from 14:00-15:00 UTC
Location: https://duraspace.zoom.us/my/dspace (Meeting ID: 502 527 3040).
- More connection options available at DSpace Meeting Room
(15 mins) Developer Stand Up - Developers give brief updates on their effort (or their team's effort).
- Update/see "Current Work" section below based on your status. Please feel free to update prior to meeting.
- Please highlight any new work (needing reviews/testing), any blockers (for you), and any discussion topics you may have.
- (30 mins) General Discussion Topics
- (Topic #1) Short mention from Andrea Bollini (4Science)about the strategy to adopt to manage relations (entities) in the submission. The expectation is to enhance/update the workspaceitem endpoint as required but to don't use directly the item endpoint (i.e. /api/core/items/:uuid/relations). As soon a design document/PR/idea is ready Andrea Bollini (4Science)will be happy to provide feedback, please just ping
- (Topic #2) (Used time for a deeper discussion of outstanding PR)
- Improved Estimation Strategy for Beta release. (Estimates should include time for discussion / code reviews, also should be done by multiple developers)
- (15 mins) Planning for next week
- Assigning PRs for Review
- Next tasks from Development Planning Spreadsheet
- Mark H. Wood
- Giuseppe Digilio (4Science)
- Ben Bosman
- Pascal-Nicolas Becker
- Chris Wilper
- Terrence W Brady
- Pablo Prieto
- Paulo Graça
- Bill Tantzen
Tickets / PRs In Progress
- (Angular) Adding Accessibility via Travis CI https://github.com/DSpace/dspace-angular/pull/356 (work in progress) (Lower priority)
- https://github.com/DSpace/dspace-angular/issues/368 ( Art Lowel (Atmire) ) (Angular Bug)
- (REST Contract) Edit Homepage news: https://github.com/DSpace/Rest7Contract/pull/45 (Ben Bosman - has outstanding questions/comments) (Lower priority)
- (REST) DS-4043: Revisit the security layer of the submission (work in progress) Andrea Bollini (4Science)
- https://github.com/DSpace/Rest7Contract/pull/41 (Waiting on updates fromBen Bosman ) (REST Contract) Group and eperson management:
- https://github.com/DSpace/DSpace/pull/2406 (Waiting for confirmation of proposed approach by Andrea Bollini (4Science) from Kevin Van de Velde (Atmire) and any other interested/available ) (REST) Pagination issues on Items findAll -
- (Backend) DS-4257: Renaming "dspace-spring-rest" to "dspace-server" (Tim Donohue). (Timeline: Not likely to be completed until after OR2019)
(NEW) (Angular) Shibboleth Login https://github.com/DSpace/dspace-angular/pull/417 (there are Travis CI errors)
- (Angular) Transfer to .po message format - Initial PR: https://github.com/DSpace/dspace-angular/pull/366 (Paulo Graça, Tim Donohue , Art Lowel (Atmire) )
PRs Needing Review
- (REST Contract) Collecting statistics - https://github.com/DSpace/Rest7Contract/pull/63 (Dimitris Pierrakos, Andrea Bollini (4Science) - changes requested, Ben Bosman )
- (REST) Item Mapper functionality: https://github.com/DSpace/DSpace/pull/2282 ( Tim Donohue , Ben Bosman - resolve merge conflicts)
- (REST) (Entities) DS-4223 Metadata Schemas for configurable entities https://github.com/DSpace/DSpace/pull/2443 (Paulo Graça , Mark H. Wood )
- (Higher priority) (REST) [DS-4266] bitstream format registry https://github.com/DSpace/DSpace/pull/2442 (Ben Bosman, Andrea Bollini (4Science) - changes requested)
- (REST) Pagination bug with withdrawn items: https://github.com/DSpace/DSpace/pull/2406 (Dimitris Pierrakos , Ben Bosman - Feedback provided)
- (REST) [DS-4298] changed the PathVariable for the upload method: https://github.com/DSpace/DSpace/pull/2467 (Ben Bosman , Tim Donohue )
- (Angular) (Entities) Deleting relationships: https://github.com/DSpace/dspace-angular/pull/402 (Paulo Graça - will test again, Tim Donohue )
- (Angular) Selectable Themes. https://github.com/DSpace/dspace-angular/pull/419 (Paulo Graça , Tim Donohue, tested by Laura Henze)
- (Angular) (Entities) DS-4223 Metadata Schemas for configurable entities https://github.com/DSpace/dspace-angular/pull/420 (Paulo Graça , Tim Donohue)
- (Angular) Configurable browse-by https://github.com/DSpace/dspace-angular/pull/421 (closes #361) ( Tim Donohue , Paulo Graça ,Giuseppe Digilio (4Science)approved )
- (Angular) Move Item Component: https://github.com/DSpace/dspace-angular/pull/335 (Giuseppe Digilio (4Science), NEEDS SECOND REVIEWER)
- (Angular) Item-Collection Mapper: https://github.com/DSpace/dspace-angular/pull/348 (NEEDS REVIEWERS)
- Uses DSpace PR#2282 (see above)
- (Angular) Add missing ResourcePolicyService: https://github.com/DSpace/dspace-angular/pull/427 (Giuseppe Digilio (4Science) , changes requestedArt Lowel (Atmire))
- (Angular) Shibboleth integration support (WORK IN PROGRESS): https://github.com/DSpace/dspace-angular/pull/429 (Julius is looking for feedback/help) (Giuseppe Digilio (4Science) needs a rebase of branch , Fernando FCT/FCCN - does this PR really have more than 1600 files changed?)
