The DSpace System Documentation is available from our list of DSpace Resources.
- Major code reorganisation: See Simple add-on mechanism
- Apache Maven-based build system
- sitemaps.org and HTML SiteMap support
- Event publish/subscribe system: See prototype
- Manakin, Cocoon-based UI framework
- 'Lightweight' Network Interface (LNI)
Timeline and Proceeding
Please assign yourself to the trackers on SF and put anything you want to get done in the wiki.
- 13th Feb - Release Beta 1 (Completed)
- 18th to 22nd Feb - DSpace 1.5 DSpace Release 1.5.0 Testathon Page (Completed)
- 10th March - Release Beta 2 (Completed)
- 24th March - Release DSpace 1.5 (Completed)
If you want to provide a test instance for 1.5 development, check out code from the 1.5x branch:
General Major Changes
- Code Reorganization (including new Maven based build system)
- Addon/Event Mechanism
- New Browse System
- Configurable Submission System
Release Critical Bugs
These are the bugs that must be fixed before we can release the next version of DSpace.
- SF #1899958 User appears logged in when not logged in
- SF #1899793 Windows install documentation
- SF #1898575 Maven build for language packs
- SF #1897804 non-administrator unable to create subcommunity
- SF #1896266 Upgrade 1.4.2->1.5 Oracle errors database_schema_142-15.sql
- SF #1896183 Special characters in xmlui
- SF #1903932 language-packs native2ascii
1.5.0 Has the following issues that will/should be corrected in 1.5.1
- the generated dspace/modules/sword webapp is missing lib files (show stopper)
- Some of the dspace/modules/<projects> need to have dependencies added to their poms to ease customization of java classes (not a show stopper)
- DSpace Statistics system does not work with Manakin UI (should it? Not sure...)
- Documentation is being updated to reflect this version. A word/pdf manual is being created and should be available by Mid May. We are searching for ways to post this document in on the wiki, for editing and re-assembly into a printable format. The documentation coordination is being driven by the foundation.
See DSpace Release 1.5.1 Notes for the next minor release cycle...