Date & Location
NO MEETING ON August 13. Instead, all developers please update your status in the "Current Work" section below! Feel free to add PRs needing attention/review, etc. We will next meet on Tuesday, August 20.
Please also note that Tim Donohue is unavailable on Tuesday, August 20 (returns from vacation on August 21). If someone else is willing to chair the meeting on August 20, please get in touch!
Actual attendee list will be updated after meeting.
- Tim Donohue - LYRASIS (Out on Aug 13 & 20)
- Pascal-Nicolas Becker - The Library Code
- Alexander Sulfrian - Freie Universität Berlin (Out for rest of August)
- Lieven Droogmans - Atmire (Out until Aug 27)
- Ben Bosman - Atmire
- Paulo Lopes - FCT|FCCN
- Mark H. Wood - IUPUI
- Paulo Graça- FCT|FCCN
- Jose Carvalho - University of Minho (out for next 2 weeks)
- Heather Greer Klein - LYRASIS
- Dimitris Pierrakos - ARC/OpenAIRE
- Oliver Goldschmidt - Hamburg University of Technology (TUHH)
Any additional topics to today's agenda? (NOTE: If no topics are provided before meeting, we will just do a quick update on PR status & assign reviewers)
|5||5mins||Wrap-up and Assigning tasks||Tim|
Tickets to Resolve
- All JIRA tickets tagged with "Configurable Entities": https://jira.duraspace.org/issues/?jql=project%20%3D%20DS%20AND%20component%20%3D%20%22Configurable%20Entities%22
- Critical Tickets: https://jira.duraspace.org/browse/DS-4244?jql=project%20%3D%20DS%20AND%20priority%20%3D%20Critical%20AND%20component%20%3D%20%22Configurable%20Entities%22
- Major Tickets: https://jira.duraspace.org/browse/DS-4241?jql=project%20%3D%20DS%20AND%20priority%20%3D%20Major%20AND%20component%20%3D%20%22Configurable%20Entities%22
PRs Needing Review
- (REST) support for defining relationship lookups in the submission forms https://github.com/DSpace/DSpace/pull/2472 UPDATED ( Tim Donohue , Alexander Sulfrian - needs re-review)
- (NEW) (REST) Rename properties and support for name variants https://github.com/DSpace/DSpace/pull/2488
- (Angular) (Entities) Deleting relationships: https://github.com/DSpace/dspace-angular/pull/402 (Paulo Graça - reported issues, Tim Donohue )
- Kristof will update this PR
- (Angular) (Entities) Grid templates for entity types https://github.com/DSpace/dspace-angular/pull/433 (Paulo Graça, Alexander Sulfrian )
- (Backend) (Entities) DS-4316: Indirect entity refs during csv import https://github.com/DSpace/DSpace/pull/2471 (Tim Donohue, Ben Bosman, Paulo Graça )
PRs Merged this week!
- https://github.com/DSpace/Rest7Contract/pull/67 (Rest Contract) (Entities) Rename properties and support for name variants:
- (Angular) (Entities) Dedicated search based based on configurations https://github.com/DSpace/dspace-angular/pull/442
This list was roughly prioritized in the meeting on May 23, 2019 (just before OR2019). The prioritization below may change, but it gives a high level overview of what still needs to be done. NOTE: Keep in mind, just because an item is listed here does NOT guarantee it will be completed for DSpace 7. Some of these tasks may need to be delayed for a future release.
- (Lieven, Ben, Tim, Fernando, Jose, Mark, Oliver, Paulo) Submission integration (creating Entities & relations using the Item submission process) - Mockups already created by Paulo previously. - In implementation
- (Lieven, Ben, Tim, Jose, Oliver, Paulo) Which metadata fields should be used for each Entity type. (DS-4223). - In implementation
- (Lieven, Ben, Tim, Mark) Additional data for relations (essentially "metadata" or labels on relations) - Related to many other features / use cases. - In implementation
- (Oliver, Paulo) Author name variants - In implementation
- (Jose) Configuration of batch import (via CSV) for Entities - Already a CSV import available, but can only link entities in CSV to existing entities (in the system). Need to decide how to represent relations in CSV. - In implementation
- (Mark) Permissions on Relations (who has permissions to add/modify/delete relations) - Currently, if you have Edit permissions on the Entity, then you can edit/delete any relationships to/from that Entity. (NEEDS DISCUSSION)
- (Fernando) Deleting objects with Relations (How or should deletion propagate between closely related objects, e.g. delete entire Journal) - Currently, deleting a relation just decouples the two Entities. E.g. If you delete a Person entity, that Person may no longer be listed on any Publications it is linked to (may want to copy info over after deletion). - Discussed on Aug 6
- Relates to GDPR
- (Alexander) AIP Backup & Restore (of Entities)*
- Dynamic display of Relations - determine automatically how a list of entities displayed on an Item page (list vs search). Currently hardcoded based on entity type (in item page template). Want to make it configurable/dynamic. (NEEDS DISCUSSION)
- SWORD integration (submission of Entities via SWORD) - Uses same format as AIP. Once AIP is implemented, SWORD should be easy.
- OpenAIRE v4 implementation using Entities* - Brought up in Steering. Possibly just an OAI-PMH configuration which maps Entity metadata fields to OpenAIRE v4
- ORCID integration with Entities (for Person Entities). (Related to #15)
- Best Practices around Entities in Collections. We've suggested in the Preview Release to structure Collections based on Entity Type (Person Collection, Projects Collection, etc). We should better document and formalize these best practices. Can we hide these Collections which only serve to store Entity Type.
- The ability of pick the proper affiliation of a Person for a specific context. DSpace should address this use case to allow the user to describe something like in this document http://repositorium.sdum.uminho.pt/bitstream/1822/46268/1/1-s2.0-S1877050917302788.pdf regarding the authors and affiliations. You have different persons, each can belong to an institution at the time of that publication. The affiliation shouldn't be changed afterwards. And the user should be able to pick the proper one if an Author has more than one. (PER discussion on July 16, this is lower priority and may be more likely to be implemented in DSpace 8)
(REQUIRED) Deeper dive discussion into how Entities will work with Authority Control, and how ORCID integration will work (as ORCID integrates with Authority Control). Some useful resources: (NEEDS DISCUSSION - On agenda on Aug 27)