- Review objectives and and establish priorities, workplan, subgroups (if any), etc.
Review WG objectives:
Announcement; the NAAN registry moved from www.cdlib.org to n2t.net this week, with redirects in place to keep the old links stable.
|15m||Review relevant Experts Day meeting results||JK|
|5m||Review of new RuffGUIDe counting method||JK|
|25m||Discussion: priorities, who is available to work, possibility of subgroups, recruitment of new members, ...||All|
2. NAAN Procedures.
John has shared documentation with Bertrand
Bertrand: often when institution requests NAAN, don’t have a resolver; no current mechanism to update entry when resolver available; needed
3. COUNTING ARKS.
Will have some dependencies on NAAN work
Tom: we have over 3 billion ARKs; to cut down on mis-use, you need an account (but it's free)
|10m||Per-objective Leaders? Are objectives pursued in parallel or in sequence?||All|
Consensus of group is that first focus should be on finalizing specification and getting it published and through IETF procedures
- Curtis and Tom will review the Notes from ARK "Experts" meetings in 2018 over the next 2 weeks
- Bertrand will post link to discussions about URI compatibility and other issues that came out of discussion of proposed specification changes and AITO initiative
- all will review proposed changes from ARKs Experts day; we will proceed by clearing the deck of “small” problems; then focus on the knottier ones (EG URI vs. browser compatibility)
everyone in the WG will confirm that the N2T resolver works for their entry in the NAAN registry
- John will start to document current NAAN procedures