Date & Location
at 16:00 UTC (11:00am EDT)
Join from PC, Mac, Linux, iOS or Android: https://lyrasis.zoom.us/my/dspace
Actual attendee list will be updated after meeting.
- Tim Donohue - LYRASIS
- Pascal-Nicolas Becker - The Library Code (unavailable)
- Alexander Sulfrian - Freie Universität Berlin
- Lieven Droogmans - Atmire
- Ben Bosman - Atmire
- Paulo Lopes - FCT|FCCN
- Mark H. Wood - IUPUI
- Paulo Graça- FCT|FCCN
- Jose Carvalho - University of Minho
- Dimitris Pierrakos - ARC/OpenAIRE
- Oliver Goldschmidt - Hamburg University of Technology (TUHH)
- Helen Baer - Colorado State University
Any additional topics to today's agenda?
|2||15mins||Updates on OpenAIREv4|
Work based on:
Blocking question about XOAI interface and "entities" filtering: DS6 doesn't have entities. We are introducing them in DS7. OAI interface exposes items and with DS7 an Entity is a typed item. Should OAI expose all items (Publications and Persons mingled) or the current metadata formats should all be firstly filtered to Publications (at xoai.xml level configurations)?
Next steps: demo submission form and XOAI changes
|5||15mins||Wrap-up and Assigning tasks|
Tickets to Resolve
- All JIRA tickets tagged with "Configurable Entities": https://jira.duraspace.org/issues/?jql=project%20%3D%20DS%20AND%20component%20%3D%20%22Configurable%20Entities%22
- Critical Tickets: https://jira.duraspace.org/issues?jql=project%20%3D%20DS%20AND%20priority%20%3D%20Critical%20AND%20component%20%3D%20%22Configurable%20Entities%22
- Major Tickets: https://jira.duraspace.org/issues?jql=project%20%3D%20DS%20AND%20priority%20%3D%20Major%20AND%20component%20%3D%20%22Configurable%20Entities%22
- (HIGH PRIORITY) Bug with performance of Angular (especially with regards to Entities, e.g. in PR#402): https://github.com/DSpace/dspace-angular/issues/458
(REST Contract) There could be more than one Entity reference for external sources https://github.com/DSpace/Rest7Contract/issues/90
PRs Needing Review
- (REST Contract) Adding entry HAL Link at entryValues level https://github.com/DSpace/Rest7Contract/pull/88 (Ben Bosman - provided feedback, Tim Donohue - provided feedback)
- (REST Contract) Metadata suggestions in the live import https://github.com/DSpace/Rest7Contract/pull/83 (Paulo Graça - I'm ok with the current status of this PR, Tim Donohue - provided feedback)
- (REST) Delete item with relationships https://github.com/DSpace/DSpace/pull/2577 (Paulo Graça, Alexander Sulfrian, Tim Donohue - minor comments)
- (NEW) (REST) Delete item with relationships: configure defaults https://github.com/DSpace/DSpace/pull/2588 (Paulo Graça, Alexander Sulfrian, Tim Donohue)
- only review after merging https://github.com/DSpace/DSpace/pull/2577
- (REST) Entities bug-fixes in place management https://github.com/DSpace/DSpace/pull/2551 UPDATED (Chris Wilper, Tim Donohue - one test missing, Paulo Graça ) May just need one approval
- (REST) Feature: external sources https://github.com/DSpace/DSpace/pull/2560 (Paulo Graça , Tim Donohue - HIGH PRIORITY )
- (NEW) (REST) Creating an archived item from an external source https://github.com/DSpace/DSpace/pull/2590 (Paulo Graça, Tim Donohue)
- only review after merging https://github.com/DSpace/DSpace/pull/2560
- (NEW) (REST) Entities: Search relationships total fix https://github.com/DSpace/DSpace/pull/2589 (Tim Donohue) ONE APPROVAL NEEDED
- (OpenAIRE4) OpenAIRE 4 Entities and Relationships https://github.com/DSpace/DSpace/pull/2575 (Dimitris Pierrakos, Ben Bosman, Tim Donohue)
- (OpenAIRE4) OpenAIRE 4 required fields https://github.com/DSpace/DSpace/pull/2576 (Dimitris Pierrakos, Ben Bosman, Tim Donohue)
PRs Merged this week!
- (REST) Entities: configuring whether name variants should be used https://github.com/DSpace/DSpace/pull/2561
- Fix for DS-4379 (listed above) https://github.com/DSpace/DSpace/pull/2568
This task list has been updated as of our meeting on Oct 22, 2019. The tasks are numbered for easy reference, but are not necessarily listed in priority order. During this meeting we worked to re-summarize current work status so that we can align this task list with the DSpace 7 Estimation Process (and as such, estimate any we feel should be considered for 7.0 release). NOTE: Keep in mind, just because a task is listed here does NOT guarantee it will be completed for DSpace 7. Some of these tasks may need to be delayed for a future release.
- Metadata schemas for Entity types (DS-4223).
- (Minor refactor) Decide which metadata field should be used to store Entity Type (DS-4184). Currently, it is stored in "relationship.type".
- Creating Relations (between Entities) with CSV Batch Import
- Permissions on Relations (between Entities)
- Discussed on Aug 6
- Early Docs / Notes: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1X0XsppZYOtPtbmq7yXwmu7FbMAfLxxOCONbw0_rl7jY/edit#heading=h.y6qarjnylexl
- Deleting Entities that have existing relations
- Deletion action itself:
- REST Contract: https://github.com/DSpace/Rest7Contract/blob/master/relationships.md#deleting-a-relationship , REST: https://github.com/DSpace/DSpace/pull/2332 , Angular: https://github.com/DSpace/dspace-angular/pull/402
- Early Docs / Notes: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1X0XsppZYOtPtbmq7yXwmu7FbMAfLxxOCONbw0_rl7jY/edit#heading=h.c62y8iqnvlur
- Copy virtual metadata from deleted entity to related entity
- REST Contract: https://github.com/DSpace/Rest7Contract/pull/78
- In implementation (REST API and Angular)
- Deletion action itself:
- Dynamic display of Relations
- Early Docs / Notes: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1X0XsppZYOtPtbmq7yXwmu7FbMAfLxxOCONbw0_rl7jY/edit#heading=h.pm34t6u1djdf
- May require usability improvements (NEEDS DISCUSSION)
- Submission Integration Tasks
- Creating new Entities using Submission Forms
- Creating relations between two Entities during Submission process
- Contract: https://github.com/DSpace/Rest7Contract/pull/64 , REST: https://github.com/DSpace/DSpace/pull/2472
- In Implementation (Angular)
- Early Docs / Notes: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1X0XsppZYOtPtbmq7yXwmu7FbMAfLxxOCONbw0_rl7jY/edit#heading=h.9aixusqzgcnp
- Search External Sources (includes ORCID integration with Entities)
- Convert External Sources to an Entity
- Name Variants
- Create name variants in submission
- In Implementation (REST API and Angular)
- Display name variants on Item pages (Angular)
- Create name variants in submission
- OpenAIRE v4 implementation (using Entities)
- TO BE DISCUSSED ON OCT 29.
- Early PR expected in the next week or so. This initial work will be configuration only (no new code).
- Possible need for a follow-up PR to implement improvements to OAI-PMH to support OpenAIRE v4.
- How to display related items on an Item page if that related item is still in workflow approval
- TODO: Needs proposal. Early idea is to simply display the related item as plain text metadata (until approved).
- Edit Item page integration
- TODO: Needs proposal. How to display relationships on "edit metadata" tab. How to add relationships on "relationships" tab
- Relations in AIP Backup & Restore
- Creating Relations in SAF Import (might be postponed for a future release)
- Requires AIP Backup & Restore
- Proposal: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1X0XsppZYOtPtbmq7yXwmu7FbMAfLxxOCONbw0_rl7jY/edit#heading=h.n8ktliibe7kj
- SWORD integration (might be postponed for a future release)
- Requires AIP Backup & Restore, as SWORD uses the same crosswalks / format as AIP.
- Proposal: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1X0XsppZYOtPtbmq7yXwmu7FbMAfLxxOCONbw0_rl7jY/edit#heading=h.xufwyy1ep8h2
- Best Practices around Entities in Collections (NOT: this may just be early documentation). We've suggested in the Preview Release to structure Collections based on Entity Type (Person Collection, Projects Collection, etc). We should better document and formalize these best practices.
- Should we eventually consider hiding these Collections which only serve to store Entity Types?