Date & Location
at 16:00 UTC (11:00am EDT)
Join from PC, Mac, Linux, iOS or Android: https://lyrasis.zoom.us/j/9963190968
Actual attendee list will be updated after meeting.
- Tim Donohue - LYRASIS
- Pascal-Nicolas Becker - The Library Code (unavailable)
- Alexander Sulfrian - Freie Universität Berlin
- Lieven Droogmans - Atmire
- Ben Bosman - Atmire
- Paulo Lopes - FCT|FCCN
- Mark H. Wood - IUPUI
- Paulo Graça- FCT|FCCN
- Jose Carvalho - University of Minho
- Dimitris Pierrakos - ARC/OpenAIRE
- Oliver Goldschmidt - Hamburg University of Technology (TUHH)
- Helen Baer - Colorado State University
Any additional topics to today's agenda?
|2||20mins||Updates on OpenAIREv4|
Future steps: demo submission form
|Jose & Paulo|
|3||20mins||Entities integration on edit item (Edit metadata tab)||Mockups for "Edit Metadata" tab of the Edit Item page. For Entities, this tab will need to display (read-only) virtual metadata, so that it can be seen (and reordered) alongside real metadata.||Lieven|
|4||if time allows||Replacing plain-text metadata with relationship||Solution for common use case problem: If you’d be submitting a new person entity, which already has 10 publications in the repository containing that person's name as plain text metadata in dc.contributor.author, duplicate metadata would be created (the old actual metadata and the new virtual metadata).||Lieven|
|5||15mins||Wrap-up and Assigning tasks|
Tickets to Resolve
- All JIRA tickets tagged with "Configurable Entities": https://jira.duraspace.org/issues/?jql=project%20%3D%20DS%20AND%20component%20%3D%20%22Configurable%20Entities%22
- Critical Tickets: https://jira.duraspace.org/issues?jql=project%20%3D%20DS%20AND%20priority%20%3D%20Critical%20AND%20component%20%3D%20%22Configurable%20Entities%22
- Major Tickets: https://jira.duraspace.org/issues?jql=project%20%3D%20DS%20AND%20priority%20%3D%20Major%20AND%20component%20%3D%20%22Configurable%20Entities%22
- (HIGH PRIORITY) Bug with performance of Angular (especially with regards to Entities, e.g. in PR#402): https://github.com/DSpace/dspace-angular/issues/458
(REST Contract) There could be more than one Entity reference for external sources https://github.com/DSpace/Rest7Contract/issues/90
PRs Needing Review
- (NEW) (REST Contract) Adding entry HAL Link at entryValues level https://github.com/DSpace/Rest7Contract/pull/88 (Ben Bosman - provided feedback, Tim Donohue )
- (REST Contract) Metadata suggestions in the live import https://github.com/DSpace/Rest7Contract/pull/83 (Paulo Graça - REREVIEW. suggests to split in 2, Tim Donohue - REREVIEW)
- (NEW) (REST) Delete item with relationships https://github.com/DSpace/DSpace/pull/2577 (Paulo Graça, Alexander Sulfrian)
- (REST) Entities bug-fixes in place management https://github.com/DSpace/DSpace/pull/2551 UPDATED (Chris Wilper, Tim Donohue, Paulo Graça) May just need one approval
- (REST) Feature: external sources https://github.com/DSpace/DSpace/pull/2560 (Paulo Graça , Tim Donohue )
- (REST) Entities: configuring whether name variants should be used https://github.com/DSpace/DSpace/pull/2561 UPDATED (Paulo Graça , Tim Donohue) QUICK REVIEW & MERGE
- (NEW) OpenAIRE4: OpenAIRE 4 Entities and Relationships https://github.com/DSpace/DSpace/pull/2575 (Dimitris Pierrakos, Ben Bosman, Tim Donohue)
- (NEW) OpenAIRE4: OpenAIRE 4 required fields https://github.com/DSpace/DSpace/pull/2576 (Dimitris Pierrakos, Ben Bosman, Tim Donohue)
- (NEW) Fix for DS-4379 (listed above) https://github.com/DSpace/DSpace/pull/2568 (Paulo Graça, Ben Bosman)
PRs Merged this week!
