Date & Location
at 15:00 UTC (11:00am EST)
Join from PC, Mac, Linux, iOS or Android: https://duraspace.zoom.us/my/dspace (Meeting ID: 502 527 3040)
Actual attendee list will be updated after meeting.
- Tim Donohue - DuraSpace
- Pascal-Nicolas Becker - The Library Code
- Alexander Sulfrian - Freie Universität Berlin
- Lieven Droogmans - Atmire
- Ben Bosman - Atmire
- Paulo Lopes - FCT|FCCN
- Mark H. Wood - IUPUI
- Paulo Graça- FCT|FCCN
- Jose Carvalho - University of Minho
- Heather Greer Klein - DuraSpace
- Dimitris Pierrakos - ARC/OpenAIRE
- Oliver Goldschmidt - Hamburg University of Technology (TUHH)
Any additional topics to today's agenda
Updates from the OpenAIREv4 sub-team on recent discussions / work.
|3||20mins||Name variants / Relationships in Submission||Updates / Proposals for how to potentially implement name variants & Relationships in Submission UI.||Atmire|
|4||10mins||Discussion of Task #7|
Dig a bit deeper on this task. What is possible for DSpace 7?
|5||5mins||Wrap-up and Assigning tasks||Tim|
Tickets to Resolve
- All JIRA tickets tagged with "Configurable Entities": https://jira.duraspace.org/issues/?jql=project%20%3D%20DS%20AND%20component%20%3D%20%22Configurable%20Entities%22
- Critical Tickets: https://jira.duraspace.org/browse/DS-4244?jql=project%20%3D%20DS%20AND%20priority%20%3D%20Critical%20AND%20component%20%3D%20%22Configurable%20Entities%22
- Major Tickets: https://jira.duraspace.org/browse/DS-4241?jql=project%20%3D%20DS%20AND%20priority%20%3D%20Major%20AND%20component%20%3D%20%22Configurable%20Entities%22
PRs Needing Review
- (NEW) (Rest Contract) (Entities) Rename properties and support for name variants: https://github.com/DSpace/Rest7Contract/pull/67 (Tim Donohue, Paulo Graça)
- (Angular) (Entities) Deleting relationships: https://github.com/DSpace/dspace-angular/pull/402 (Paulo Graça , Tim Donohue )
- (Angular) (Entities) One-sided relationship filtering and refactoring https://github.com/DSpace/dspace-angular/pull/430 (Ben Bosman, Paulo Graça )
- (Angular) (Entities) Grid templates for entity types https://github.com/DSpace/dspace-angular/pull/433 (Paulo Graça, Alexander Sulfrian )
- (NEW) (Angular) (Entities) Search Performance optimizations https://github.com/DSpace/dspace-angular/pull/437
PRs Merged this week!
- (REST Contract) (Entities) Support for defining relationship lookups in the submission forms https://github.com/DSpace/Rest7Contract/pull/64
This list was roughly prioritized in the meeting on May 23, 2019 (just before OR2019). The prioritization below may change, but it gives a high level overview of what still needs to be done. NOTE: Keep in mind, just because an item is listed here does NOT guarantee it will be completed for DSpace 7. Some of these tasks may need to be delayed for a future release.
- (Lieven, Ben, Tim, Fernando, Jose, Mark, Oliver, Paulo) Submission integration (creating Entities & relations using the Item submission process) - Mockups already created by Paulo previously.
- (Lieven, Ben, Tim, Jose, Oliver, Paulo) Which metadata fields should be used for each Entity type. (DS-4223).
- (Lieven, Ben, Tim, Mark) Additional data for relations (essentially "metadata" or labels on relations) - Related to many other features / use cases.
- (Oliver, Paulo) Author name variants - Not currently implemented
- (Jose) Configuration of batch import (via CSV) for Entities - Already a CSV import available, but can only link entities in CSV to existing entities (in the system). Need to decide how to represent relations in CSV.
- (Mark) Permissions on Relations (who has permissions to add/modify/delete relations) - Currently, if you have Edit permissions on the Entity, then you can edit/delete any relationships to/from that Entity.
- (Fernando) Deleting objects with Relations (How or should deletion propagate between closely related objects, e.g. delete entire Journal) - Currently, deleting a relation just decouples the two Entities. E.g. If you delete a Person entity, that Person may no longer be listed on any Publications it is linked to (may want to copy info over after deletion).
- Relates to GDPR
- (Alexander) AIP Backup & Restore (of Entities)*
- Dynamic display of Relations - determine automatically how a list of entities displayed on an Item page (list vs search). Currently hardcoded based on entity type (in item page template). Want to make it configurable/dynamic.
- SWORD integration (submission of Entities via SWORD) - Uses same format as AIP. Once AIP is implemented, SWORD should be easy.
- OpenAIRE v4 implementation using Entities* - Brought up in Steering. Possibly just an OAI-PMH configuration which maps Entity metadata fields to OpenAIRE v4
- ORCID integration with Entities (for Person Entities).
- Best Practices around Entities in Collections. We've suggested in the Preview Release to structure Collections based on Entity Type (Person Collection, Projects Collection, etc). We should better document and formalize these best practices. Can we hide these Collections which only serve to store Entity Type.
- The ability of pick the proper affiliation of a Person for a specific context. DSpace should address this use case to allow the user to describe something like in this document http://repositorium.sdum.uminho.pt/bitstream/1822/46268/1/1-s2.0-S1877050917302788.pdf regarding the authors and affiliations. You have different persons, each can belong to an institution at the time of that publication. The affiliation shouldn't be changed afterwards. And the user should be able to pick the proper one if an Author has more than one. (PER discussion on July 16, this is lower priority and may be more likely to be implemented in DSpace 8)
- OpenAIRE v4 subteam updates (slides from Jose)
- Slides: https://docs.google.com/presentation/d/1G7JGRHq-qgQ44GSr3guBEUEQTb2-6JjKKsQ0-cPGkBM/edit#slide=id.p
- Main DSpace areas of impact of OpenAIREv4 guidelines
- Input (input-forms, sword, batch edit/import, APIs, etc)
- Management (CRUD, new metadata schemas)
- Output (OAI-PMH mainly, but also metadata export, APIs, etc.
- Entities for OpenAIREv4
- Person (Author)
- Project (Funding)
- Publisher? (optional, may not be out-of-box)
- Showed off implementation on DSpace 5, which is based more on authority control system.
- Person from ORCID
- Publisher via Sherpa Romeo
- Custom OAI-PMH schema with metadataPrefix=oai_openaire
- DSpace 7 development
- change the way funding info is presented & shared (to be developed by Dimitris)
- Using OpenAIRE API to pull in Project (Funding) entities. (Seems similar to pulling in People via ORCID)
- Proposal Doc for DSpace 7: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1mUrtxbVMhCmp18doZ2kavZAAJ2LMemmeiYPPC6O13LU/edit#heading=h.rawa427qeqea
- TODO: For next week's discussion. Read doc concentrating on R1 and R2
- Name variants & Relationships in Submission UI.
- Lieven demoed early screenshots (Relations in submission forms and author name variants)
- Lots of discussion of how this would work with existing Authority Control & ORCID integration → Tabled for next week
- How would permissions on name variants work? May depend on where name variants are stored....are they metadata on a Person? Are they labels on Relationships pointing at a Person?
Any assigned actions will appear here, along with details of who they are assigned to.