|Table of Contents|
The DSpace Steering Group is nominated and elected by the primary decision-making body of the DSpace Program. It sets the strategic direction of the program, with advice and consent of the Leadership Group. It provides on-going program oversight and ensures that the priorities of the Leadership Group and members are met.
Steering Group members are chosen among the Leaders. elected and empowered by the Leadership. Their responsibilities include:
- Operational oversight, including time-sensitive decision-making
- Development of strategic priorities, for approval by Leadership
- Recommendations for budget allocations, for approval by Leadership
- Assistance with fundraising
- Commissioning of and liaising with working groups
- Agenda-setting for quarterly Leadership Meetings
Composition of the Steering Group
- The Steering Group is composed of 9
- Providing strategic direction to the Project
- Recommending annual budget allocations
- Presenting key decisions to the Leadership Group for discussion and approval
- Raising funds and securing members.
- Steering Group members serve for three-year term, renewable terms.
- Steering Group members are elected by the Leadership, but can be from outside of the Leadership Group.
The DSpace Leadership Group approves the overall priorities and strategic direction of the program. The Group’s responsibilities are:
- Approve the annual budget
- Approve the DSpace product roadmap and strategic plan
- Nominate and elect Steering Group members and DSpace Program Chair
- Vote on significant changes to strategic direction or product roadmap presented by the Steering Group
- Help to raise funds and secure other resources on behalf of the Project
- Overseeing project operations
The Steering Group is in the process of being nominated by the Leadership Group.
- DSpace Program
Composition of the Leadership Group
The Leadership Group is made up of members that contribute annually to the project, along with representatives from the DSpace Community at large who are particularly committed to the Project, including Service Providers.
The Leadership group will also benefit from the participation of:
- 2 Members representing nominated by the community at large and voted by the Members
- Representatives from Registered Service Providers (Certified Partners)
- Ex-officio and/or emeritus members
The Leadership Group approves the overall priorities and strategic direction of the project by:
- Approving the annual budget allocation and any modifications
- Approving the product roadmap
- Approving the strategic direction
- Nominating and electing Steering Group members
- Voting on key decisions presented by Steering Group
- Helping to raise funds and secure other resources on behalf of the project
Current members of the Leadership Group may be found at at https://duraspace.org/dspace/leadership-group
The Leaders are elected for a 1-year term and there are no term limits.
DSpace Committers have autonomous control over the code and are also the primary support team for DSpace. The primary responsibilities of Committers are: