Skip to end of metadata
Go to start of metadata

Date

Call-in Information

Time: 11:00 am, Eastern Time (New York, GMT-04:00)

To join the online meeting:

Slack

Attendees

(star)  Indicating note-taker

  1. Benjamin Gross 
  2. Nicolas Dickner 
  3. Huda Khan 
  4. Don Elsborg 
  5. Rachid Belkouch
  6. William Welling (star)
  7. Andrew Woods
  8. Alexander (Sacha) Jerabek
  9. Brian Lowe
  10. Ralph O'Flinn

Agenda

  1. Mini-sprint focused on VIVO committer review/refactor
    1. Where did things land?
    2. Tickets
      1. VIVO-1905 - Getting issue details... STATUS
      2. VIVO-1906 - Getting issue details... STATUS
      3. VIVO-1907 - Getting issue details... STATUS
      4. VIVO-1908 - Getting issue details... STATUS
    3. Follow-on sprint(s)
  2. Scheduling VIVO Scholar technical iteration meetings
  3. Moving priorities forward: Data ingest
    1. Task force!
      1. Deliverables?
      2. What are the use cases?
    2. Tools:
      1. RML-Mapper
      2. Ingest Tools - Who Is Using What
    3. Entities (scholars-discovery model) (fly-in discussion):
      1. Person, Grant, Publication, Authorship, ...
  4. Renaming of 'master' branch? (ZDNet, BBC)
    1. DSpace has done it
    2. Fedora has done it

Future topics

  1. Vitro JMS messaging approaches - redux
    1. Which architectural pattern should we take?
    2. What should the body of the messages be?
  2. Incremental development initiatives
    1. VIVO-1688 - Getting issue details... STATUS
    2. VIVO-1751 - Getting issue details... STATUS
    3. Integration test opportunities with the switch to TDB - requires startup/shutdown of external Solr ..via Maven
      1. VIVO-1752 - Getting issue details... STATUS

Tickets

  1. Status of In-Review tickets

    T Key Summary Assignee Reporter P Status Resolution Created Updated Due
    Loading...
    Refresh

Notes 

Draft notes in Google-Doc 

Mini-sprint focused on VIVO committer review/refactor

  1. Where did things land?
    1. Understanding changes. Heading in the right direction. 
  2. Follow-on sprint(s)
    1. Number of blockers still in progress. Andrew will put out a Doodle poll for sprint in August. 

The tale of the undesired langString data type

  1. Pull request merged: https://github.com/vivo-project/Vitro/pull/175
  2. Relates to backend individual and label editing form (JSP land). 
  3. Message on email list: https://groups.google.com/d/msg/vivo-tech/bjBcAJo8ldE/kOyLHoFnCQAJ refers to not being able to edit language-tagged label in 1.10 UI so had to use the backend JSP. 

Scheduling VIVO Scholar technical iteration meetings

  1. How to move VIVO Scholar forward? Coordinate technical conversation on how to bring back into the core. Parallel conversation in leadership board. Doug will bring up during the next leadership call.
  2. May require its own call to go into depth. Architectural? Technical design? 
  3. Proposal 1: VIVO natively populates its Solr index in a way that VIVO Scholar is able to consume.
  4. Any benefit of having multiple Solr instances? Not necessarily. Could host multiple collections in a single Solr instance. Avoid multiple indexing methods/strategies. Analyze how VIVO core indexes and how VIVO Scholar indexes and attempt normalizing to be done only by VIVO code.
  5. Priority? Messaging or homonogize indexes?
  6. Attempt to deliver concrete features and avoid generalization that may take too long to design and develop. 
  7. May require investigation for level of effort to produce collection by VIVO code and consume by VIVO Scholar.
  8. Proposal 2: Messaging first and synchronizing VIVO Scholar.
  9. Initial exploration to see how configurable VIVO core indexing and evaluate possibility to extract indexing into a separate module.
  10. Follow up meeting to better understand VIVO core and VIVO Scholars to assist in next decision steps.
  11. Brian shared this link: https://wiki.lyrasis.org/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=68059316 

Actions

  •  



  • No labels