Attendees: Huda, Jason, Steven, Dean, Simeon
Regrets: Lynette, Tim
Agenda & Notes
Review actions from 2018-09-28 Cornell LD4P2 Meeting notes
- Huda Khan will clarify scope with Stanford for development of workflow descriptions for October meeting. Should we cover workflow of Share-VDE import or will Stanford?
- Huda has been making pictures and discussing with Astrid. Astrid will present UX designs in the cohort meeting. Huda will confirm with Astrid whether she should prepare anything to present at the meeting.
- Jason Kovari to work with RBMS and appropriate cohort participants to understand requirements and permissions issues for "publishing" an RDF version of these vocabularies. If there is the go ahead then will follow vocabulary proposal process
- DONE - Had a call. RBMS have created RDF vocabularies but no term URIs. There will be changes before publication with id.loc.gov but will want some interim publication – question about how best we might help facilitate this in the near term and then get vocab with term URIs into QA
- Huda Khan will verify that all information used in navigating music genre authority hierarchy example is surfaced via QA
- DONE - everything except the citation source and note is present. These are two levels down in the RDF structure. → https://github.com/LD4P/ld4p2-cornell/issues/14
- DONE - result is a picture (captured by Tim) and a set of questions that were posted yesterday on the #sinopia channel. Outstanding questions of what data form is required for Sinopia, e.g if we have an unreconciled label, does that have a bnode and label that will then be used for lookup in Sinopia or will have a new Sinopia entity URI created. Expect discussion of these issues on users' call on Monday, Jason expects to join
- Issues: https://waffle.io/LD4P/ld4p2-cornell
Status updates and planning
- Authority Lookups for Sinopia (Production QA instance: https://github.com/cul-it/qa_server/issues/)
- Prep for Cataloging Sinatra and other 45's (Discogs data)
- Steven is working through understanding of LC description of sound recordings, thinking carefully in places where we might deviate from profile. Will have Tim implement the mapping to BF.
- Enhanced Discovery
- Travel and meetings
- LD4P2 Cornell Meeting Attendances
- LD4P2 meeting LC - 15-16 Oct in DC
- Any questions/uncertainties about travel etc.?
- Cohort initial call 9th Oct
- Cohort meeting 15 Oct: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1FLIzPJ-XH55pOhKNpCLAcyjlKpoCSQF9hwrRdZuIGPQ/edit
- ACTION Simeon to discuss with Michelle putting out a link to https://github.com/LD4P/qa_server/wiki/Authority-Support-Plan as part of prep for the cohort
- Partner meeting 16 Oct: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1BCWGt1yyZmEOs5R0arqdqQffhN-VQmUl46cFl6JjkZ4/edit
- ACTION Simeon to follow up with Michelle about partner agenda (and resolving duplicate copies). We think WP5 should not be included. Should we postpone detailed discovery work? (Status of Stanford work package?) Might be useful to time-box different project areas. Are there any presentations we should prepare?
- 201810-12 - Lynette out, Simeon out (Samvera Connect), Jason will lead