Initially from the whiteboard, 1/30/14
- Harvard HOLLIS
- LibraryCloud enhanced MARC
- SUL catalog
- CUL catalog
Thesis records (a good opportunity to link to persons)
use case: when does something in SearchWorks have a Stanford author?
Faculty profile data
- Harvard profiles (Faculty Finder?)
- LibraryCloud – usage
- Cornell circulation data
- Stanford circulation data
- Supplementary online circ data?
- Open Library?
- Project Gutenberg?
- LibraryThing book mentions in their online conversations (They were willing to give LibraryCloud that info)
- At the component level? (Harvard has a project doing this.)
- Cornell eCommons
- Harvard DRS
- One source at Harvard says that all items in DRS are also in the HOLLIS catalog, but we think that's not quite right
- There may or may not be useful metadata in DRS about the items (even if they're in HOLLIS), but DRS metadata tends to be quite operational: info about page scans for use by page-turning software, etc.
- Arbitrary OAI-PMH
- Possible Harvard collections to pull in:
- Emily Dickinson
- Colonial North America (which also has EAD component metadata)
- VIA/Olivia/Shared Shelf
- plug in any AO
Curated information and annotations
- Cornell's CULLR
- DMS (Stanford digital manuscripts)
- LibGuides (Cornell and Stanford at least)
Subjects & Authorities
- NYTimes subjects (entity resolution)
- LC Classification Codes (LCC)
- LibraryCloud has a working API to serve these up
- researcher ids
- Social Networking in Archival Context
- encoding of EACCPF
- OCLC researcher networking group – roughly 30 sources
- geographic locations
- Getty placenames thesaurus