This documentation relates to an old version of VIVO, version 1.9.x. Looking for another version? See all documentation.
VIVO, and Vitro, its underlying technology, are open and flexible. There is significant opportunity to extend VIVO and/or Vitro to accommodate the needs of your institution. No extensions are needed – VIVO contains a comprehensive information representation for scholarship. Vitro provides a general purpose platform for semantic data management.
Some of the topics in this section are very common – most sites want to localize their branding, many sites use external authentication, and many sites use VIVO in languages other than english. Other topics are more advanced and less common – creating custom editing forms, for example.
Take what you need and leave the rest.
- Create, Assign, and Use an Institutional Internal Class
- Customizing the Interface
- Home page customizations
- Menu and page management
- Annotations on the ontology
- Class-specific templates for profile pages
- Excluding Classes from the Search
- Custom List View Configurations
- Creating short views of individuals
- Creating a custom theme
- Creating custom entry forms
- Enhancing Freemarker templates with DataGetters
- Enriching profile pages using SPARQL query DataGetters
- Multiple profile types for foaf:Person
- Using OpenSocial Gadgets
- How VIVO creates a page
- Tips for Interface Developers
- Deploying additional ontologies with VIVO
- Enable an external authentication system (*)
- Linking to External Vocabularies
- Search Engine Optimization (SEO)