from 15:00-16:00 UTC
Location: https://lyrasis.zoom.us/my/dspace (Meeting ID: 502 527 3040).
- More connection options available at DSpace Meeting Room
Beta 1 & 2 Sprint : Feb 3-14
- Work towards finalizing the Beta1 tasks in DSpace 7 Release Plan spreadsheet. Goal is to have Beta1 released in mid-to-late Feb.
- Beginning work on Beta2 tasks (especially those with many dependencies)
(15 mins) Developer Stand Up - Developers give brief updates on their effort (or their team's effort).
- Update/see "Current Work" section below based on your status. Please feel free to update prior to meeting.
- Please highlight any new work (needing reviews/testing), any blockers (for you), and any discussion topics you may have.
- (25 mins) General Discussion Topics
- (20 mins) Planning for next week
- Claim tasks for next week from DSpace 7 Release Plan spreadsheet
- Assigning PRs for Review
- Mark H. Wood
- Giuseppe Digilio (4Science)
- Ben Bosman
- Chris Wilper
- Paulo Graça
7.0 Release Goals
These resources define the prioritization and general schedule we are working towards
- DSpace 7 Release Goals : overview of goals/timelines & beta release process
- DSpace 7 Release Plan spreadsheet: our planning spreadsheet which details which features are scheduled for each Beta release.
Claim a Ticket!
If you do not have access in JIRA or GitHub to officially claim the ticket you wish to work on, contact Tim Donohue
- Available Angular UI Tickets
- Available REST API Tickets
- Unassigned tickets scheduled for 7.0beta1 (highest priority)
- Unassigned tickets scheduled for 7.0beta2 (second highest priority)
- General REST API tickets flagged as "low hanging fruit". These may be a good starting point for newer developers.
- General REST API unassigned bug tickets. Again, might be a good starting point for newer developers.
PRs Needing Review
- (REST Contract) Group and eperson management: https://github.com/DSpace/Rest7Contract/pull/41 ( Tim Donohue , Andrea Bollini (4Science) - REREVIEW BY FEB 13)
- MERGE (REST) DS-4389 improving patch system framework Part 1 https://github.com/DSpace/DSpace/pull/2591 (Andrea Bollini (4Science) - REVIEW (if possible) BY FEB 13, Tim Donohue, Michael Spalti )
- Michael's version https://github.com/DSpace/DSpace/pull/2645
- MERGE FIRST (REST) Projections continued: https://github.com/DSpace/DSpace/pull/2625 ( Ben Bosman , Tim Donohue )
- (NEW) (REST) Select specific embeds (depends on PR#2625): https://github.com/DSpace/DSpace/pull/2670 (Tim Donohue, Ben Bosman)
- (REST) Workflow step definitions https://github.com/DSpace/DSpace/pull/2646 (Ben Bosman - REREVIEW, Tim Donohue - REREVIEW, Andrea Bollini (4Science) - REREVIEW)
- (REST) Scripts & processes: importing and exporting csv's https://github.com/DSpace/DSpace/pull/2648 (Andrea Bollini (4Science) - REVIEW BY FEB 20, Tim Donohue - REVIEW Comments, Mark H. Wood )
- (REST) Shibboleth authentication https://github.com/DSpace/DSpace/pull/2651 (Paulo Graça, Ben Bosman )
- MERGE (REST) Collection item template updates https://github.com/DSpace/DSpace/pull/2656 1 APPROVAL (Tim Donohue)
- (NEW) (REST) Edit Item - Manage Bitstreams https://github.com/DSpace/DSpace/pull/2666 1 APPROVAL (Tim Donohue)
- (Angular) Shibboleth authentication (merge with REST PR #2651) https://github.com/DSpace/dspace-angular/pull/568 (Paulo Graça, Ben Bosman)
- (NEW) (Angular) (beta 2) Edit Item Bitstreams Tab (depends on #578) https://github.com/DSpace/dspace-angular/pull/577 (Tim Donohue, Giuseppe Digilio (4Science))
- (NEW) (Angular) (beta 1) Only resolve links when needed (Performance improvement work) https://github.com/DSpace/dspace-angular/pull/578 (Tim Donohue, Giuseppe Digilio (4Science))
- (NEW) (Angular) (beta 1) Angular 8 Upgrade https://github.com/DSpace/dspace-angular/pull/579 (Tim Donohue, Giuseppe Digilio (4Science))
- (Backend) Java 11 upgrade and Replace JMockit with Mockito (MERGE on/around Feb 13): https://github.com/DSpace/DSpace/pull/2654 (Chris Wilper, NEEDS SECOND REVIEWER)
- Corresponding Angular PR (must be merged after PR#2654 and below PR#2657): https://github.com/DSpace/dspace-angular/pull/574
- (Backend) URL configuration refactor (new "dspace.server.url" and "dspace.ui.url") (MERGE on/around Feb 13) https://github.com/DSpace/DSpace/pull/2657 (Paulo Graça - , Mark H. Wood - )
- (NEW) (Backend) Fix errorprone test warnings after Java 11 upgrade (depends on PR#2654): https://github.com/DSpace/DSpace/pull/2669 1 APPROVAL (Mark H. Wood)
- (NEW) DS-4428 missing parameter exception https://github.com/DSpace/DSpace/pull/2668 1 APPROVAL (Tim Donohue)
- (NEW) DS-4418 remove uuid from resource policy rest https://github.com/DSpace/DSpace/pull/2665 (Tim Donohue) (Possibly one approval)
PRs Merged this week!
