- older action items, recruiting, institutional categories
TS: at IIIF, glad to see lots of people talking about persistence in different ways, eg, remote and local; one group doing end user assessment in DHumanities strongly requires local copies of files; maybe one way to reach them is via "personal digital archiving"
upcoming meetings, calls for papers, submission deadlines
|TS: strongly recommend we do a lightning talk to iPres|
ACTION: John to propose a proposal, eg, "tech spec changes" (Roxana's topic); Tracy happy to co-present
MG: given conference fatigue, a lightning talk could be just as effective as a longer paper
|They were listing n2t.net for ARK info instead of arks.org.|
duty roster of folks from all working groups to deal with contact form and firstname.lastname@example.org email
|TS: For support questions, is there a way to engage the ARKs forum in the answers; hard to see a duty roster working for Outreach|
JK: the June 22 example feeds into the basic question, which is in the FAQ category
TS: people who are building local minters and resolvers could answer some of the harder tech questions -- can we recruit some of them to join a working group?
ACTION: ask Tech WG about tech respondents to general tech inquiries
MG: summer may not be the best time to recruit, but could work to send recruitment drive message to Outreach and ARKs-forum
TS: has there ever been a meeting of all the groups? sometimes it's fuzzy what our group is "reaching out" about; it would help to learn what the other groups are doing at an "all hands" meeting
- Association (only one)
- Bank (only one)
- Construction (only one)
- Education : all organizations which have pedagogical content and which are not university
- Government agency
- IT : organisations that offer services related to new technologies and software
- Law (only one)
- Media : journalism, TV, press agencies ...
- Music : only 3, maybe we can put it in others categories
- Research : all institutes, laboratories and foundations that are not universities
JK: interested in saving this work for later consideration on how to take advantage of it
ACTION: TS to work on simplifying the list
|Other||TS: how to do branding; some people want branding|
MG: why? can it be solved by education rather than branding change?
JK: frequently asked question, with two-part answer
- John Kunze review N2T to link it more strongly arks.org; especially the https://n2t.net/e/ark_ids.html page
- John Kunze Tracy Seneca propose iPRES lightning talk, eg, "tech spec changes" (Roxana's topic)
- John Kunze ask Tech WG about tech respondents to general tech inquiries
- Tracy Seneca to work on simplifying the institutional type list