Scope and Objectives
The regulations introduced by the European Union in the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) are still a concern for DSpace’s users worldwide. The DSpace Leadership Group therefore established a “DSpace GDPR Working Group” to ensure documented compliance with the GDPR regulations.
The goals of the DSpace GDPR Working Group are:
- to determine if and which changes are necessary for DSpace to become fully compliant with GDPR;
- to explore whether recommendations can be given about how to run DSpace in a GDPR compliant way (including recommendations for a data protection statement and regarding DSpace’s configuration);
- to enhance the DSpace manual/documentation with regard to the GDPR and data protection;
- to implement necessary code changes in cooperation with the DSpace committers.
The DSpace Leadership Group emphasizes that the working group will be more successful if its membership is a good balance between technologists/developers, librarians, and repository managers. If you're consider to volunteer for this working group you can always jump in. Please contact Pascal Becker from The Library Code GmbH (email@example.com).
Working Group Members
- Pascal-Nicolas Becker, The Library Code GmbH, (co-chair, can be contacted by gdpr at the-library-code dot de)
- (Please add yourself, if you feel comfortable being listed here)
Time and Date: First Meeting of the DSpace GDPR Working Group will take place on Friday, March 8th, 2019 at 9am UTC / 10 am CET (convert to your timezone).
The following list contains resources of the DSpace community regarding GDPR. These are an important base for the work of this group:
- Article about GDPR in the DSpace space: Data Protection and Privacy
- Ticket about GDPR compliance in DSpace's ticket system:
Here we collect a list of URLs with general information about the GDPR and resources from other projects:
- https://pkp.sfu.ca/2018/04/30/gdpr-guidebook-pkp/ (PKP / OJS GDPR Guidebook)
- https://www.ihk-berlin.de/Service-und-Beratung/recht_und_steuern/vertragsrecht_online_recht/datenschutzgrundverordnung/die-neue-ds-gvo/ (in German, sorry)