- (REST Contract) Clarify anonymous access to resourcepolicies endpoints 1 APPROVAL: https://github.com/DSpace/Rest7Contract/pull/101
- (REST Contract) Versioning https://github.com/DSpace/Rest7Contract/pull/97
- (REST) Initial Implementation of Resource Policies endpoint: https://github.com/DSpace/DSpace/pull/2604
- (Angular) Generic uri metadata https://github.com/DSpace/dspace-angular/pull/565 1 APPROVAL
- (Blocked PRs go here)
Delayed / Needs Discussion
- Managing Authorization info in Angular UI: How to pass Authorization rights (i.e. logged in user's access rights) from REST API to Angular? See for example: https://github.com/DSpace/dspace-angular/issues/393
- In July 25 meeting, we noted this probably cannot be resolved with just one simple solution. May need to look at different options for different scenarios
- Work is ongoing, but has been started in these areas:
- REST API Projections:
DS-3533Getting issue details...
- Work begun in https://github.com/DSpace/DSpace/pull/2547 (by Chris Wilper)
- Based on detail discussions in our Oct 17 meeting.
- (Outdated) Early work begun at https://github.com/DSpace/DSpace/pull/1847. Discussed in more detail in our Aug 22 meeting. Overall, this approach seems like a good direction, need volunteers to move it forward.
- https://github.com/DSpace/Rest7Contract/issues/2 (discussion resumed by Andrea Bollini (4Science) could be relevant for the projection)
- Work begun in https://github.com/DSpace/DSpace/pull/2547 (by Chris Wilper)
- Initial Performance Testing from Chris.
- (REST Contract) Edit Homepage News: https://github.com/DSpace/Rest7Contract/pull/45
- Delayed. General agreement (in meeting on March 21, 2019) that storing HTML in metadata fields is not really ideal behavior. Metadata (from a librarian standpoint) tends to be free of format-related markup (as that allows for easier sharing, understanding of metadata. Currently Community & Collection homepage information is HTML-based and is stored in metadata that is appropriate for a minor subset of information (like the title) but it is better to move large/rich text to bitstreams.
- Proposal here is to consider storing HTML-based markup (for Site, Community & Collection homepages) in Bitstream(s) associated with the object in question. May allow for more CMS-lite behavior in the future
- Timeline for this is uncertain. Possibly in 7 or 8. May depend on how/whether it can be scoped.
- (Angular Bug) https://github.com/DSpace/dspace-angular/issues/368 ( Art Lowel (Atmire) )
- Concurrency in DSpace 7 (or 8). What do we want to do when multiple editors are editing the same object? Needs further analysis regarding implementation details
- We've decided (in meeting on March 7, 2019) to use ETags to implement concurrency. REST Contract notes on ETags: https://github.com/DSpace/Rest7Contract#etags--conditional-headers
- ETags only update of the two fields match. If someone edits first, your edit would fail and you would get a fail response (422?)
- ETags seems to have broader support in other REST APIs. Recommended also by both Art and Andrea.