Page tree
Skip to end of metadata
Go to start of metadata

Developers Meeting on Weds, December 5, 2012

Agenda

Regular Items

  • Forgoing JIRA review for now to spend time on 3.0 & Testathon. Specific JIRA tickets can be brought up as needed.

Discussion Topics

  1. 3.0 Release
    1. Anyone working on their upgrade yet?  Any issues to note?
    2. Plan for 3.1 (issues scheduled for 3.1)
    3. pull #91, DS-1272 - Getting issue details... STATUS  This didn't happen, right? Why? We were talking about making it default for both XMLUI and JSPUI. ~~helix84
      1. Tim notes the comments in Pull #91 say it didn't happen (was actually rolled back) because it caused Unit Tests to fail.  Sounds like Unit Testing system doesn't run Solr by default and likely needs updates to do so.
    4. Versioning: next steps; defining the AIP format.
      1.   DS-1382 - Getting issue details... STATUS
      2. DS-1349 - Getting issue details... STATUS
  2. DSpace Committer & DCAT joint meeting on "DSpace Future Directions"
    1. What are committers planning to work on during the 4.0 cycle? Let's work together from early on. ~~helix84
    2. One big thing to come out of these discussions seems to be the need for a stable REST-API.  Anyone willing to help out in that area or review the work of Hedtek & Wijiti? ~~ tdonohue
      1. https://github.com/hedtek/dspace-rest
      2. https://github.com/wijiti/dspace-rest-api

        The Hedtek version is meant for read-only access, but they say it's heavily optimized for performance. The Wijiti version has been active more recently. I suggested them to work together to unite the codebases, but Hedtek says they're unlikely to be actively cooperating with Wijiti (see details in the last messages of this thread: http://dspace.2283337.n4.nabble.com/REST-API-td4659574.html). I think we should merge the Wijiti codebase and suggest them to pick anything from Hedtek that they think would be useful. ~~helix84
  3. Other topics?

Additional Ongoing Topics

  1. How can we "catch up" with JIRA Backlog?
    • Do we need to "split up" the tickets & do quick reviews on our own? Or perhaps just split up tickets & do a very quick ranking & schedule ones with patches for 3.0?
    • Perhaps we schedule a "JIRA Backlog Bash" event (via IRC or similar) where we work together to decrease the backlog over a few days or a week (think of this like a "Test-a-thon" but instead we'd be working to just clear out the backlog as best we can).
  2. Brainstorming Features/Changes for future. Can we work towards development teams around any of these projects?

Individual Status Updates

If you have status items to report, please enter them below at least 1 hour before the meeting starts.

Meeting Notes

Meeting Transcript

Action Items

(Action items go here, if any)

  • No labels