- Carol Minton Morris (chair, DuraSpace)
- Bram Luyten (Atmire) (may occasionally sit in)
- Mariya Maistrovskaya (University of Toronto)
- Felicity Dykas (University of Missouri)
- Jose Carvalho (University of Minho)
- Nelson Torres (University of Minho)
- Tom Hutchinson <email@example.com>
- Sarah Molloy (Queen Mary University of London)
- Agustina Martinez
- Arthur Smith
- Tim Donohue
- Andrea Bollini (4Science)
- Michele Mennielli (DuraSpace)
- Lieven Droogmans (Atmire)
- May 9 at 11:00 AM ET on https://duraspace.zoom.us/my/dspace
- Convening efforts to reach out and deeply engage the DSpace community in the aspects of DSpace 7 development.
- Due to Open Repositories the next meeting will be June 20, 2018 11:00 AM EDT in the Zoom DSpace Meeting Room Join from PC, Mac, Linux, iOS or Android: https://duraspace.zoom.us/my/dspace Note:
|Announcements or news to share||Carol|
• Debra Hanken Kurtz will leave her post as CEO at DuraSpace to serve as the Associate University Librarian for Technology Services at Arizona State University Library. As of June 1, Erin Tripp, Business Development Manager at DuraSpace, will serve as the Interim Chief Executive Officer. Valorie Hollister, DuraSpace Director of Membership and Finance, and Bill Branan, DuraSpace Services Technical Director, will assist Ms. Tripp with the transition: http://duraspace.org/debra-hanken-kurtz-duraspace-ceo-to-join-arizona-state-university-as-associate-university-librarian/
• The recording and slides from “The Future Will Be Open?” series kick-off webinar on May 17: “The 2.5% Commitment: Investing in Open” are now available.
• The schedule for the DuraSpace-euroCRIS Interoperability Event focused on interoperability between DSpace repository and CRIS systems on Wednesday, June 13, 2018 (in advance of the CRIS 2018 Conference in Umeå, Sweden) is now available: http://www.cris2018.se/schedule/
DSpace 7 Update
The DSpace Steering Group has been discussing whether to potentially expand the scope of DSpace 7 to include more new features such as support for storing things like Authors (to create Author Profile pages, like Bepress, etc), and some other objects that tend to be more CRIS-oriented.These ongoing discussions may mean that DSpace 7 is not *just* a new UI on existing features–what we have been focusing on for "What's in DSpace 7".
The Steering Group has another meeting scheduled to discuss further and work towards making a decision–not sure when this decision will be made. We might want to hold off on publishing "What's in DSpace 7" until this discussion completes --- we can still finalize the document, but may want to just hold it until entities work is finalized.
Full update and demo planned for OR in early June; the DSpace 7 tech team is small, browse and search completed; submission, in process. Tim will make slides available.
Steering Group has been discussing entities working group conclusions (DSpace Entities Working Group)—researcher profiles, groups, grants and funder info–would like to move this work forward into the DSpce 7 release, need additional funding and/or developers to build out a prototype.
Ran the first virtual spr4rint on DSpace 7 with 4 coaches and 8 developers from 9 institutions. Report here: DSpace 7 Community Sprint 1
Got 10 tickets done. Lots of new faces.
Successful in getting new people involved and engaged. Scheduling next one after Open Repositories Conference.
Working on segmenting out the entities work. Expect a statement from the DSpace 7 steering group prior to the Open Repositories Conference.
Waiting on a next steps statement from DSpace Steering Group
Discussion–2017 DSpace Annual Report
The Fedora Project Leadership Group recently published the Fedora 2017 Annual Report. A PDF of the report can be downloaded from the Fedora wiki.
Draft of 2017 DSpace Annual Report similar structure:
Cover - 1 page
Table of Contents - 1 page
Summary - 1 page
Membership - 1 page of text, plus map
Community Profiles - 1.75 pages
Progress on Key Initiatives - 1.25 pages
Events - 1 page, including a half-page photo
Contributions to the Annual Report - a few lines
Collective effort–steerers, DCAT, user groups, service providers–it is not too late, we will shoot for May in 2019 annual cycle based on 2018 structure
Tim keeps a running list of initiatives on the wiki; Strategic Planning
email to Steering, DCAT introducing Annual Report project and asking for help sent 5/22 text