from 15:00-16:00 UTC
Location: https://lyrasis.zoom.us/my/dspace (Meeting ID: 502 527 3040).
- More connection options available at DSpace Meeting Room
Beta 1 & 2 Sprint : Feb 17-28
- Finish Beta1 tasks in DSpace 7 Release Plan spreadsheet. Goal is to have Beta1 released week of Feb 24.
- Continuing work on Beta2 tasks (especially those with many dependencies)
(15 mins) Developer Stand Up - Developers give brief updates on their effort (or their team's effort).
- Update/see "Current Work" section below based on your status. Please feel free to update prior to meeting.
- Please highlight any new work (needing reviews/testing), any blockers (for you), and any discussion topics you may have.
- (25 mins) General Discussion Topics
- (20 mins) Planning for next week
- Claim tasks for next week from DSpace 7 Release Plan spreadsheet
- Assigning PRs for Review
- Mark H. Wood
- Giuseppe Digilio (4Science)
- Ben Bosman
- Chris Wilper
- Paulo Graça
7.0 Release Goals
These resources define the prioritization and general schedule we are working towards
- DSpace 7 Release Goals : overview of goals/timelines & beta release process
- DSpace 7 Release Plan spreadsheet: our planning spreadsheet which details which features are scheduled for each Beta release.
Claim a Ticket!
If you do not have access in JIRA or GitHub to officially claim the ticket you wish to work on, contact Tim Donohue
- Available Angular UI Tickets
- Available REST API Tickets
- Unassigned tickets scheduled for 7.0beta1 (highest priority)
- Unassigned tickets scheduled for 7.0beta2 (second highest priority)
- General REST API tickets flagged as "low hanging fruit". These may be a good starting point for newer developers.
- General REST API unassigned bug tickets. Again, might be a good starting point for newer developers.
PRs Needing Review
- (NEW) (REST Contract) (beta3 - but dev starts next week) Link to workflow steps and actions https://github.com/DSpace/Rest7Contract/pull/104 1 APPROVAL(Tim Donohue)
- (NEW) (REST Contract) (beta2 - but dev starts next week) Edit Community/Collection - Assign Roles/Groups https://github.com/DSpace/Rest7Contract/pull/105 (Tim Donohue, Andrea Bollini (4Science))
- (REST) (beta2) Select specific embeds: https://github.com/DSpace/DSpace/pull/2670 (WAITING ON AN UPDATE) (Tim Donohue, Ben Bosman)
- (REST) Scripts & processes: importing and exporting csv's https://github.com/DSpace/DSpace/pull/2648 (Andrea Bollini (4Science) - REVIEWED, Tim Donohue - REVIEW Comments, Mark H. Wood )
- (REST Contract) related to the scripts & processes PR above https://github.com/DSpace/Rest7Contract/pull/99 (Andrea Bollini (4Science) - REVIEWED, Tim Donohue )
- (REST) Shibboleth authentication https://github.com/DSpace/DSpace/pull/2651 (Paulo Graça - REREVIEW, Ben Bosman - REREVIEW)
- (REST) (CLOSE PR) Edit Item - Manage Bitstreams https://github.com/DSpace/DSpace/pull/2666 1 APPROVAL (Tim Donohue, Andrea Bollini (4Science) - reported some minor issues)
- (REST) DS-4418 remove uuid from resource policy rest https://github.com/DSpace/DSpace/pull/2665 1 APPROVAL(Tim Donohue - minor feedback, almost ready to merge)
- (REST) DS-4043 Revisit security layer of submission (depend on the DS-4418) https://github.com/DSpace/DSpace/pull/2675 (Tim Donohue, OTHER REVIEWERS WELCOME)
- (REST) Initial implementation of the authorizations endpoints https://github.com/DSpace/DSpace/pull/2663 (Ben Bosman - REVIEWED, Tim Donohue - feedback added, bugs found)
- (REST) Breadcrumbs in header https://github.com/DSpace/DSpace/pull/2673 1 APPROVAL( Tim Donohue, Andrea Bollini (4Science) - changes requested)
- (REST) Read only versioning endpoints https://github.com/DSpace/DSpace/pull/2680 1 APPROVAL (Tim Donohue, OTHER REVIEWERS WELCOME)
- (REST) Workflow step definitions: action validation https://github.com/DSpace/DSpace/pull/2685 (Tim Donohue, Ben Bosman, Andrea Bollini (4Science))
- (REST) (beta 2 - has upcoming dependencies) Manage Groups - https://github.com/DSpace/DSpace/pull/2686 - DS-4026 (Tim Donohue, Andrea Bollini (4Science) if needed)
- (REST) DS-4123 : (High priority because of dependencies) Create Integration Tests to prove access restricted Items cannot be accessed anonymously https://github.com/DSpace/DSpace/pull/2687 - 1 APPROVAL (Tim Donohue - added feedback, Ben Bosman if needed)
- (REST) DS-4124 : Create Integration Tests to prove access restricted Bitstreams cannot be accessed anonymously https://github.com/DSpace/DSpace/pull/2688 - 1 APPROVAL (Tim Donohue - added feedback, Ben Bosman if needed)
- (NEW) (REST) DS-4278: Fix bug where submitters can edit all metadata : https://github.com/DSpace/DSpace/pull/2689 1 APPROVAL(Tim Donohue)
