This meeting is a hybrid teleconference and IRC chat. Anyone is welcome to join...here's the info:
- Time: 11:00am Eastern Daylight Time US (UTC-4)
- Dial-in Number: (712) 775-7035
- Participant Code: 479307#
- International numbers: Conference Call Information
- Web Access: https://www.freeconferencecallhd.com/wp-content/themes/responsive/flashphone/flash-phone.php
- Join the #fcrepo chat room via Freenode Web IRC (enter a unique nick)
- Or point your IRC client to #fcrepo on irc.freenode.net
- ? add slack channel info here?
- Danny Bernstein
- Jared Whiklo
- Peter Eichman
- Yinlin Chen
Esmé Cowles Doron Shalvi
- Kevin Ford
- Randall Floyd
- Carrick Rogers
- David Wilcox
- Sign up for API Alignment sprints by adding your name
- Compatibility Test Suite
- Updates from spec editors on External Content: Redirect or Proxy?
- PR needs review
- expiration vs Prefer header
- Sprint Planning (link page)
- Delta Document review
- Outstanding issues requiring discussion
- -Dfcrepo.properties.management=relaxed seems to be a odds with 3.6.1
- 3.7.1 - need clarification - currently base classes remain after a subtype is added. Is this a problem.
- 2018 Spring API Alignment Sprint 1 Planning
Please squash a bug!Click here to expand...
Tickets resolved this week:Click here to expand...
Tickets created this week:Click here to expand...
- API compatibility sprints
- 8 participants for first sprint
- Compatibility test suite
- try out the test suite and add bug reports to GitHub
- Randall: has run the test suite (21 failures out of 63 tests) as part of rampu-up process
- Danny B: has encountered false positives in test suite
- External content
- discussed on spec editors call
- Esme: general agreement that expiration parameter is not appropriate for indicating caching/proxying/redirect
- interest in using a Prefer header; cleaner mechanism
- External Content Discussion: Andrew Woods has started a proposal to try to land this issue: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1tGIX3XxU3km2kshgvrU5BOcLomwDKt5Oi0vPZJRB1Vc/edit?usp=sharing_eil&ts=5a9811c1
- Sprint Planning
- Danny B: first stab at a outline of tasks for alignment sprint 1
- potential conflict between spec 3.6.1 and fcrepo.properties.management=relaxed
- Peter: it is an issue
- Esme: i think "attempts to modify resource statements that a server disallows" is the key — does setting that property make those properties effectively not server-managed?
- Peter: is there a list of server-managed/unchangable triples?
- Jared: https://www.w3.org/TR/ldp/#dfn-ldp-server-managed-triples
- LDP has a narrow server-managed triples definition
- the property removes the "server-managed" constraints
- fcrepo spec is silent on what server-managed means
- Danny B: do we need to indiciate servers MAY constain additional properties
- Peter: call them server-constrained instead of server-managed?
- Jared: LDP server may ignore properties beyond server-managed
- server-managed properties may be a server configurable set
- 3.7.1 clarification
- can add a non-RDF-source type to an RDF-source, but can't remove the RDF-source type
- LDP-RS and LDP-NR are disjoint
- Danny B: this is a bug, if you can change LDP-RS to LDP-NR, without changing the interaction type
- can only change interaction model to a subtype, so the request should fail
- 5.6 clarification
- Peter: user agent URIs are not retrieved
- Danny B: is there a conflict between cross-domain group listing and having groupAgent.baseUri?
- Peter: not unless it is used for retrieval; if it is just a translation layer between e.g. LDAP and acl:agent, it should be fine
- https://github.com/fcrepo4/fcrepo4/blob/6034a73c0b3acca0622362b3c06dd48169b4a535/fcrepo-auth-webac/src/main/java/org/fcrepo/auth/webac/WebACRolesProvider.java#L467 is used to get string agents from URIs, using system properties
- Esme: agrees the agent URIs can be anything, so even if the group ACLs need to be in the repository, that doesn't constrain what the agent URIs can be
- Sprint planning table
- goal: have at least placeholders for all JIRAs before sprint starts
- does this seem like a sensible approach?
- Peter: sounds good
- call for people to flesh out JIRAs
- Randall Floyd and Jared Whiklo volunteered to help flesh out JIRAs over the next two days in preparation for the sprint.
- Randall: how much background knowledge does it require?
- Danny B: will keep an eye out for good entrypoint issues for Randall
- Yinlin: do we have a sprint planning meeting on next Monday?
- Danny B: good idea, will send out Doodle poll to pick a time:
- Sprint Kick Off Doodle: please fill it out https://doodle.com/poll/fpb83rec8f8xmhfi
- Randall: will we have standups?
- Danny B: yes; usually a virtual standup via IRC
- Peter: previous sprints have used Monday & Friday calls as well
- Danny B: maybe midweek for the first week
- Danny Bernstein to look for JIRA ticket around changing interaction model type.
- Danny Bernstein to touch base with Peter and Aaron regarding the Resource Authorization portion of the delta spec.
- Jared Whiklo to create issue for the pass/fail on the Compatibility Test Suite
- Danny Bernstein reach out for more documentation/testing people.
- Danny Bernstein determine whether there is any case where a PUT on a TimeMap would make sense. If there is it should be raised with the specification editors.
- Peter Eichman to do a short writeup on the use of userAgent and groupAgent base URI's and their relationship to WebAC in order to clarify whether or not what if anything needs improvement/clarification/alignment. ACL Agents - Strings vs. URIs