Page tree
Skip to end of metadata
Go to start of metadata

You are viewing an old version of this page. View the current version.

Compare with Current View Page History

« Previous Version 15 Current »


 from 15:00-16:00 UTC  (At end of March, this meeting will switch to 14:00 UTC)

Location: (Meeting ID: 502 527 3040).


  • (15 mins) Developer Stand Up - Developers give brief updates on their effort (or their team's effort).

    • Update/see "Current Work" section below based on your status. Please feel free to update prior to meeting.
    • Please highlight any new work (needing reviews/testing), any blockers (for you), and any discussion topics you may have.
  • (30 mins) General Discussion Topics
    1. Solr upgrade is ready to merge (already at +2).  Is everyone ready?
      1. This will affect developers (everyone needs to install Solr)
      2. This will also affect the demo REST API (next time it is updated)
    2. Finalizing the Workflow REST Endpoint PR:  Several key changes to the existing Discovery/Solr functionality.
      1. Creates a new interface "BrowsableObject" to represent anything indexable by Discovery/Solr (this used to require an object being an official `DSpaceObject`)
      2. Adds new Constants for object types "WORKSPACEITEM", "WORKFLOWITEM", "WORKFLOW_POOL", "WORKFLOW_CLAIMED".  These are NOT DSpaceObjects, but are new BrowsableObjects (as they will be indexed in Discovery for the MyDSpace & Workflow user interface)
      3. Changes the Discovery REST response format slightly – it no longer returns "dspaceObject", but now returns "resultObject" (as not all results are DSpaceObjects)
    3. (tentative. lower priority) Edit Homepage News:
      1. Reporting back on implementation suggestions/ideas.  Do we implement as metadata on the Site object (similar to Community/Collection news sections)?
    4. (add a discussion topic)
  • (15 mins) Planning for next week


Current Work

Legend for status icons

(blue star) = Highest Priority tasks (please prioritize these reviews/tasks over others). Currently this lists tasks/features that need to be completed for Preview Release.

(error) = review done (this week), changes were requested.

(tick) = review done, approved.

(warning) = review done, merge conflict or other minor changes requests

Tickets / PRs In Progress

  1. (Angular) Adding Accessibility via Travis CI (work in progress) (Lower priority)
  2. (blue star) (Angular) MyDSpace UI (work in progress) (Timeline: Should be ready by Feb 28, delayed  5th Marchdelayed  12th March due to sub optimal Search implementation, need to run against the updated MyDSpace REST API PR - Blocked until discussion around the MyDSpace Endpoint is solved see 2312 and
  3. (REST Contract) Edit Homepage news: (Ben Bosman  - has outstanding questions/comments) (Lower priority)
  4. (blue star) (REST) MyDSpace Endpoint (Andrea Bollini (4Science) - EARLY Reviews Needed. Reviewers: Ben BosmanTim Donohue  (everything in place, first review comments answered, ITs provided on the 3rd March ) on the 4Science repo against the 2312 PR
  5. (REST) Updating Owning Collections: (Kevin Van de Velde (Atmire)  - changes requested. Implementation doesn't align with contract) (Timeline: Should be ready a week after the entities are merged)
  6. (REST) Item Mapper functionality:  (Kevin Van de Velde (Atmire)  - changes requested. Implementation doesn't align with contract) (Timeline: Should be ready a week after the entities are merged)
  7. (blue star) Configurable Entities PRs for Angular & REST (coming soon from DSpace 7 Entities Working Group)

PRs Needing Review

  1. (warning) (REST Contract) Group and eperson management: (Waiting on updates from Ben Bosman )
  2. (attenzione) (blue star) (REST) Workflow Endpoint: (Tim Donohue , Ben Bosman Re-reviewed and additional feedback added., All change requests implemented - answers provided also for latest feedbacks) 
  3. (warning) (REST) EPerson profile PATCH functionality : (Andrea Bollini (4Science) , Tim Donohue .  This PR currently has merge conflicts & has outstanding feedback from Tom Desair)
  4. (blue star) (Angular) Submission implementation:  (Art Lowel (Atmire) , Paulo Graça - reviewed, Tim Donohue . This PR has outstanding feedback (namely code comments) to be applied.)
  5. (warning) (Angular) Transfer to .po message format - Initial PR: (Paulo Graça - changes requested, Tim Donohue , Art Lowel (Atmire)  - requested updates. Currently failing build.)
  6. (warning) (Angular) Context sensitive admin menus (Paulo Graça - issue reported & response/fix made by Lotte, Tim Donohue - approved)
  7. (Backend) One Webapp Backend - Initial PR: (Ben Bosman , Mark H. Wood )
    1. This PR will have a followup PR to rename the "dspace-spring-rest" webapp to "dspace-server" and update all URL configurations
  8. (Backend) Upgrading Solr Server for DSpace - Initial PR: (Terrence W Brady , Kim Shepherd , Art Lowel (Atmire))
    1. Might have an impact on MyDSpace PR (See "In Progress" section)?
    2. Docker changes to merge after this PR is merged:
  9. (blue star) (Docker) (Art Lowel (Atmire))

PRs Merged this week!

  1. (tick) (REST) Metadata PATCH support: 
  2. (tick) (REST) Fix bug where CORS Headers missing when Exception thrown:
  3. (tick) (Angular) Browse by date and Starts-With component:
    1. Outstanding usability issues logged as tickets #369 and #370, and the related REST API bug logged at DS-4186


  1. (Angular) Move Item Component:
    1. Blocked by DSpace PR#2283
  2. (Angular) Item-Collection Mapper:
    1. Blocked by DSpace PR#2282


  1. (REST) Scripts & Processes endpoint:
  2. Concurrency in DSpace 7 (or 8).  What do we want to do when multiple editors are editing the same object?  Needs further analysis regarding implementation details
    1. We've decided (in meeting on March 7, 2019) to use ETags to implement concurrency. REST Contract notes on ETags:
    2. ETags only update of the two fields match. If someone edits first, your edit would fail and you would get a fail response (422?)
    3. ETags seems to have broader support in other REST APIs.  Recommended also by both Art and Andrea.

Priorities for Preview Release

As discussed in previous DSpace 7 meetings, our DSpace 7 Preview release is aimed for end of March, followed by a Beta in May (before OR2019).  The top priorities for the Preview Release are (in this order):

  1. Submission & Workflow UI / backend
  2. Configurable Entities (from DSpace 7 Entities Working Group)
  3. Upgrading Solr Server for DSpace (not required for Preview, as there's no user facing features. However, the earlier we feel comfortable merging this effort the better)


  • No labels