This Confluence wiki site, maintained by DuraSpace prior to the recent merger with LYRASIS, will transition from the duraspace.org domain to the lyrasis.org domain on Saturday, Nov 16 beginning at approximately 7pm ET. A period of downtime of 2-3 hours is expected. After the transition, this wiki will be available at https://wiki.lyrasis.org/. All links to duraspace.org wiki pages will be redirected to the correct lyrasis.org URL. If you have questions prior to or following the transition please contact: wikihelp@lyrasis.org.

Page tree
Skip to end of metadata
Go to start of metadata

Date & Location

 at 15:00 UTC (11:00am EST)


Location:

Join from PC, Mac, Linux, iOS or Android:  https://duraspace.zoom.us/my/dspace  (Meeting ID: 502 527 3040)

Additional connection info available on DSpace Meeting Room page.

Attendees

Actual attendee list will be updated after meeting.

Unavailable:

Agenda

#TimeItemInformationWho
15 minsWhere we left off / What's coming next

DSpace 7 Preview Release included our two initial use cases!  Journal Hierarchy & Author Profiles. However, plenty of work left to do (after OR2019)

  • As Entities is now on the `master` branch, future Entities PRs should go directly against `master`
Tim
225 mins

Determine Priorities for Phase 2 of Entities

Next Steps / Additional Considerations from our Documentation: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1X0XsppZYOtPtbmq7yXwmu7FbMAfLxxOCONbw0_rl7jY/edit#heading=h.hsdan1o4sji6

  • Next Steps to Prioritize (unordered, but numbered for easy reference) 
    1. (Lieven, Ben, Tim, Fernando, Jose, Mark, Oliver, Paulo) Submission integration (creating Entities & relations using the Item submission process) - Mockups already created by Paulo previously.
    2. (Lieven, Ben, Tim, Jose, Oliver, Paulo) Which metadata fields should be used for each Entity type. (DS-4223).
    3. (Lieven, Ben, Tim, Mark) Additional data for relations (essentially "metadata" or labels on relations) - Related to many other features / use cases. 
    4. (Oliver, Paulo) Author name variants - Not currently implemented
    5. (Jose) Configuration of batch import (via CSV) for Entities - Already a CSV import available, but can only link entities in CSV to existing entities (in the system). Need to decide how to represent relations in CSV.
    6. (Mark) Permissions on Relations (who has permissions to add/modify/delete relations) - Currently, if you have Edit permissions on the Entity, then you can edit/delete any relationships to/from that Entity.
    7. (Fernando) Deleting objects with Relations (How or should deletion propagate between closely related objects, e.g. delete entire Journal) - Currently, deleting a relation just decouples the two Entities.  E.g. If you delete a Person entity, that Person may no longer be listed on any Publications it is linked to (may want to copy info over after deletion).
      1. Relates to GDPR
    8. (Alexander) AIP Backup & Restore (of Entities)*
    9. Dynamic display of Relations - determine automatically how a list of entities displayed on an Item page (list vs search). Currently hardcoded based on entity type (in item page template). Want to make it configurable/dynamic.
    10. SWORD integration (submission of Entities via SWORD) - Uses same format as AIP. Once AIP is implemented, SWORD should be easy.
    11. OpenAIRE v4 implementation using Entities* - Brought up in Steering.  Possibly just an OAI-PMH configuration which maps Entity metadata fields to OpenAIRE v4
    12. ORCID integration with Entities (for Person Entities).
  • Is this list complete?
All
325 minDiscuss TODOs for OR2019

In order to make a big splash at OR2019, it'd be good to have some direction on the following

  • Metadata schemas for Entity Type field (relationship.type) and each Entity Type (e.g. People, Journal). See DS-4223
    • Submission form configuration per entity type
    • CERIF?  Schema.org (mostly flat)?  Dublin Core + DataCite
  • Finalize / Review UI mockups / plans for creating Entities (and relations) in submission
    • Creating relations to archived Entities
    • Creating relations to new Entities
    • Creating relations in batch to archived Entities
Tim & Lieven
45minsWrap-up and Next Meeting Reminder
Heather

Current Work

Tickets to Resolve


Notes

  • Three months since last meeting of this group. Congrats to the team who worked so hard on entities and getting the preview release out the door! There is plenty of work still let to do, the submission process for entities is not yet there. Many other phase 2 features to discuss, but getting the preview out was no small feat, and all that hard work is much appreciated.
  • Tim notes that one thing that will change going forward, in the past work was in a separate branch and that was very useful for the first cut of entities, everything going forward should be against the master branch. More direct work with the DS 7 working gorup. Hope that the PRs will go in more rapidly, be smaller, and have a bigger pool of testers.
  • The hope is that moving against master will reduce conversations being repeated in the Entities and the DS 7 working group. Goal to bring all reviews into one place and all feedback is visible.
  • Prioritization of features: setting an order for discussion and making sure everything is on the list
    • See list above in order based on attendee discussion
  • To-dos for OR2019
    • 3rd party metadata schema: Schema.org, mostly flat, could be a good starting place. 
    • Need to have some sort of CRIS data model included and need to work on mapping these metadata schema to represent entities. One implemented by openAIRE 4 is one we could easily comply with. 
    • Schema.org will be a starting point, will make a small selection of fields, and look at mapping to Serif and openAIRE schema. Then can easily extend as needed
  • Next meeting 18th June at 15:00 UTC

Action Items

Any assigned actions will appear here, along with details of who they are assigned to.



  • No labels