- (Backend) Upgrading to Handle Server v9: https://github.com/DSpace/DSpace/pull/2394 (Mark H. Wood, Ben Bosman )
- (Backend) Update email templates to use Velocity (for richer, powerful templates): https://github.com/DSpace/DSpace/pull/1992 (Chris Wilper , Tim Donohue, Art Lowel (Atmire) )
- (Merge on/around July 19th) (Backend) One Webapp Phase 2: Rename "dspace-spring-rest" to "dspace-server-webapp": https://github.com/DSpace/DSpace/pull/2459 (Mark H. Wood, Alexander Sulfrian, Terrence W Brady)
PRs Merged this week!
- (REST Contract) upload bitstream to archived item - https://github.com/DSpace/Rest7Contract/pull/61
- (REST Contract) Document need to escape special characters - https://github.com/DSpace/Rest7Contract/pull/58
- (REST) Some minor code cleanup in the tests: https://github.com/DSpace/DSpace/pull/2448
- (REST) (Entities) Relationship search by label: https://github.com/DSpace/DSpace/pull/2450
- (REST) (Entities) DS-4244 Add configurable entities unit tests https://github.com/DSpace/DSpace/pull/2446
- (REST) DS-4210 Deposit on collection without workflow seems to fail (405 but succeed): https://github.com/DSpace/DSpace/pull/2429
- (REST) Updating Owning Collections (Moving Items between collections): https://github.com/DSpace/DSpace/pull/2283
- (Backend) Minor dependency updates to "master": https://github.com/DSpace/DSpace/pull/2425
- (Backend) Our extensive EHCache configuration is ignored: https://github.com/DSpace/DSpace/pull/2397
- (Blocked PRs go here)
Delayed / Needs Discussion
- Initial Performance Testing from Chris. Needs detailed discussion in a future meeting
- (REST Contract) Edit Homepage News: https://github.com/DSpace/Rest7Contract/pull/45
- Delayed until after Preview release. General agreement (in meeting on March 21, 2019) that storing HTML in metadata fields is not really ideal behavior. Metadata (from a librarian standpoint) tends to be free of format-related markup (as that allows for easier sharing, understanding of metadata. Currently Community & Collection homepage information is HTML-based and is stored in metadata that is appropriate for a minor subset of information (like the title) but it is better to move large/rich text to bitstreams.
- Proposal here is to consider storing HTML-based markup (for Site, Community & Collection homepages) in Bitstream(s) associated with the object in question. May allow for more CMS-lite behavior in the future
- Timeline for this is uncertain. Possibly in 7 or 8. May depend on how/whether it can be scoped.
- (REST) Scripts & Processes endpoint: https://github.com/DSpace/Rest7Contract/pull/17
- Concurrency in DSpace 7 (or 8). What do we want to do when multiple editors are editing the same object? Needs further analysis regarding implementation details
- We've decided (in meeting on March 7, 2019) to use ETags to implement concurrency. REST Contract notes on ETags: https://github.com/DSpace/Rest7Contract#etags--conditional-headers
- ETags only update of the two fields match. If someone edits first, your edit would fail and you would get a fail response (422?)
- ETags seems to have broader support in other REST APIs. Recommended also by both Art and Andrea.
Not discussed much, but could there be opportunities to use Travis CI + Docker Compose for testing of Angular??
- Docs: https://docs.travis-ci.com/user/docker/#using-docker-compose
- Blogpost on how to do it: http://elliot.land/post/using-docker-compose-on-travis-ci
- An example travis.yml file: https://github.com/Ortus-Solutions/docker-buildfiles/blob/master/.travis.example.yml
- Most of meeting involved a detailed walkthrough/assignment of outstanding PRs (in order to move them forward ASAP). Notes are inline above.