from 15:00-16:00 UTC
Location: https://lyrasis.zoom.us/my/dspace (Meeting ID: 502 527 3040).
- More connection options available at DSpace Meeting Room
Beta 1 & 2 Sprint : Feb 17-28
- Finish Beta1 tasks in DSpace 7 Release Plan spreadsheet. Goal is to have Beta1 released week of Feb 24.
- Continuing work on Beta2 tasks (especially those with many dependencies)
(15 mins) Developer Stand Up - Developers give brief updates on their effort (or their team's effort).
- Update/see "Current Work" section below based on your status. Please feel free to update prior to meeting.
- Please highlight any new work (needing reviews/testing), any blockers (for you), and any discussion topics you may have.
- (25 mins) General Discussion Topics
- (20 mins) Planning for next week
- Claim tasks for next week from DSpace 7 Release Plan spreadsheet
- Assigning PRs for Review
- Mark H. Wood
- Giuseppe Digilio (4Science)
- Ben Bosman
- Chris Wilper
- Paulo Graça
7.0 Release Goals
These resources define the prioritization and general schedule we are working towards
- DSpace 7 Release Goals : overview of goals/timelines & beta release process
- DSpace 7 Release Plan spreadsheet: our planning spreadsheet which details which features are scheduled for each Beta release.
Claim a Ticket!
If you do not have access in JIRA or GitHub to officially claim the ticket you wish to work on, contact Tim Donohue
- Available Angular UI Tickets
- Available REST API Tickets
- Unassigned tickets scheduled for 7.0beta1 (highest priority)
- Unassigned tickets scheduled for 7.0beta2 (second highest priority)
- General REST API tickets flagged as "low hanging fruit". These may be a good starting point for newer developers.
- General REST API unassigned bug tickets. Again, might be a good starting point for newer developers.
PRs Needing Review
- (REST) (beta2) Select specific embeds (depends on PR#2625): https://github.com/DSpace/DSpace/pull/2670 (Tim Donohue, Ben Bosman)
- (REST) (beta 2 but dependencies) Workflow step definitions https://github.com/DSpace/DSpace/pull/2646 (Ben Bosman - REREVIEW BY FEB 27, Tim Donohue - REREVIEW BY FEB 27, Andrea Bollini (4Science) - REREVIEW BY FEB 27)
- (REST) Scripts & processes: importing and exporting csv's https://github.com/DSpace/DSpace/pull/2648 (Andrea Bollini (4Science) - REVIEWED, Tim Donohue - REVIEW Comments, Mark H. Wood )
- (REST Contract) related to the scripts & processes PR above https://github.com/DSpace/Rest7Contract/pull/99 (Andrea Bollini (4Science) - REVIEWED, Tim Donohue )
- (REST) Shibboleth authentication https://github.com/DSpace/DSpace/pull/2651 (Paulo Graça - REREVIEW, Ben Bosman - REREVIEW)
- (REST) Edit Item - Manage Bitstreams https://github.com/DSpace/DSpace/pull/2666 1 APPROVAL (Tim Donohue)
- (REST) DS-4428 missing parameter exception https://github.com/DSpace/DSpace/pull/2668 1 APPROVAL ( Tim Donohue)
- (REST) DS-4418 remove uuid from resource policy rest https://github.com/DSpace/DSpace/pull/2665 (Tim Donohue - questions added) (Possibly one approval)
- (NEW) (REST) Initial implementation of the authorizations endpoints https://github.com/DSpace/DSpace/pull/2663 (Ben Bosman - REVIEW by FEB 27 (if possible), Tim Donohue - REVIEW by FEB 27)
- (NEW) (REST) Breadcrumbs in header https://github.com/DSpace/DSpace/pull/2673 1 APPROVAL( Tim Donohue)
- (NEW) (REST) Read only versioning endpoints https://github.com/DSpace/DSpace/pull/2680 1 APPROVAL (Tim Donohue)
- (NEW) (REST) Workflow step definitions: action validation (depends on #2646 above) https://github.com/DSpace/DSpace/pull/2685 (Tim Donohue, Ben Bosman, Andrea Bollini (4Science))
- (Angular) Shibboleth authentication (merge with REST PR #2651) https://github.com/DSpace/dspace-angular/pull/568 (Paulo Graça, Ben Bosman)
- (Angular) (beta 2) Edit Item Bitstreams Tab (depends on #578) https://github.com/DSpace/dspace-angular/pull/577 (Tim Donohue, Giuseppe Digilio (4Science))
- (Angular) (beta 1) Only resolve links when needed (Performance improvement work) https://github.com/DSpace/dspace-angular/pull/578 (Tim Donohue - REREVIEW ASAP, Giuseppe Digilio (4Science) - REVIEW ASAP, Paulo Graça - REVIEW ASAP )
- (Angular) (beta 1) Angular 8 Upgrade https://github.com/DSpace/dspace-angular/pull/579 (Tim Donohue , Giuseppe Digilio (4Science) - REVIEW ASAP, Paulo Graça - REVIEW ASAP)
- (NEW) (Angular) Fix angulartics router bug https://github.com/DSpace/dspace-angular/pull/580 1 APPROVAL (Tim Donohue , Paulo Graça)
- (Backend) Fix errorprone test warnings after Java 11 upgrade: https://github.com/DSpace/DSpace/pull/2669 1 APPROVAL ( Mark H. Wood)
- (NEW) (Backend) DS-626 : Exchange usage data with IRUS https://github.com/DSpace/DSpace/pull/2664 (NEEDS REVIEWERS)
