim the ticket you wish to work on, contact Tim Donohue
- Available Angular UI Tickets
- Available REST API Tickets
- Unassigned tickets scheduled for 7.0beta2 (highest priority)
- Unassigned tickets scheduled for 7.0beta3 (second highest priority)
- General REST API tickets flagged as "low hanging fruit". These may be a good starting point for newer developers.
- General REST API unassigned bug tickets. Again, might be a good starting point for newer developers.
PRs Needing Review
- (NEW) (REST Contract) Projections embedding (related to PR 2670 below) https://github.com/DSpace/Rest7Contract/pull/106 (Tim Donohue, Andrea Bollini (4Science)?)
- (NEW) (REST Contract) (HIGH PRIORITY) Group/EPerson management continued https://github.com/DSpace/Rest7Contract/pull/107 (Tim Donohue, Andrea Bollini (4Science)?)
- (NEW) (REST Contract) Administer Workflow https://github.com/DSpace/Rest7Contract/pull/108 (Tim Donohue, Andrea Bollini (4Science)?)
- (REST Contract) related to the scripts & processes PR above (related to PR 2648 below) https://github.com/DSpace/Rest7Contract/pull/99 (Andrea Bollini (4Science) - REVIEWED, Tim Donohue )
- (REST) Select specific embeds: https://github.com/DSpace/DSpace/pull/2670 (Maybe one approval) (Tim Donohue - added feedback), Ben Bosman)
- (REST) (beta4) Scripts & processes: importing and exporting csv's https://github.com/DSpace/DSpace/pull/2648 (Andrea Bollini (4Science) - REVIEWED, Tim Donohue - REVIEW Comments, Mark H. Wood )
- (REST) Shibboleth authentication https://github.com/DSpace/DSpace/pull/2651 (Paulo Graça - REREVIEW, Ben Bosman - REREVIEW)
- (REST) DS-4043 Revisit security layer of submission https://github.com/DSpace/DSpace/pull/2675 (Tim Donohue, Ben Bosman )
- (REST) Initial implementation of the authorizations endpoints https://github.com/DSpace/DSpace/pull/2663 (Ben Bosman - REVIEWED, Tim Donohue - feedback added, bugs found)
- (REST) Read only versioning endpoints https://github.com/DSpace/DSpace/pull/2680 1 APPROVAL (Tim Donohue, OTHER REVIEWERS WELCOME)
- (REST) (beta 3) Workflow step definitions: action validation https://github.com/DSpace/DSpace/pull/2685 (Tim Donohue, Ben Bosman, Andrea Bollini (4Science))
- (REST) (HIGH PRIORITY) Manage Groups - https://github.com/DSpace/DSpace/pull/2686 - DS-4026 (Tim Donohue, Andrea Bollini (4Science) if needed)
- (REST) DS-4278: Fix bug where submitters can edit all metadata : https://github.com/DSpace/DSpace/pull/2689 (MERGE CONFLICT) 1 APPROVAL(Tim Donohue)
- (NEW) (beta 3) Expose the action as an embed on claimedtasks https://github.com/DSpace/DSpace/pull/2701 1 APPROVAL (Tim Donohue )
- (Angular) Shibboleth authentication (merge with REST PR #2651) https://github.com/DSpace/dspace-angular/pull/568 (Paulo Graça, Ben Bosman)
- (Angular) (beta 2) Edit Item Bitstreams Tab https://github.com/DSpace/dspace-angular/pull/577 (NEEDS REBASE) (Tim Donohue, Giuseppe Digilio (4Science))
- (Angular) (beta 2) List versions - https://github.com/DSpace/dspace-angular/pull/585 - (Tim Donohue, NEEDS SECOND REVIEWER)
- (Angular) (beta 2) Specify Embeds (merge with REST PR #2670) - https://github.com/DSpace/dspace-angular/pull/588 - 1 APPROVAL(Tim Donohue)
- (Angular) (beta 2) Notice regarding the availability of new version on item pages: https://github.com/DSpace/dspace-angular/pull/595 - (Tim Donohue, NEEDS SECOND REVIEWER)
- (NEW) (Angular) (beta 2) Manage EPeople https://github.com/DSpace/dspace-angular/pull/609 (depends on #2686) (Tim Donohue, Ben Bosman)
- (NEW) (beta 3) Ensure workflow members can only perform actions assigned (dependent on PR 2701) https://github.com/DSpace/dspace-angular/pull/608 (Giuseppe Digilio (4Science), Tim Donohue, Art Lowel (Atmire))
- (Backend) DS-626 : Exchange usage data with IRUS https://github.com/DSpace/DSpace/pull/2664 ( NEEDS REVIEWERS)
PRs Coming Soon
- - DS-4122Getting issue details... STATUS Create Integration Tests to prove access restricted Communities/Collections cannot be accessed anonymously
- (Angular) (beta2) Manage Groups ETA March 9th
- (Angular) (beta3) Administrative Search ETA March 12th
PRs Merged this week!
