Time: 11:00 am, Eastern Daylight Time (New York, GMT-04:00)
To join the online meeting:
- Go to: https://duraspace.zoom.us/j/823948749
- Or iPhone one-tap :
- US: +14086380968,,823948749# or +16468769923,,823948749#
- Or Telephone:
- Dial(for higher quality, dial a number based on your current location):
- US: +1 408 638 0968 or +1 646 876 9923 or +1 669 900 6833
- Meeting ID: 823 948 749
- International numbers available: https://duraspace.zoom.us/zoomconference?m=Qy8de-kt6W4fMMDQCAV_3qfH1W-lxAo5
- Jim Blake
- Andrei Tudor
- Christian Hauschke
- Ralph O'Flinn
- Benjamin Gross
- Kitio Fofack
- Mike Conlon
- Brian Lowe
- John Fereira
- Robert Nelson
- Tim Worrall
- Steven McCauley
- Andrew Woods
- Martin Barber
- Huda Khan
- New JIRA workflow
- Review and testing needed
- Sprint topics (...or what comes out of the March 1st strategy meeting)
- Outstanding vivo-tech mailing list question
- Updates on Maven documentation from Don Elsborg? Is this worth tracking in Jira?
Please help create the canonical list of Git organizationsClick here to expand...
- Collecting VIVO GitHub repositories into three Git Organizations?
- Supported (vivo-project)
- community experiments (vivo-labs)
- archive (vivo-archive)
- What defines the 1.10 release?
- What remains to be done?
New JIRA workflow -- includes “Received” and “In Review.” No longer includes “Resolved.”
Tickets do not automatically open. They are marked “Received” to start.
Once there’s a pull request, the ticket is marked “In Review.”
Tickets previously marked as “Resolved” have been moved to “Closed”
You may enter a ticket, assign it to yourself, and mark it as Open, and then “In Progress” when work begins.
Tickets “In review”
Suggestion: Two reviewers, one of which is a committer, neither of which is the author review and approve. With two reviews, the pull request can be committed.
Options for committer.
Click “Squash” and “Merge” to get the commits into one commit and then merge. This might be the default.
Surgically combine some commits into groups, merge groups
Jim: Squash commit is useful for backing things out.
Author might put a note in if there is a reason to keep the commits separate
-- Jim, and John to review
-- has been reviewed twice. Can be committed? The group suggested yes. Benjamin offered to commit.
– Mike will review, it might duplicate 1409
-- Brian, Kitio to review
Mike and Andrew will review permissions in the repos to support reviewers.
Sprint topics (...or what comes out of the March 1st strategy meeting)
#1 weeks of April 23rd and 30th -- Javed will lead, supported by Ralph and Kitio
#2 weeks of May 21st and 28th -- leaders TBA
Comments on the Tech Initiatives document will be opened up after March 1.
Partial commitment to the sprint is possible -- requires crystal clear communication about availability.
Participation across time zones, asynchronous participation. Need to work things out, set expectation
Questions being answered on the mailing lists
Could take one-two hours per day
Pending question on Solr was documented in 1.8, but not in 1.9 (Maven)
Maven documentation ticket
Shell in progress https://jira.duraspace.org/browse/VIVO-1450
Next release of VIVO.
Please add comments to the JIRA regardings blockers regarding the next release
What are the official github organizations and repos?
Are there other repos?
Three kinds of repos? Official/Supported, Community things, archive
- Mike Conlon will repair permissions in the repos to allow reviews
Recent JIRA Tickets
Tickets created in the last 30 days:Click here to expand...
Tickets resolved in the last 30 days:Click here to expand...
BugsClick here to expand...