- (NEW) (Backend) DS-4434: Fix Context.commit() / isValid() and add Tests https://github.com/DSpace/DSpace/pull/2674 ( Mark H. Wood - MERGE says Andrea)
PRs coming before next meeting (that like to receive reviewers assignment)
- (High priority because of dependencies) Create Integration Tests to prove access restricted Items cannot be accessed anonymously ETA feb 21 - DS-4123Getting issue details... STATUS - 1 APPROVAL (Tim Donohue, Ben Bosman if needed)
- Create Integration Tests to prove access restricted Bitstreams cannot be accessed anonymously ETA feb 21 - DS-4124Getting issue details... STATUS - 1 APPROVAL (Tim Donohue, Ben Bosman if needed)
- Submitters can edit all metadata ETA feb 24 - DS-4278Getting issue details... STATUS - (Tim Donohue, Ben Bosman)
- (REST) (beta 2 - has upcoming dependencies) Manage Groups - ETA Feb 21 - DS-4026 (Tim Donohue, Andrea Bollini (4Science) if needed)
- (Angular) (beta 2) Specify embeds - ETA feb 21 - 1 APPROVAL(Tim Donohue)
- (Angular) (beta 2) List versions - ETA feb 21 - (Tim Donohue, NEEDS SECOND REVIEWER)
- (Angular) (beta 1) Breadcrumbs - ETA feb 26 - (Tim Donohue, Giuseppe Digilio (4Science))
PRs Merged this week!
- (REST Contract) Group and eperson management: https://github.com/DSpace/Rest7Contract/pull/41
- (REST) DS-4389 improving patch system framework Part 1 https://github.com/DSpace/DSpace/pull/2591
- (REST) Projections continued: https://github.com/DSpace/DSpace/pull/2625
- (REST) Collection item template updates https://github.com/DSpace/DSpace/pull/2656 1 APPROVAL
- (Backend) Java 11 upgrade and Replace JMockit with Mockito: https://github.com/DSpace/DSpace/pull/2654
- (Backend) URL configuration refactor (new "dspace.server.url" and "dspace.ui.url"): https://github.com/DSpace/DSpace/pull/2657
- (Angular) Minor Docker fixes for JDK11 & URL config changes (required by PR#2654 and PR#2657 after their merger): https://github.com/DSpace/dspace-angular/pull/574
- (Blocked PRs go here)
Delayed / Needs Discussion
- Managing Authorization info in Angular UI: How to pass Authorization rights (i.e. logged in user's access rights) from REST API to Angular? See for example: https://github.com/DSpace/dspace-angular/issues/393
- In July 25 meeting, we noted this probably cannot be resolved with just one simple solution. May need to look at different options for different scenarios
- Work is ongoing, but has been started in these areas:
- REST API Projections:
DS-3533Getting issue details...
- Work begun in https://github.com/DSpace/DSpace/pull/2547 (by Chris Wilper)
- Based on detail discussions in our Oct 17 meeting.
- (Outdated) Early work begun at https://github.com/DSpace/DSpace/pull/1847. Discussed in more detail in our Aug 22 meeting. Overall, this approach seems like a good direction, need volunteers to move it forward.
- https://github.com/DSpace/Rest7Contract/issues/2 (discussion resumed by Andrea Bollini (4Science) could be relevant for the projection)
- Work begun in https://github.com/DSpace/DSpace/pull/2547 (by Chris Wilper)
- Initial Performance Testing from Chris.
- (REST Contract) Edit Homepage News: https://github.com/DSpace/Rest7Contract/pull/45
- Delayed. General agreement (in meeting on March 21, 2019) that storing HTML in metadata fields is not really ideal behavior. Metadata (from a librarian standpoint) tends to be free of format-related markup (as that allows for easier sharing, understanding of metadata. Currently Community & Collection homepage information is HTML-based and is stored in metadata that is appropriate for a minor subset of information (like the title) but it is better to move large/rich text to bitstreams.
- Proposal here is to consider storing HTML-based markup (for Site, Community & Collection homepages) in Bitstream(s) associated with the object in question. May allow for more CMS-lite behavior in the future
- Timeline for this is uncertain. Possibly in 7 or 8. May depend on how/whether it can be scoped.
- (Angular Bug) https://github.com/DSpace/dspace-angular/issues/368 ( Art Lowel (Atmire) )
- Concurrency in DSpace 7 (or 8). What do we want to do when multiple editors are editing the same object? Needs further analysis regarding implementation details
- We've decided (in meeting on March 7, 2019) to use ETags to implement concurrency. REST Contract notes on ETags: https://github.com/DSpace/Rest7Contract#etags--conditional-headers
- ETags only update of the two fields match. If someone edits first, your edit would fail and you would get a fail response (422?)
- ETags seems to have broader support in other REST APIs. Recommended also by both Art and Andrea.