- (Angular) Item page entities changes/refactoring https://github.com/DSpace/dspace-angular/pull/475
This task list has been updated as of our meeting on Oct 22, 2019. The tasks are numbered for easy reference, but are not necessarily listed in priority order. During this meeting we worked to re-summarize current work status so that we can align this task list with the DSpace 7 Estimation Process (and as such, estimate any we feel should be considered for 7.0 release). NOTE: Keep in mind, just because a task is listed here does NOT guarantee it will be completed for DSpace 7. Some of these tasks may need to be delayed for a future release.
- Metadata schemas for Entity types (DS-4223).
- (Minor refactor) Decide which metadata field should be used to store Entity Type (DS-4184). Currently, it is stored in "relationship.type".
- Creating Relations (between Entities) with CSV Batch Import
- Permissions on Relations (between Entities)
- Discussed on Aug 6
- Early Docs / Notes: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1X0XsppZYOtPtbmq7yXwmu7FbMAfLxxOCONbw0_rl7jY/edit#heading=h.y6qarjnylexl
- Deleting Entities that have existing relations
- Deletion action itself:
- REST Contract: https://github.com/DSpace/Rest7Contract/blob/master/relationships.md#deleting-a-relationship , REST: https://github.com/DSpace/DSpace/pull/2332 , Angular: https://github.com/DSpace/dspace-angular/pull/402
- Early Docs / Notes: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1X0XsppZYOtPtbmq7yXwmu7FbMAfLxxOCONbw0_rl7jY/edit#heading=h.c62y8iqnvlur
- Copy virtual metadata from deleted entity to related entity
- REST Contract: https://github.com/DSpace/Rest7Contract/pull/78
- In implementation (REST API and Angular)
- Deletion action itself:
- Dynamic display of Relations
- Early Docs / Notes: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1X0XsppZYOtPtbmq7yXwmu7FbMAfLxxOCONbw0_rl7jY/edit#heading=h.pm34t6u1djdf
- May require usability improvements (NEEDS DISCUSSION)
- Submission Integration Tasks
- Creating new Entities using Submission Forms
- Creating relations between two Entities during Submission process
- Contract: https://github.com/DSpace/Rest7Contract/pull/64 , REST: https://github.com/DSpace/DSpace/pull/2472
- In Implementation (Angular)
- Early Docs / Notes: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1X0XsppZYOtPtbmq7yXwmu7FbMAfLxxOCONbw0_rl7jY/edit#heading=h.9aixusqzgcnp
- Search External Sources (includes ORCID integration with Entities)
- Convert External Sources to an Entity
- Name Variants
- Create name variants in submission
- In Implementation (REST API and Angular)
- Display name variants on Item pages (Angular)
- Create name variants in submission
- OpenAIRE v4 implementation (using Entities)
- TO BE DISCUSSED ON OCT 29.
- Early PR expected in the next week or so. This initial work will be configuration only (no new code).
- Possible need for a follow-up PR to implement improvements to OAI-PMH to support OpenAIRE v4.
- How to display related items on an Item page if that related item is still in workflow approval
- TODO: Needs proposal. Early idea is to simply display the related item as plain text metadata (until approved).
- Edit Item page integration
- TODO: Needs proposal. How to display relationships on "edit metadata" tab. How to add relationships on "relationships" tab
- Relations in AIP Backup & Restore
- Creating Relations in SAF Import (might be postponed for a future release)
- Requires AIP Backup & Restore
- Proposal: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1X0XsppZYOtPtbmq7yXwmu7FbMAfLxxOCONbw0_rl7jY/edit#heading=h.n8ktliibe7kj
- SWORD integration (might be postponed for a future release)
- Requires AIP Backup & Restore, as SWORD uses the same crosswalks / format as AIP.
- Proposal: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1X0XsppZYOtPtbmq7yXwmu7FbMAfLxxOCONbw0_rl7jY/edit#heading=h.xufwyy1ep8h2
- Best Practices around Entities in Collections (NOT: this may just be early documentation). We've suggested in the Preview Release to structure Collections based on Entity Type (Person Collection, Projects Collection, etc). We should better document and formalize these best practices.
- Should we eventually consider hiding these Collections which only serve to store Entity Types?