Time: 11:00 am, Eastern Time (New York, GMT-04:00)
To join the online meeting:
- Go to: https://lyrasis.zoom.us/my/vivo1
One tap mobile:
US: +16699006833,,9358074182# or +19292056099,,9358074182#
US: +1 669 900 6833 or +1 929 205 6099 or 877 853 5257
Meeting ID: 935 807 4182
International numbers available: https://zoom.us/u/aeANHanzED
- Benjamin Gross
- Nicolas Dickner
- Huda Khan
- Don Elsborg
- Rachid Belkouch
- William Welling
- Andrew Woods
- Alexander (Sacha) Jerabek
- Brian Lowe
- Ralph O'Flinn
- Mini-sprint focused on VIVO committer review/refactor
- Scheduling VIVO Scholar technical iteration meetings
- Moving priorities forward: Data ingest
- Renaming of 'master' branch? (ZDNet, BBC)
- DSpace has done it
- Fedora has done it
- Vitro JMS messaging approaches - redux
- Which architectural pattern should we take?
- What should the body of the messages be?
- Incremental development initiatives
Status of In-Review ticketsClick here to expand...
T Key Summary Assignee Reporter P Status Resolution Created Updated Due
Mini-sprint focused on VIVO committer review/refactor
- Where did things land?
- Understanding changes. Heading in the right direction.
- Follow-on sprint(s)
- Number of blockers still in progress. Andrew will put out a Doodle poll for sprint in August.
The tale of the undesired langString data type
- Pull request merged: https://github.com/vivo-project/Vitro/pull/175 .
- Relates to backend individual and label editing form (JSP land).
- Message on email list: https://groups.google.com/d/msg/vivo-tech/bjBcAJo8ldE/kOyLHoFnCQAJ refers to not being able to edit language-tagged label in 1.10 UI so had to use the backend JSP.
Scheduling VIVO Scholar technical iteration meetings
- How to move VIVO Scholar forward? Coordinate technical conversation on how to bring back into the core. Parallel conversation in leadership board. Doug will bring up during the next leadership call.
- May require its own call to go into depth. Architectural? Technical design?
- Proposal 1: VIVO natively populates its Solr index in a way that VIVO Scholar is able to consume.
- Any benefit of having multiple Solr instances? Not necessarily. Could host multiple collections in a single Solr instance. Avoid multiple indexing methods/strategies. Analyze how VIVO core indexes and how VIVO Scholar indexes and attempt normalizing to be done only by VIVO code.
- Priority? Messaging or homonogize indexes?
- Attempt to deliver concrete features and avoid generalization that may take too long to design and develop.
- May require investigation for level of effort to produce collection by VIVO code and consume by VIVO Scholar.
- Proposal 2: Messaging first and synchronizing VIVO Scholar.
- Initial exploration to see how configurable VIVO core indexing and evaluate possibility to extract indexing into a separate module.
- Follow up meeting to better understand VIVO core and VIVO Scholars to assist in next decision steps.
- Brian shared this link: https://wiki.lyrasis.org/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=68059316