Date & Location
at 15:00 UTC (11:00am EST)
Join from PC, Mac, Linux, iOS or Android: https://duraspace.zoom.us/my/dspace (Meeting ID: 502 527 3040)
Additional connection info available on DSpace Meeting Room page.
Actual attendee list will be updated after meeting.
- Tim Donohue - DuraSpace
- Pascal-Nicolas Becker - The Library Code
- Alexander Sulfrian - Freie Universität Berlin
- Lieven Droogmans - Atmire
- Paulo Lopes - FCT|FCCN
- Mark H. Wood - IUPUI
- Paulo Graça- FCT|FCCN
- Jose Carvalho - University of Minho
- Heather Greer Klein - DuraSpace
- Michele Mennielli - DuraSpace
|1||5 mins||Where we left off / What's coming next|
DSpace 7 Preview Release included our two initial use cases! Journal Hierarchy & Author Profiles. However, plenty of work left to do (after OR2019)
Determine Priorities for Phase 2 of Entities
Next Steps / Additional Considerations from our Documentation: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1X0XsppZYOtPtbmq7yXwmu7FbMAfLxxOCONbw0_rl7jY/edit#heading=h.hsdan1o4sji6
|3||25 min||Discuss TODOs for OR2019|
In order to make a big splash at OR2019, it'd be good to have some direction on the following
|Tim & Lieven|
|4||5mins||Wrap-up and Next Meeting Reminder||Heather|
Tickets to Resolve
- All JIRA tickets tagged with "Configurable Entities": https://jira.duraspace.org/issues/?jql=project%20%3D%20DS%20AND%20component%20%3D%20%22Configurable%20Entities%22
- Critical Tickets: https://jira.duraspace.org/browse/DS-4244?jql=project%20%3D%20DS%20AND%20priority%20%3D%20Critical%20AND%20component%20%3D%20%22Configurable%20Entities%22
- Major Tickets: https://jira.duraspace.org/browse/DS-4241?jql=project%20%3D%20DS%20AND%20priority%20%3D%20Major%20AND%20component%20%3D%20%22Configurable%20Entities%22
- Three months since last meeting of this group. Congrats to the team who worked so hard on entities and getting the preview release out the door! There is plenty of work still let to do, the submission process for entities is not yet there. Many other phase 2 features to discuss, but getting the preview out was no small feat, and all that hard work is much appreciated.
- Tim notes that one thing that will change going forward, in the past work was in a separate branch and that was very useful for the first cut of entities, everything going forward should be against the master branch. More direct work with the DS 7 working gorup. Hope that the PRs will go in more rapidly, be smaller, and have a bigger pool of testers.
- The hope is that moving against master will reduce conversations being repeated in the Entities and the DS 7 working group. Goal to bring all reviews into one place and all feedback is visible.
- Prioritization of features: setting an order for discussion and making sure everything is on the list
- See list above in order based on attendee discussion
- To-dos for OR2019
- 3rd party metadata schema: Schema.org, mostly flat, could be a good starting place.
- Need to have some sort of CRIS data model included and need to work on mapping these metadata schema to represent entities. One implemented by openAIRE 4 is one we could easily comply with.
- Schema.org will be a starting point, will make a small selection of fields, and look at mapping to Serif and openAIRE schema. Then can easily extend as needed
- Next meeting 18th June at 15:00 UTC
Any assigned actions will appear here, along with details of who they are assigned to.