Skip to end of metadata
Go to start of metadata

Date

Call-in Information

Time: 11:00 am, Eastern Time (New York, GMT-04:00)

To join the online meeting:

Slack

Development Process

Attendees

(star) Indicating note-taker

  1. Ralph O'Flinn
  2. Benjamin Gross
  3. Kitio Fofack
  4. Tim Worrall 
  5. Huda Khan 

  6. Mike Conlon 

  7. Steven McCauley 

  8. Marijane White
  9. Muhammad Javed (star)

  10. Jim Blake

  11. Qazi Asim Ijaz Ahmad

  12. Christian Hauschke

  13. Don Elsborg

  14. Andrew Woods

  15. Dong Joon (DJ) Lee

Agenda

  1. April Sprint (starts April 23)
  2. Post-1.10 technical priorities
    1. Decoupling elements of the architecture
    2. Clean API
    3. Integration testing
    4. ...
  3. Tickets being worked or considered?
    1. VIVO-1448 - Getting issue details... STATUS  
      1. Qazi Asim Ijaz Ahmad, are you working this ticket?
  4. Review and testing needed
    1. VIVO-1405 - Getting issue details... STATUS
      1. Awaiting one more reviewer... Ralph O'Flinn?
    2. VIVO-1408 - Getting issue details... STATUS
      1. Awaiting one more reviewer... Huda Khan?
    3. VIVO-1458 - Getting issue details... STATUS
      1. Reviewed by Sarbajit Dutta, need another reviewer
    4. VIVO-1373 - Getting issue details... STATUS
      1. Reviewed by Sarbajit Dutta, need another reviewer (addressed by VIVO-1458)
    5. VIVO-1435 - Getting issue details... STATUS
      1. Needs reviewers
    6. VIVO-1447 - Getting issue details... STATUS  
      1. Ontology team has been assigned to review... do they know that?

Meeting Notes

Draft notes in Google-Doc

Sprint Planning:

  • Wish to have lead for each task.  Tasks 3, 4,5: in the list of teams, put names of lead or co-leads.  

    • Task 1: Re-evaluating 1.10 branch.  Create a new release candidate from where we’ll test VIVO ontology lab pull request (link is on the page). This branch has organized ontology files and this pull request needs to be tested.  Need to test with real data.

      • Javed had tried to test VIVO instance (with pull request) with data.  JAR file is supposed to convert data from Jena2 to Jena3 but this transformation did not work for Javed.  This needs to be resolved before going into the sprint.

      • Lead request: Benjamin (for the whole task)

      • Mike to prepare documentation for release

    • Task 2: Elasticsearch.  Jim and Benjamin’s background knowledge seems necessary for getting any progress on this task.  Decision to move this task to the next sprint since Jim and Benjamin’s help needed with Task 1 and 1.10 release is a priority.

    • Multi-language support task: Kitio Fofack lead

  • Monday April 23rd: A sprint kickoff meeting where we go through exactly what tasks everyone will work on.  At the end, having a retrospective, what worked well and what could improve with respect to process.

Thinking beyond the Sprint 1:

  • Andrew: Bring different initiatives together so that they are coordinated. So that efforts are unified.

  • Don: consensus on ready-only? and use of Elastic Search.

  • Andrew: Align our efforts of ontology group, development group and product evolution group.

  • Andrew: Refactoring, de-coupling to move forward ?

  • Huda: Yes. Try to articulate the problem first before we jump to the solutions. We need to clearly think about the problems. Why did each institution go their own way to address the problems? It is a layer before we even talk about the design. Search Index discussion is interesting but we need to go back to the core problem “how we can get the data out from VIVO easily” is important.

  • Andrew: Analyzing what are the workaround institutions have made and why, should be informing for our future work.

  • Jim: Talking about JSON output, I would love to see an example how that JSON look like. Easily can create JSON or JSON-LD.  Don: Uploaded an example on Slack.

JIRA Tickets:

  • Asim: Looking for some input from Jim. Asim will schedule a meeting to quickly go through about the task. Andrew is interested as well.

  • Few tasks will be moved to the next developers meeting.

  • Ontology file JIRA ticket  #1447 will be covered in the Sprint 1.

Action items

  • Type your task here, using "@" to assign to a user and "//" to select a due date

Recent JIRA Tickets

    1. Tickets created in the last 30 days:

       Click here to expand...

      T Key Summary Assignee Reporter P Status Resolution Created Updated Due
      Loading...
      Refresh

    2. Tickets resolved in the last 30 days:

       Click here to expand...

      T Key Summary Assignee Reporter P Status Resolution Created Updated Due
      Loading...
      Refresh

    3. Bugs

       Click here to expand...

      T Key Summary Assignee Reporter P Status Resolution Created Updated Due
      Loading...
      Refresh