- (REST Contract) (Entities) Support for defining relationship lookups in the submission forms https://github.com/DSpace/Rest7Contract/pull/64 (Alexander Sulfrian, Paulo Graça - feedback provided)
- (UPDATED) (Angular) (Entities) Deleting relationships: https://github.com/DSpace/dspace-angular/pull/402 (Paulo Graça , Tim Donohue )
- (Angular) (Entities) One-sided relationship filtering and refactoring https://github.com/DSpace/dspace-angular/pull/430 (Ben Bosman, Paulo Graça )
- (Lieven, Ben, Tim, Fernando, Jose, Mark, Oliver, Paulo) Submission integration (creating Entities & relations using the Item submission process) - Mockups already created by Paulo previously.
- (Lieven, Ben, Tim, Jose, Oliver, Paulo) Which metadata fields should be used for each Entity type. (DS-4223).
- (Lieven, Ben, Tim, Mark) Additional data for relations (essentially "metadata" or labels on relations) - Related to many other features / use cases.
- (Oliver, Paulo) Author name variants - Not currently implemented
- (Jose) Configuration of batch import (via CSV) for Entities - Already a CSV import available, but can only link entities in CSV to existing entities (in the system). Need to decide how to represent relations in CSV.
- (Mark) Permissions on Relations (who has permissions to add/modify/delete relations) - Currently, if you have Edit permissions on the Entity, then you can edit/delete any relationships to/from that Entity.
- (Fernando) Deleting objects with Relations (How or should deletion propagate between closely related objects, e.g. delete entire Journal) - Currently, deleting a relation just decouples the two Entities. E.g. If you delete a Person entity, that Person may no longer be listed on any Publications it is linked to (may want to copy info over after deletion).
- Relates to GDPR
- (Alexander) AIP Backup & Restore (of Entities)*
- Dynamic display of Relations - determine automatically how a list of entities displayed on an Item page (list vs search). Currently hardcoded based on entity type (in item page template). Want to make it configurable/dynamic.
- SWORD integration (submission of Entities via SWORD) - Uses same format as AIP. Once AIP is implemented, SWORD should be easy.
- OpenAIRE v4 implementation using Entities* - Brought up in Steering. Possibly just an OAI-PMH configuration which maps Entity metadata fields to OpenAIRE v4
- ORCID integration with Entities (for Person Entities).
- Best Practices around Entities in Collections. We've suggested in the Preview Release to structure Collections based on Entity Type (Person Collection, Projects Collection, etc). We should better document and formalize these best practices. Can we hide these Collections which only serve to store Entity Type.
- The ability of pick the proper affiliation of a Person for a specific context. DSpace should address this use case to allow the user to describe something like in this document http://repositorium.sdum.uminho.pt/bitstream/1822/46268/1/1-s2.0-S1877050917302788.pdf regarding the authors and affiliations. You have different persons, each can belong to an institution at the time of that publication. The affiliation shouldn't be changed afterwards. And the user should be able to pick the proper one if an Author has more than one. (PER discussion on July 16, this is lower priority and may be more likely to be implemented in DSpace 8)