Date & Location
at 15:00 UTC (11:00am EST)
Join from PC, Mac, Linux, iOS or Android: https://lyrasis.zoom.us/my/dspace (Meeting ID: 502 527 3040)
Actual attendee list will be updated after meeting.
- Tim Donohue - LYRASIS
- Pascal-Nicolas Becker - The Library Code (unavailable)
- Alexander Sulfrian - Freie Universität Berlin
- Lieven Droogmans - Atmire
- Ben Bosman - Atmire
- Paulo Lopes - FCT|FCCN
- Mark H. Wood - IUPUI
- Paulo Graça- FCT|FCCN
- Jose Carvalho - University of Minho
- Dimitris Pierrakos - ARC/OpenAIRE
- Oliver Goldschmidt - Hamburg University of Technology (TUHH)
- Helen Baer - Colorado State University
Any additional topics to today's agenda?
|2||15min||Working to finalize task list for DSpace 7 Estimation Process||All|
|3||5mins||Meeting time after daylight savings`|
Does 15UTC still work for everyone (this will be one hour earlier after daylight saving time ends), or should we shift to 16UTC?
|5||10mins||Wrap-up and Assigning tasks|
Tickets to Resolve
- All JIRA tickets tagged with "Configurable Entities": https://jira.duraspace.org/issues/?jql=project%20%3D%20DS%20AND%20component%20%3D%20%22Configurable%20Entities%22
- Critical Tickets: https://jira.duraspace.org/issues?jql=project%20%3D%20DS%20AND%20priority%20%3D%20Critical%20AND%20component%20%3D%20%22Configurable%20Entities%22
- Major Tickets: https://jira.duraspace.org/issues?jql=project%20%3D%20DS%20AND%20priority%20%3D%20Major%20AND%20component%20%3D%20%22Configurable%20Entities%22
- (HIGH PRIORITY) Bug with performance of Angular (especially with regards to Entities, e.g. in PR#402): https://github.com/DSpace/dspace-angular/issues/458
PRs Needing Review
- (REST Contract) Entities: Creating an archived item from an external source https://github.com/DSpace/Rest7Contract/pull/82 (Paulo Graça - feedback provided, Tim Donohue)
- (REST Contract) Metadata suggestions in the live import https://github.com/DSpace/Rest7Contract/pull/83 (Paulo Graça - suggests to split in 2, Tim Donohue)
- (REST) Ds 4224 paginated methods for relationships https://github.com/DSpace/DSpace/pull/2535 (Chris Wilper - feedback provided, Alexander Sulfrian ) (CAN BE MERGED)
- (REST) Entities bug-fixes in place management https://github.com/DSpace/DSpace/pull/2551 (Chris Wilper, Tim Donohue, Paulo Graça) May just need one approval
- (NEW) (REST) Feature: external sources https://github.com/DSpace/DSpace/pull/2560 (Paulo Graça, Tim Donohue )
- (Angular) Item page entities changes/refactoring https://github.com/DSpace/dspace-angular/pull/475 (Paulo Graça , Tim Donohue)
- (Angular) Name variants on item pages https://github.com/DSpace/dspace-angular/pull/496 1 APPROVAL (Paulo Graça, Tim Donohue)
PRs Merged this week!
- (REST Contract) Entities support for external authority sources https://github.com/DSpace/Rest7Contract/pull/74
- (REST) Discovery indexing: Ensuring discovery configuration is used during indexing https://github.com/DSpace/DSpace/pull/2527
This list was roughly prioritized in the meeting on May 23, 2019 (just before OR2019). The prioritization below may change, but it gives a high level overview of what still needs to be done. NOTE: Keep in mind, just because an item is listed here does NOT guarantee it will be completed for DSpace 7. Some of these tasks may need to be delayed for a future release.
- Submission integration (creating Entities & relations using the Item submission process) - Mockups already created by Paulo previously. - In implementation
- Not started yet: Adding name variants, importing from external sources
- Which metadata fields should be used for each Entity type. (DS-4223). - In implementation
- Not done yet: A field to store the entity type. This is currently set to relationship.type
- Additional data for relations (essentially "metadata" or labels on relations) - Related to many other features / use cases. - In implementation
- Not fully complete.
- Author name variants - In implementation
- Not fully complete. Can estimate.
- Configuration of batch import (via CSV) for Entities - Already a CSV import available, but can only link entities in CSV to existing entities (in the system). Need to decide how to represent relations in CSV. - In implementation
- Needs analysis of what is outstanding.
- Permissions on Relations (who has permissions to add/modify/delete relations) - Currently, if you have Edit permissions on the Entity, then you can edit/delete any relationships to/from that Entity. (NEEDS DISCUSSION)
- Deleting objects with Relations (How or should deletion propagate between closely related objects, e.g. delete entire Journal) - Currently, deleting a relation just decouples the two Entities. E.g. If you delete a Person entity, that Person may no longer be listed on any Publications it is linked to (may want to copy info over after deletion). - Discussed on Aug 6
- Relates to GDPR
- AIP Backup & Restore (of Entities)*
- Dynamic display of Relations - determine automatically how a list of entities displayed on an Item page (list vs search). Currently hardcoded based on entity type (in item page template). Want to make it configurable/dynamic. (NEEDS DISCUSSION)
- SWORD integration (submission of Entities via SWORD) - Uses same format as AIP. Once AIP is implemented, SWORD should be easy.
- OpenAIRE v4 implementation using Entities* - Brought up in Steering. Possibly just an OAI-PMH configuration which maps Entity metadata fields to OpenAIRE v4
- ORCID integration with Entities (for Person Entities). (Related to #15)
- Importing from external sources (can estimate)
- Best Practices around Entities in Collections. We've suggested in the Preview Release to structure Collections based on Entity Type (Person Collection, Projects Collection, etc). We should better document and formalize these best practices. Can we hide these Collections which only serve to store Entity Type.
- The ability of pick the proper affiliation of a Person for a specific context. DSpace should address this use case to allow the user to describe something like in this document http://repositorium.sdum.uminho.pt/bitstream/1822/46268/1/1-s2.0-S1877050917302788.pdf regarding the authors and affiliations. You have different persons, each can belong to an institution at the time of that publication. The affiliation shouldn't be changed afterwards. And the user should be able to pick the proper one if an Author has more than one. (PER discussion on July 16, this is lower priority and may be more likely to be implemented in DSpace 8)
(REQUIRED) Deeper dive discussion into how Entities will work with Authority Control, and how ORCID integration will work (as ORCID integrates with Authority Control). Some useful resources: Discussed in meetings on Aug 27 and Sept 17 - In implementation
- Meeting time after daylight savings ends. As of next week (Oct 29), we will switch this meeting to 16:00UTC.
- Revisiting our task list. Lieven Droogmans wrote up a summary doc of what is left to do, which he walked us through
- See entities-task-list.pdf
- ACTION: Tim will take these notes and update the Wiki Task List
- Additional notes on OpenAIRE v4
- Jose & Paulo should have work to share by next week's meeting. (Tim will add to agenda)
- The initial PR will only provide configuration (metadata fields, entities, etc) related to OpenAIRE v4. They are striving to use all other Entities features as-is.
- Goal in DSpace 7 is to provide "basic compliance" with guidelines
- Some followup PRs may be needed to ensure OAI-PMH interface shares everything properly
- Next week's main topic is OpenAIRE v4. We'll also look at the updated Task List to see if there's other areas to enhance.