Data Curation: A Collaborative Bibliography
Add, edit, and arrange citations and links for useful resources on the topic of data curation.
- Digital Curation Centre. Resource Centre. http://www.dcc.ac.uk/resource/.
- Blue-Ribbon Task Force on Sustainable Digital Preservation and Access. Sustaining the digital investment: Issues and challenges of economically sustainable digital preservation (interim report). December 2008. http://brtf.sdsc.edu/biblio/BRTF_Interim_Report.pdf.
- NSF National Science Board. Long-lived digital data collections enabling research and education in the 21st Century. September 2005. http://www.nsf.gov/pubs/2005/nsb0540/.
- ARL/NSF Workshop on Long‐Term Stewardship of Digital Data Collections. To stand the test of time: long‐term stewardship of digital data sets in science and engineering. September 2006. http://www.arl.org/pp/access/nsfworkshop.shtml.
- Anna Gold. Cyberinfrastructure, data, and libraries, part 1: A cyberinfrastructure primer for librarians. D‐Lib Magazine, 13(9/10), September/October 2007. http://www.dlib.org/dlib/september07/gold/09gold-pt1.html.
- Anna Gold. Cyberinfrastructure, data, and libraries, part 2: Libraries and the data challenge: Roles and actions for libraries. D‐Lib Magazine, 13(9/10), September/October 2007.http://www.dlib.org/dlib/september07/gold/09gold-pt2.html.
- Microsoft Research. Towards 2020 science. March 2006. http://research.microsoft.com/towards2020science/downloads/T2020S_ReportA4.pdf
- NSF Cyberinfrastructure Council. Cyberinfrastructure vision for 21st century discovery. March 2007. http://www.nsf.gov/od/oci/CI_Vision_March07.pdf.
- Philip Lord, Alison Macdonald, Liz Lyon, David Giaretta. From data deluge to data curation. Proceedings of the UK e‐Science All Hands Meeting, September 2004. http://www.ukoln.ac.uk/ukoln/staff/e.j.lyon/150.pdf.
- Oya Y. Rieger. Select for success: Key principles in assessing repository models. D‐Lib Magazine, 13(7/8), July/August 2007. http://www.dlib.org/dlib/july07/rieger/07rieger.html.
- NSF Blue‐Ribbon Advisory Panel on Cyberinfrastructure. Revolutionizing science and engineering through cyberinfrastructure. January 2003. http://www.nsf.gov/od/oci/reports/atkins.pdf.
- Inter‐University Consortium for Political and Social Research (ICPSR). Guide to social science data preparation and archiving. 2005. http://www.icpsr.umich.edu/access/dataprep.pdf.
- Ross Harvey. Appraisal and selection. Data curation manual, Digital Curation Centre. 2007. http://www.dcc.ac.uk/resource/curation‐manual/chapter/appraisal‐and‐selection/appraisaland‐selection.pdf.
- Neil Beagrie. Digital curation for science, digital libraries, and Individuals. The International Journal of Digital Curation, 1(1), 3‐16. 2006. http://www.ijdc.net/ijdc/article/view/6/5.
- Chris Greer. A vision for the digital data universe. January 2007. http://www.nanohub.org/resources/2291/.
- NISO Framework Advisory Group. A framework of guidance for building good digital collections. Third edition, 2007. http://www.niso.org/publications/rp/framework3.pdf.
- Richard L. Moore, Jim D'Aoust, Robert H. McDonald, David Minor. Disk and tape storage cost models. Proceedings of the 2007 IS&T Archiving Conference. http://www.sdsc.edu/~mcdonald/content/papers/dt_cost.pdf.