Time: 12:00pm Eastern Standard Time US (UTC-5)
Or iPhone one-tap :
- US: +14086380968,,8128353771# or +16468769923,,8128353771#
- US: +1 408 638 0968 or +1 646 876 9923 or +1 669 900 6833
- Canada: +1 647 558 0588
- Australia: +61 (0) 2 8015 2088
- United Kingdom: +44 (0) 20 3695 0088
Meeting ID: 812 835 3771
International numbers available: https://duraspace.zoom.us/zoomconference?m=dLuIIwXLUv5-UK4kIXYkkH9mryRETY08
- Chris Awre
- Robert Cartolano
- Aaron Choate
- Stefano Cossu
- Tom Cramer
- Karen Estlund
- Maude Frances
- Neil Jefferies
- Danny Lamb
- Steve Marks
- Rosalyn Metz
- Este Pope
- Robin Ruggaber
- Doron Shalvi
- Dustin Slater
- Erin Tripp (note taker)
Jennifer Vinopal Ben Wallberg (sick leave) Evviva Weinraub (Carolyn standing in)
- Jared Whiklo
- David Wilcox
- Andrew Woods
- Patrick Yott
Topic Member renewal update a. Travel reductions this Fall: ~$5,000 $22,000 (Penn State) Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) Upcoming Elections Review previous actions items
b. Not printing t-shirts for OR: ~$4,000
c. Allocating some of my time to grants and other work: Erin can likely provide an estimate of the savings here
$10,000 (JHU - membership increase)
$15,000 (Emory - not yet official)
$22,000 (Michigan - not yet official)
Erin Erin & Robin Erin Erin
Member renewal update
a. Travel reductions this Fall: ~$5,000
$22,000 (Penn State)
Memorandum of Understanding (MOU)
Review previous actions items
Previous Action Items
- All: Raise the topic of how to get better data on who is installing/using what versions of Fedora with the Communication and Community strategy groups.
- Governance Group - Review subgroups and organization before end of June. Jennifer Vinopal Rosalyn Metz
- Maurice York and Robin Lindley Ruggaber to ask their teams how things are currently structured on disk to compare against the OCFL spec.
- Robin - the structure on disc is the way the Samvera stack structures them (for Fedora 4). Did not receive a satisfactory answer for Fedora 3. Not sure if we will move that forward. But we expect to be able to migrate.
- We do not have a quorum.
Membership and Fundraising Update
- Make a special request to Leaders that they attend the next Leaders call. The next call is the week of July 4. ACTION - reschedule that meeting.
- Next meeting - We need to discuss budget mitigation based on membership renewals. We need to decide how to use the $ raised for Fedora 6 (who will work on it and their availability)
- We didn't have a quorum at the last Steering call so their review and feedback is pending before we send to Leaders.
- It includes the background on the project, tenets of the agreement, collaborative decision making, LYRASIS responsibilities (needs more review), the executive management support will stay roughly the same but we will have access to new staff with different backgrounds and experience. Some of the content still needs to be review by David. Financial management - reporting will be updated. No changes to the membership model.
- ACTION - Robin Lindley Ruggaber Send MOU to Steering today. Put deadline on review.
- ACTION - Produce a list of Leaders, dates of Terms. Aiming for early next week.
- David is meeting with international Fedora users after OR. Perhaps find some candidates there.
- Extend the deadline? Any objections? ACTION - Erin to tell David the leaders present would like to extend the deadline to June 18 to
- Erin proposes nominating the new member from Japan. Mikiko Tanifuji.
- Send MOU to Steering today. Put deadline on review