- (REST) Respect client-provided projections for non-GETS: https://github.com/DSpace/DSpace/pull/2684 1 APPROVAL
- (Angular) Submission bug fix: https://github.com/DSpace/dspace-angular/pull/5971 APPROVAL
- (REST) Breadcrumbs in header https://github.com/DSpace/DSpace/pull/2673 1 APPROVAL
- (Angular) (beta 1) Breadcrumbs: https://github.com/DSpace/dspace-angular/pull/591
- (Angular) Login name fixes & Submission required fields: https://github.com/DSpace/dspace-angular/pull/602
- (Angular) Allow optional HALLinks: https://github.com/DSpace/dspace-angular/pull/607
- (Angular) MyDSpace ClaimedTasks link resolving fixes: https://github.com/DSpace/dspace-angular/pull/606
- (REST Contract) Link to workflow steps and actions https://github.com/DSpace/Rest7Contract/pull/104 1 APPROVAL
- (REST Contract) Edit Community/Collection - Assign Roles/Groups https://github.com/DSpace/Rest7Contract/pull/105
- (REST) DS-4123 : (High priority because of dependencies) Create Integration Tests to prove access restricted Items cannot be accessed anonymously https://github.com/DSpace/DSpace/pull/2687 1 APPROVAL
- (REST) DS-4124 : Create Integration Tests to prove access restricted Bitstreams cannot be accessed anonymously https://github.com/DSpace/DSpace/pull/2688 - 1 APPROVAL
- (REST) DS-4418 remove uuid from resource policy rest https://github.com/DSpace/DSpace/pull/2665 1 APPROVAL
- (Blocked PRs go here)
Delayed / Needs Discussion
- Managing Authorization info in Angular UI : How to pass Authorization rights (i.e. logged in user's access rights) from REST API to Angular? See for example: https://github.com/DSpace/dspace-angular/issues/393
- In July 25 meeting, we noted this probably cannot be resolved with just one simple solution. May need to look at different options for different scenarios
- Work is ongoing, but has been started in these areas:
- Initial Performance Testing from Chris.
- (REST Contract) Edit Homepage News: https://github.com/DSpace/Rest7Contract/pull/45
- Delayed. General agreement (in meeting on March 21, 2019) that storing HTML in metadata fields is not really ideal behavior. Metadata (from a librarian standpoint) tends to be free of format-related markup (as that allows for easier sharing, understanding of metadata. Currently Community & Collection homepage information is HTML-based and is stored in metadata that is appropriate for a minor subset of information (like the title) but it is better to move large/rich text to bitstreams.
- Proposal here is to consider storing HTML-based markup (for Site, Community & Collection homepages) in Bitstream(s) associated with the object in question. May allow for more CMS-lite behavior in the future
- Timeline for this is uncertain. Possibly in 7 or 8. May depend on how/whether it can be scoped.
- (Angular Bug) https://github.com/DSpace/dspace-angular/issues/368 ( Art Lowel (Atmire) )
- Concurrency in DSpace 7 (or 8). What do we want to do when multiple editors are editing the same object? Needs further analysis regarding implementation details
- We've decided (in meeting on March 7, 2019) to use ETags to implement concurrency. REST Contract notes on ETags: https://github.com/DSpace/Rest7Contract#etags--conditional-headers
- ETags only update of the two fields match. If someone edits first, your edit would fail and you would get a fail response (422?)
- ETags seems to have broader support in other REST APIs. Recommended also by both Art and Andrea.