The first open-source release of DSpace-CRIS was based on DSpace 1.8.2. Current releases of DSpace-CRIS are based on current DSpace 7 snapshot, DSpace 5.11 and DSpace 6.4 versions.
This version, released on the 6th Apr 30th Sept 2022, is aligned provides alignment with DSpace 7.2.1 3 tag, which includes a security update for CVE-2022-22965 (Spring4Shell critical vulnerability). This version includes updates in metrics presentation and graphical facets.and includes improvements in item layout configuration, statistics endpoints and import scripts optimizations
For previous DSpace versions the latest available tags are 5.11 and 6.4 both released on the August, 30th 2022 just after the release of the corresponding DSpace 6.4 and/or 5.11. Please note that all the DSpace-CRIS versions based on DSpace versions older than 7.0 are End of Life (EOL) according to the corresponding DSpace announcement: Support for DSpace 5 and 6 is ending in 2023
Below there is a detailed release plan covering all the known features contributed by 4Science and other community members who support the enhancement of this open-source extension of DSpace (see: DSpace-CRIS Working Group).
A visit to the community page maintained by DSpace-CRIS users is also recommended: https://wiki.duraspace.org/display/DSPACECRIS/New+Features.
New functionalities are preferably developed for DSpace-CRIS 7 but support for all versions accepted by the DSpace Community is provided. Institutions interested in enhancements for DSpace-CRIS 6.x and DSpace-CRIS 5.x are still welcome to contribute but a plan to implement or support the same use case with version 7 should be provided.
DSpace-CRIS 7 2022.02.00 September, 30th
This version, released on the 05th Oct 2022, provides alignment with DSpace 7.3 tag. See DSpace 7.3 release notes
- ORCID Authentication and synchronization. Alignment and adaptions with porting to and updates done for DSpace 7.3. See ORCID Integration
- DSpace Researcher Profile. Alignment and adaptions with porting to and updates done for DSpace 7.3. See Researcher Profiles
- Import content directly from 9 new external services including CrossRef, Scopus, Web of Science, PubMed Europe, CiNii, NASA Astrophysics Data System (ADS), VuFind.org, SciELO.org, and the European Patent Office (EPO). Alignment and adaptions with porting to and updates done for DSpace 7.3. See Importing Items via basic bibliographic formats (Endnote, BibTex, RIS, CSV, etc) and online services (arXiv, PubMed, CrossRef, CiNii, etc)
Major improved areas/bug fixes
Several bug fixes and improvements have been introduced in the area of:
- item layout and configurations
- fixed entity type set during item creation
- fixed attachment rendering pagination
- optimized statistics loading and scopus import script
DSpace-CRIS 7 2022.01.02 August, 30th