- (NEW) (REST) Respect client-provided projections for non-GETS: https://github.com/DSpace/DSpace/pull/2684 1 APPROVAL(Tim Donohue)
- (Angular) Shibboleth authentication (merge with REST PR #2651) https://github.com/DSpace/dspace-angular/pull/568 (Paulo Graça, Ben Bosman)
- (Angular) (beta 2) Edit Item Bitstreams Tab https://github.com/DSpace/dspace-angular/pull/577 (NEEDS REBASE) (Tim Donohue, Giuseppe Digilio (4Science))
- (NEW) (Angular) (beta 2) List versions - https://github.com/DSpace/dspace-angular/pull/585 - (Tim Donohue, NEEDS SECOND REVIEWER)
- (NEW) (Angular) (beta 2) Specify Embeds (merge with REST PR #2670) - https://github.com/DSpace/dspace-angular/pull/588 - 1 APPROVAL(Tim Donohue)
- (NEW)(Angular) (beta 1) Breadcrumbs: https://github.com/DSpace/dspace-angular/pull/591 - (Tim Donohue, Giuseppe Digilio (4Science)reviewed and added feedback)
- (NEW)(Angular) (beta 1) MyDSpace ClaimedTask link resolving fixes: https://github.com/DSpace/dspace-angular/pull/594 - (Tim Donohue, Giuseppe Digilio (4Science))
- (NEW)(Angular) (beta 2) Notice regarding the availability of new version on item pages: https://github.com/DSpace/dspace-angular/pull/595 - (Tim Donohue, NEEDS SECOND REVIEWER)
- (NEW) Angular Submission bug fix: https://github.com/DSpace/dspace-angular/pull/5971 APPROVAL(Tim Donohue, Paulo Graça )
- (Backend) DS-626 : Exchange usage data with IRUS https://github.com/DSpace/DSpace/pull/2664 ( NEEDS REVIEWERS)
PRs Coming Soon
- - DS-4122Getting issue details... STATUS Create Integration Tests to prove access restricted Communities/Collections cannot be accessed anonymously
PRs Merged this week!
- (REST Contract) Update Projections contract to align with impl: https://github.com/DSpace/Rest7Contract/pull/94
- (REST Contract) Fix REST contracts to report 400 response for param exceptions (related to REST PR#2668 below): https://github.com/DSpace/Rest7Contract/pull/102
- (REST) DS-4428 missing parameter exception https://github.com/DSpace/DSpace/pull/2668 1 APPROVAL
- (REST) (beta 2 but dependencies) Workflow step definitions https://github.com/DSpace/DSpace/pull/2646
- (Angular) Fix angulartics router bug https://github.com/DSpace/dspace-angular/pull/580
- (Angular) Angular 8 Upgrade https://github.com/DSpace/dspace-angular/pull/579
- (Angular) Only resolve links when needed (Performance improvement work) https://github.com/DSpace/dspace-angular/pull/578
- (Backend) DS-4434: Fix Context.commit() / isValid() and add Tests https://github.com/DSpace/DSpace/pull/2674
- (Backend) Fix errorprone test warnings after Java 11 upgrade: https://github.com/DSpace/DSpace/pull/2669 1 APPROVAL
- (Blocked PRs go here)
Delayed / Needs Discussion
- Managing Authorization info in Angular UI : How to pass Authorization rights (i.e. logged in user's access rights) from REST API to Angular? See for example: https://github.com/DSpace/dspace-angular/issues/393
- In July 25 meeting, we noted this probably cannot be resolved with just one simple solution. May need to look at different options for different scenarios
- Work is ongoing, but has been started in these areas:
- Initial Performance Testing from Chris.
- (REST Contract) Edit Homepage News: https://github.com/DSpace/Rest7Contract/pull/45
- Delayed. General agreement (in meeting on March 21, 2019) that storing HTML in metadata fields is not really ideal behavior. Metadata (from a librarian standpoint) tends to be free of format-related markup (as that allows for easier sharing, understanding of metadata. Currently Community & Collection homepage information is HTML-based and is stored in metadata that is appropriate for a minor subset of information (like the title) but it is better to move large/rich text to bitstreams.
- Proposal here is to consider storing HTML-based markup (for Site, Community & Collection homepages) in Bitstream(s) associated with the object in question. May allow for more CMS-lite behavior in the future
- Timeline for this is uncertain. Possibly in 7 or 8. May depend on how/whether it can be scoped.
- (Angular Bug) https://github.com/DSpace/dspace-angular/issues/368 ( Art Lowel (Atmire) )
- Concurrency in DSpace 7 (or 8). What do we want to do when multiple editors are editing the same object? Needs further analysis regarding implementation details
- We've decided (in meeting on March 7, 2019) to use ETags to implement concurrency. REST Contract notes on ETags: https://github.com/DSpace/Rest7Contract#etags--conditional-headers
- ETags only update of the two fields match. If someone edits first, your edit would fail and you would get a fail response (422?)
- ETags seems to have broader support in other REST APIs. Recommended also by both Art and Andrea.