The Fedora project understands the importance of producing and maintaining secure, bug-free software. This policy defines the project's commitment in supporting previously released versions of the Fedora Repository software.
Long Term Support (LTS) releases are Fedora releases targeting installations that favor known stability over the latest features.
LTS releases will be determined by the Fedora Committer and Leadership groups, with an estimated frequency of every other year.
LTS releases will come with the following guarantees:
- 3 year period of support
- Ensure stability of the API
- Ensure compatibility with a supported version of the JVM per: Policy - Supported JVM
- Ensure backporting of critical bug fixes and security patches
- Provide documentation and tooling for migration from one LTS to the next
- A community volunteer will lead the management of any given LTS release on a revolving one-year basis.
- See Fedora 4 Semantic Versioning for description of versioning number scheme semantics.